PDA

View Full Version : GM and Toyota

A.D Services
12-27-2006, 03:10 AM
so whats the deal is Gm being bought out by Toyota?????? idk i saw this on the news the other day.

FIRESCOOBY
12-27-2006, 11:51 AM
so whats the deal is Gm being bought out by Toyota?????? idk i saw this on the news the other day.

Haven't heard anything about them buying GM. Toyota is expected to pass GM next year as biggest automaker.

I own both now (2006 Chevy 2500HD 4wd Duramax, 2005 Toyota Sienna). This is the first GM I've ever owned, but about the 5th or 6th Toyota. IMO noone makes a better vehicle than Toyota. Nothing but quality and good service from mine.

tnmtn
12-27-2006, 12:48 PM
i heard it was Ford that is travelling to japan for talks with Toyota. we'll see what shakes loose. chevy is already tied in with isuzu.

Total Landscape Solutions
12-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Ford and Toyota are engaged in talks right now. They are telling the press they are just "relationship" talks right now. Basically Allan Mullay is getting to know his Asian counterpart a little better.
It is highly doubtful that one will buy out the other, or even merge, as Toyota has little to gain from it. The talks will most likely lead to technology sharing in the production and design fields, as both can gain from this type of trade.

zim bob the landscaper
12-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Haven't heard anything about them buying GM. Toyota is expected to pass GM next year as biggest automaker.

I own both now (2006 Chevy 2500HD 4wd Duramax, 2005 Toyota Sienna). This is the first GM I've ever owned, but about the 5th or 6th Toyota. IMO noone makes a better vehicle than Toyota. Nothing but quality and good service from mine.
well if toyota wants to keep up with ford, dodge, and chevy there gonna have to make a truck that can take a real beating. which none can as much as ford, dodge , and chevy. sure it could make a good truck to pull a 10' trailer and a 6.5 or 7 foot plow. right now toyota cant compare IMO. u may say toyota's last forever but they barely work. like my neighbor has a 1999 tacoma and hes like they last forever but his is only 7 years old. when my dads truck is over 12 years old. and stil running strong. thats JMO though.

BSDeality
12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
well if toyota wants to keep up with ford, dodge, and chevy there gonna have to make a truck that can take a real beating. which none can as much as ford, dodge , and chevy. sure it could make a good truck to pull a 10' trailer and a 6.5 or 7 foot plow. right now toyota cant compare IMO. u may say toyota's last forever but they barely work. like my neighbor has a 1999 tacoma and hes like they last forever but his is only 7 years old. when my dads truck is over 12 years old. and stil running strong. thats JMO though.don't talk crap about trucks you can't even drive. Toyota's make some of the longest lasting engines and trucks on the market. I'm tired of listening to ignorant 14 year olds and rednecks dismissing a great auto maker. They don't produce a HD truck because they didn't have any desire to go into that niche. In the next 3 years I guarantee you will see a 1 ton pickup truck from them. and guess who be first in line to buy one

Allure
12-27-2006, 03:56 PM
stay tuned for the new full size tundra which is due out in the next 2 to 4 weeks. It's much bigger & stronger than anything they have made before. Also, they are already hinting that something even bigger is on the horizon.

HenryB
12-27-2006, 06:53 PM
don't talk crap about trucks you can't even drive. Toyota's make some of the longest lasting engines and trucks on the market. I'm tired of listening to ignorant 14 year olds and rednecks dismissing a great auto maker. They don't produce a HD truck because they didn't have any desire to go into that niche. In the next 3 years I guarantee you will see a 1 ton pickup truck from them. and guess who be first in line to buy one

They already make 1 ton and larger trucks available in other countries. I love Toyota's. I just hope they don't let their full line of trucks in the U.S. If they do it will be the death of the big three and I like the big three.:waving:

A.D Services
12-27-2006, 06:59 PM
if thats the case why are so many components of the pontiac vibe and the toyota matrix the same? i noticed this with many other chevys, pontiacs and some other makes that are gm

RedWingsDet
12-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Want out of a job?
Keep buying Foreign.

Sorry, I had to say it. I know they have some of their plants in the USA, but profits still go back to Japan or whereever. Im a big 3 owner for life. Ive driven toyotas before, and I will admit they are nice. But I will still go back to my chevy or ford every day of the week....

