PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of dixy sloppers?

jaybow
12-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey guys I have never used a dixy but the work I have seen done looked bad. They must be to heavy or something because I always see big tire ruts and the cut is not impressive either.;)

Grass Kickin
12-30-2006, 01:13 PM
IMHO, the speed thing about them is all hype. Very popular brand in the South where I am but like you, I've seen some of that work and I'm not impressed. I've seen so many of them that look like they are held together with Duct tape, too many levers and things. They aren't all that fast either.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
12-30-2006, 01:24 PM
LOL.thatz funny

JTF40
12-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey guys I have never used a dixy but the work I have seen done looked bad. They must be to heavy or something because I always see big tire ruts and the cut is not impressive either.;)

.....And what kind of JUNK do you mow with? Don't come on this websight and SLAM (name-calling) a person's Dixie Chopper that he/she works to pay for. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

1MajorTom
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM

If you never used a Dixie Chopper, then you really don't know. It could have just been operator error that made the cut look bad, and nothing to do with the machine. Too hard to give an educated opinion on a piece of equipment without actually using it.

DLCS
12-30-2006, 02:58 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again. All commercial machines can give a good cut, given proper maintenance and a expirienced operator. I've seen Dixies mow like crap but I've seen Dixies do a fabulous job too. Same thing applies with all brands. Do a search on the name Eric Elm and look for some of his pics. His lawns were all cut using Dixie Choppers.:)

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 03:01 PM
They seem like overkill to me. i just don't understand why you would need such a big mower with 2 engines sometimes and a bunch of other stuff that goes 15mph. How much do those mosters weigh? their advertisements on the web a funny though.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 03:02 PM
I think they are geat machines. They are fast and cut well. I used to run a crew with an exmark and a dixie, and the other crew had 2 dixies. The 2 dixie crew always did more lawns than my crew. You have to know how to throw them around properly or your going to tear stuff up. In my experience with them they are great on hills and mud bogging through the woods to your dump spot. We demoed a Ferris once and got it stuck in a little mud. I was on the exmark and that got stuck too. So we called the other crew and they pulled us out with the dixie. Then just to be a wise A$$ the kid drove back and forth through the muddy slope and never got stuck. All the new dixies I'm talking about were the extremes. Never ran a coatsville classic or silver eagle and dont know what model you talking about, but I think you need to have and extreme or supreme to be competitive out there.

Grass Kickin
12-30-2006, 03:07 PM
JTF, I don't think he slammed anyone. Operator error is definately part of it and any machine can make a job crummy because of that. My crummy mowers are Hustler Super Z 60 and a Super Z 52 and I'd put them up against any other machine made.

Fantasy Lawns
12-30-2006, 05:21 PM
I'd say my own crews say enough fore fact that they load the DC up n leave the Lazer in the shop fore back up

Uranus
12-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I'd say my own crews say enough fore fact that they load the DC up n leave the Lazer in the shop fore back up

thats how it was at the last company i worked FORE. i mean for, I got golf on the brain since its F ing december 29th and I have no snow

Richard Martin
12-31-2006, 04:05 AM

Operator error. You can take just about any other mower and run it through the same area and it would probably get stuck. The Dixie pulls out of most mud.