They guys that live in MI, know what im talking about. Plants getting shut down left and right because people are buying foreign. The only thing really keeping some of these us automakers afloat are their trucks.

BTW: Diamler Chrysler isnt really apart of the Big Three, even though we STILL associate it with the Big Three, since Mercades owns 51% of Chryslers stock.

HenryB
12-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Want out of a job?
Keep buying Foreign.

Sorry, I had to say it. I know they have some of their plants in the USA, but profits still go back to Japan or whereever. Im a big 3 owner for life. Ive driven toyotas before, and I will admit they are nice. But I will still go back to my chevy or ford every day of the week....

They guys that live in MI, know what im talking about. Plants getting shut down left and right because people are buying foreign. The only thing really keeping some of these us automakers afloat are their trucks.

BTW: Diamler Chrysler isnt really apart of the Big Three, even though we STILL associate it with the Big Three, since Mercades owns 51% of Chryslers stock.

Agree 100%. That's why we need to either keep their trucks out of the US or just copy them.

snoope
12-27-2006, 09:11 PM
If your buying GM,speak spanish...their made in Mexico........Ford speak Canadian oui oui.....World culture is out there for ALL products.....We already know Dodge is German...

You will not beat Toyota trucks built in TEXAS:usflag: :usflag: .so that "ONLY" thinking will make you and yours go broke....Ford knows that.why do you think their upgrading "Fit and Finish" .they last longer.to hell with 1 million sold if 3/4 are junk or sitting.

GM has always shared ideas with Toyota..pre-90's Nova looks like a Corolla:) :) ...And now Toyota owns GMs shares of Isuzu ( GM sold to raise cash)....Our new GM company trucks are the best we have seen in 10+ years fit and finish.......quality not quanity...but the door jamb still says "Mexico".

Checking on medium duty......Hino comes to mind and who owns Hino......TOYOTA

Saying Toyo's can't cut it.you've never owned one..Toyo #16 is in the drive and happily just turned 102,000 and is tighter than most newer models...My Tacoma has pulled many of my Buddies big 3 out of areas they should have never been in AND hauling a load it was designed for; it has never "cried":laugh: :waving: :waving: ...1/2 yard of loam,mulch or "pea stone":walking: :walking:

I work with the "Big Iron" full time...10-12 hours a day 65,000 lbs at a time,you learn real fast to "Use the right equipment for the job it was designed to do ONLY"..

Yes ,when the time comes ..if Toyota does not have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton 4x4 ready.. A Big 3 will be purchased BUT for all the right reasons ..not just because its "MADE" here...

Snoope back quiet

Allure
12-27-2006, 09:17 PM
great post snoope.

RedWingsDet
12-27-2006, 09:56 PM
It doesnt matter if gm and ford are not made in the usa, WE STILL GET THE PROFITS. F&*# those other japan manufactures that bring their stuff here, I dont care if their made here, because those profits still go abck to them in Japan so they can eat more sushi. Oh well, theres alot of folks that love imports and I'd never win the battle... Just keep buying your imports and kicking americans out of jobs and our companys out of money.

Allure
12-27-2006, 10:15 PM
It doesnt matter if gm and ford are not made in the usa, WE STILL GET THE PROFITS. F&*# those other japan manufactures that bring their stuff here, I dont care if their made here, because those profits still go abck to them in Japan so they can eat more sushi. Oh well, theres alot of folks that love imports and I'd never win the battle... Just keep buying your imports and kicking americans out of jobs and our companys out of money.

This is a simplistic view IMO. not only does Toyota employ 37000 people in this country but billions of dollars in stock are held by US investors who share in the profits the company makes. The reverse is also true for the US auto makers. Many foreign investors profit if the US companies make a profit (which is rare i'll admit).
Like it or not it is a global economy.

Toy2
12-28-2006, 02:36 PM
GM and Ford had plenty of time to come up with a good quailty product, they failed.
Still have the 96 Tacoma, 72K miles, perfect shape, no issues at all, just bought the wife an 07 Camry...the new Tundra will be awesome!!
So here it goes:

TOYOTA'S THE BEST
*&#@ THE REST!

ED'S LAWNCARE
12-28-2006, 03:05 PM
I will take on anything toyota has against my f250 7.3 stroker. Tundra overpriced pos. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Allure
12-28-2006, 03:22 PM
as soon as they make a comparably sized truck (which they will soon enough) i will take you up on that.

as for POS :nono:

ED'S LAWNCARE
12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
as soon as they make a comparably sized truck (which they will soon enough) i will take you up on that.

as for POS :nono:

ok your on.. I will admit their cars are of good quality, but the trucks are just fluff.

FIRESCOOBY
12-28-2006, 03:50 PM
ok your on.. I will admit their cars are of good quality, but the trucks are just fluff.

I'm a firm believer of Toyota in the vehicles and classes they are in. The Tundra is a GREAT truck for its CLASS, very reliable and long lasting.

WHEN the new Tundra comes out and they get the diesel in there...I will not be willing to put my 3 month old Duramax up against it. No comparison. "Supposedly" it's gonna have a Hino based diesel in it along with an Aisin transmission. Both of these components have proven themselves in the past in various levels.

GreenN'Clean
12-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I still like ford trucks i had a nissan before and a couple toyotas but I like my ford trucks the best

Scag48
12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Nothing wrong with Toyota, they just haven't released anything "work duty" just yet. When they do, watch out. Right now our F350 has 170K miles on it and we're trying to figure out what to replace it with and everything from the big 3 sucks. Ford's 6.0 is a joke, I don't like GM all that much after owning a 2500 that pieces of the truck (interior mainly) just fall apart, and Dodge's fit and finish is terrible. I'd like to see the Japanese companies deliver. And Toyota has a huge factory in the US for you morons that don't think so, Ford/GM/Dodge builds basically nothing in the US anymore.

zim bob the landscaper
12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
don't talk crap about trucks you can't even drive. Toyota's make some of the longest lasting engines and trucks on the market. I'm tired of listening to ignorant 14 year olds and rednecks dismissing a great auto maker. They don't produce a HD truck because they didn't have any desire to go into that niche. In the next 3 years I guarantee you will see a 1 ton pickup truck from them. and guess who be first in line to buy one

sorry man i was just stating my opnion i only have 6 months till i get my permit. well a little bit more than 6 months:) :) :) :)

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-30-2006, 01:17 AM
I will take on anything toyota has against my f250 7.3 stroker. Tundra overpriced pos. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Amen brother.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-30-2006, 01:24 AM

Alright Hanoi Jane... why don't you just leave that kid alone. He's just trying to have some fun and maybe learn a few things while he is at it. If you really want to be the first American to own a one ton Toyota...Why don't you learn how to trim Banzai's and move to Japan? BS is right on the money.

LB1234
12-30-2006, 03:20 AM
[QUOTE=RedWingsDet;1655007]Want out of a job?
Keep buying Foreign.

[QUOTE]

Please answer this for me...

Do you own any electronics? TVs, camcorders, digital cameras, GPS units, cell phones, laptops, computers, monitors, calculators, video games, telephones, etc.

Are any of them sony, toshiba, LG, sharp, etc.? Or are they all going to non-foreign company's?

People that make comments like this are hypocrites.:sleeping:

RedWingsDet
12-30-2006, 03:25 AM
well if any american companys made TV's I would by those in a heart beat, even if they were more $$$....

I dont give a rats ass if their made here or in timbucktoo. as long as the profits come back to the USA.

I will by ford and gm for life. I really dont think much can change it...

Go ahead and keep buying forign and screwing the rest of us in Michigan out of work.

If you live in the USA, why wont you buy American Products??? and dont even tell me because the toyotas are built here and that they are american made, I could careless, because that money goes back to some jockey in japan.

LB1234
12-30-2006, 03:40 AM
well if any american companys made TV's I would by those in a heart beat, even if they were more $$$....

I dont give a rats ass if their made here or in timbucktoo. as long as the profits come back to the USA.

I will by ford and gm for life. I really dont think much can change it...

Go ahead and keep buying forign and screwing the rest of us in Michigan out of work.

If you live in the USA, why wont you buy American Products??? and dont even tell me because the toyotas are built here and that they are american made, I could careless, because that money goes back to some jockey in japan.

I never stated I wouldn't nor haven't purchased 'american' products.

AND you didn't answer my question/s. Do you own any of that stuff (i.e. electronics)? If so, whats the difference between buying an auto and purchasing electronics? I'd love to hear the explanation as to why you are giving your electronics purchasing products profits to the "jockey in japan".

BTW, I presently own two 'american' trucks with a total purchase of three over the past few years.

RedWingsDet
12-30-2006, 03:43 AM
Yes I do.... But I dont know of any american made TV"s, if I did, I would by them in a heartbeat, cost reguardless.

The difference is... If you can find a company where the profits come back to us in the USA, why not buy it. Who cares if its made in a different country, most of the products are made here anyway and just the truck/car/suv is assembled in canada or wherever.......

I just dont want to buy ANY car where the Profits go back to someone in japan or wherever.... if that makes since lol

Just like, if your fridge was broke, would you rather hire someone down the street, or 50miles away?
I'd rather hire the guy down the street for more money

LB1234
12-30-2006, 03:46 AM

Curious...do all of your lawn/landscape equipment have 'american' engine options?

RedWingsDet
12-30-2006, 03:47 AM
If they offered them, then YOU BET!!!
what you dont understand, that is if there were american companys for everything we owned, I would buy them....

If you lived in Michigan you would understand. 40 years ago you could have a hs education and live in an awesome house, have health insurance, etc. etc. and now its all taken away because people are buying forign cars... But now you have to have a PHd. (I know im over exuaderating)

LB1234
12-30-2006, 03:56 AM
If they offered them, then YOU BET!!!
what you dont understand, that is if there were american companys for everything we owned, I would buy them....

If you lived in Michigan you would understand. 40 years ago you could have a hs education and live in an awesome house, have health insurance, etc. etc. and now its all taken away because people are buying forign cars... But now you have to have a PHd. (I know im over exuaderating)

I figured out the overall route of the problem!!!! Your a red wings fan and they suck! J/K....i just watched my rangers lose their 7th straight tonight...shannhan only has 1 goal in his last nine!!

Its getting late and I have to finish my monthly statements before the new year. Anyway...I think we have to agree to disagree on this one. But have no fear I'll be back arguing in a few hours!

RedWingsDet
12-30-2006, 04:00 AM
LOL. sounds like a plan... Just post when your ready to argue again. Im always up for a good fight... haha. Happy Newyear

Allure
12-30-2006, 10:03 AM
the reason you can't buy an American tv anymore is because they were inferior quality compared to the Japanese. Thus they eventually went out of business.

As for not caring where things are made so long as the profits come back here, WTF. If the big three continue to make more of their cars in mexico & elsewhere toyota just may become the largest employer in the us auto industry. They would be providing more jobs, paying more taxes & dumping more money into our economy etc than the us co's. meanwhile the big 3 would be pouring money into other countries economies. According to your logic, this would be OK so long as the profits come back here. Of course those profits are not going into your pocket either way. This is all assuming the big three can actually turn a profit!

I buy American when ever possible so long as the product is of comparable quality to any alternatives, be they from switzerland, or japan or elsewhere. I will not however, waste my money on inferior products out of some misguided sense of patriotism.

Go ahead and bash away:cry:

Lawnworks
12-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Unions and healthcare are killing Ford and GM. Its their own damn fault. Is not my fault these liberal nazis have destroyed the companies! Toyota does not have unions and their workers actually get paid more!! How bout this... I will purchase whatever the hell I want to... this is a competitive free market.

LB1234
12-30-2006, 12:58 PM
My family and I have had/have nothing but good things to say about the foreign car manufacturers. My family and I have owned mitsubushi, toyota, mazda, subaru, hyundai, & volvo. I prefer toyota over all of them.

I prefer the foreign manufacturers due to a number of reasons. First, not so much now, but years ago the forgeign cars offered more standard safety features. You didn't have to 'upgrade'...safety was important from the getgo. Second, IMO they are waaaayyyyyy more reliable. I'm not going to present every for instance of why...its my opinion based on past & present experiences with both american and foreign manufacturers. Third, foreign cars hold there value better than there american conterparts (i.e. corrolla and civic). Lastly, and most importantly. The foreign cars stand behind there product.

Toy2
12-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Check and see what your mower has for an engine, my 36 has a Kawi 13 to power it up, now figure out where the Kawi came from.

Toys will rule when the Tunrda comes out!!!

Bye,bye, GM!!

pclawncare
12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
I have a 2006 tundra and it drives/rides like a dream. I will say that it is not a hauling machine like my 2500 dodge, but i bought the dodge to haul things with and i bought the tundra to drive. The tundra will easily pull its load rating but it was not built/geared for pulling loads that a 1 ton should be pulling, but toyota is fixing the power issue with their new tundra having a 350 v 8. For now i will keep my dodge and toyota but if i had to have between a 1500 dodge and 1500 toyota id buy 15 toyotas befor i bought a dodge. The reason why foregin auto makers are successful in the USA is because they listen to us and make what we want. Example honda americans a while back wanted a reliable strong car that good gas milage and was affordable. What did they give us? Arguably the most reliable cheepest cars out there. More recently nissan with their titan americans said they like big trucks with big motors. What did they give us? A big truck with a big motor. I think it is similar to the old saying build it and they will come, only it is build what they want and people will buy it.

tomo
12-30-2006, 06:15 PM
hello, buying usa is getting extremely difficult . Although not exactlly on topic it is relevant to the topic . What are peoples opinions on the increasing trend 4 usa mower/auto makers who increasing source from china tiawan mexico etc etc
IMO the more dilution of the usa product that goes on the more the quality of that unit degrades. The makers are to blame ,who at the end of the day require profits above all else ,even at the expense of the customer. [providing complaints do not exceed eg 1% of total sales not much is done]
As with mowers /auto, producing an inferior item repeatedly eventually catches up with u [shows in sales]

Although japanese components on usa auto/mowers may only just be acceptable , the more low quality inferior parts that r installed the [makers only have themselves to blame]the more i will look else where..

Quality first tomo:waving:

HenryB
12-30-2006, 06:28 PM
hello, buying usa is getting extremely difficult . Although not exactlly on topic it is relevant to the topic . What are peoples opinions on the increasing trend 4 usa mower/auto makers who increasing source from china tiawan mexico etc etc
IMO the more dilution of the usa product that goes on the more the quality of that unit degrades. The makers are to blame ,who at the end of the day require profits above all else ,even at the expense of the customer. [providing complaints do not exceed eg 1% of total sales not much is done]
As with mowers /auto, producing an inferior item repeatedly eventually catches up with u [shows in sales]

Although japanese components on usa auto/mowers may only just be acceptable , the more low quality inferior parts that r installed the [makers only have themselves to blame]the more i will look else where..

Quality first tomo:waving:
Could not disagree more. Now that The big three have to compete with Japanese automakers they have improved a lot. I was at a busy garage in the late 70's and 80's; The garbage Ford and GM put out was shocking. We used to find beer cans in the doors of vehicles. Left by factory workers. There was no competition and thanks to unions their jobs were secured. If someone complained to them their atitude was F@#$ you we're union.:drinkup:

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I wish you could still buy a good ol' American pickup, but sadly they're fading away. whats disappointing is Toyota is opening manufacturing plants all over the U.S. so thier cars and trucks a becoming more American made than the the American brand names like Chevy, Ford and Dodge. At least Walker Mowers are all Made in the U.S.A. except for the engines, Hope it stays like that.

lordmaximus240
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
my wife korked for gm in the nid 80's in cincinnati. The workers were threatening to strike for more money benefits etc. Now most of these guys were making $20+dollars an hour. That was huge money 20 years ago. Management told them we cant produce any more and cant expand and could not give up anymore cash. The union said ok and they went on strike. GM closed the plant and all of these employees were out of work with a lifestyle they couldnt find another job to support.

The big 3 have no one to blame but themselves. They put out an inferior product that was unreliable and poorly put together. These workers didnt and dont care about their crappy workmanship the unions always protected them. They were harder to fire than a government employee.

I bought my last american vehicle in 89. It was in the shop 12 times in 2 years. I buy only Toyota and Nissan. You can cry all you want about buying american and american jobs, but the auto makers are reaping what they have sewn. Most american cars are made out of country and so are the parts. They outsource for cheap labor now to try and stop the money bleeding from their companies, and what do you get? cheap a s s crap. Its my $25000 and I want my monies worth. I love america but their is nothing american by getting raped by the big 3 and their greedy unions. I wish I could retire with a fat pension and healthcare for life but I still cant find a lawnboys union to slide me into this

pclawncare
12-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I do agree that it is nice that walker is made in the USA and they still care about their product. They have proven this time and time again for example they are releasing a limited amount of their 52" ghs deck this next year that way they can take any suggestions and make design changes befor mass producing a product that they dont even know will be accepted buy their buyers and want to make sure they are putting out the best product that they can.

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 11:47 PM
I do agree that it is nice that walker is made in the USA and they still care about their product. They have proven this time and time again for example they are releasing a limited amount of their 52" ghs deck this next year that way they can take any suggestions and make design changes befor mass producing a product that they dont even know will be accepted buy their buyers and want to make sure they are putting out the best product that they can.
They're a great company and have an interesting background too.

snoope
12-31-2006, 12:41 AM
And that is all I was trying to point out.....The BIG 3 lost it many years ago..fat paychecks,floated mid management and built for quanity not quality..

How many of you can run your business ( 1 man show or multi-machines ) like that and not expect to be surpassed by someone doing QUALITY work???

Toyota is scared to be #1,read their bosses speech..without quality we will not be giving our customers what they DESERVE.....When is the last time a big 3 CEO said that??

And how many Americans collect a Toyota check,plus suppliers...that $$ stays right here and has since the inception of the CAMRY line...

Yes,GM,Ford and especially Dodge have now improved their line-ups BUT will they keep that mentality into the next "BUILD CYCLE" or just "Cash in"....???

Toyotas diesels have been around....not to age myself but the Hilux's had diesels way back when.....And yes that 7.3 diesel kicks A$$..but jump up a class and pull against a HINO with a Toyota diesel...That comparison would be no different than asking the Tundra to jump up to 3/4 or 1 ton right???

20+ years working with MOM Nature on the "Dirt end" and now I'm reaching out to try the "Finish product" end...AND all of your opinions count.....I'll just make due with whatever I feel is the "Right stuff" for me.....You just do the same and may we all have a good 2007........

Snoope back quiet

glllc
12-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Want out of a job?
Keep buying Foreign. :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

murray83
12-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Who cares?the new Toyota 3/4 ton is something I'm excited to see.

This buy American crap is getting old,if the American auto makers can't make a quality truck they need to step aside.Toyota and Honda have the best resale rates and the big 3 don't.

Ford is falling apart and refuse to back up their products and have major electrical issues in their entire line up and GM has blown it with the 2007 truck lineup its not a work truck its an SUV with a 6 foot box the design in my opinion looks like crap the front end is way too heavy.Sadly the American big 3 have forgot the average working man and have pissed me off long enough.

All I can say is bring on this new 3/4 ton Toyota and kiss the big 3 good bye

apowell18
12-31-2006, 06:49 PM
TO EVERYONE: think of this for a minute...38000 Ford employees will be leaving with a big buyout package this spring and summer. GM did the same thing this past year. If you live within a decent radius of any plant the chances are pretty good that you will have an influx of competition in 2007. What does this mean for you? Prices!!! Good luck trying to raise them or keep customers when there are 200 new LCOs in your area. Buy American? YOUR business depends on it. Here in KC over 1300 employees are leaving. I'm going legit and doing it right, but there are more than a dozen young single guys that have already purchased Zs and WB and ready to lowball everyone, including me.

I am a Ford employee taking the buyout to start up in 07...I'm going legit and doing things the right way so make sure you read this post before you start babbling...By the way for anyone still interested...I get another bunch of Xplans for Ford vehicles on Jan. 1st...you pay invoice on most trucks and cars + any rebate or other offer...good luck with your foreign products.

:usflag:

FIRESCOOBY
12-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Some opinions expressed in this thread are very funny.

The addition of Toyota's into the HD truck market is going to make every manufacturer make a better product. That's what competition does!!!

I suppose everyone on here would be happy with 3 choices of mowers with one motor and deck size each? I didn't think so. Competition has given us MANY mower manufacturers that each year try to improve their product with different decks, hydro pumps, motors, etc. They do this to remain competitive and keep our business!!! Open your eyes!!

This has gotten a little ridiculous and juvenile.

tnmtn
12-31-2006, 07:30 PM
i find it interesting outside of the big 2 it is hard to find a medium duty with plenty of towing power. the cabovers and hino's may be great trucks for hauling a load but from what is said they can't tow what a 3500 can. maybe in time they will come up with larger engines to cover that end. until i'll stay GM.

tomo
12-31-2006, 08:58 PM
I wish you could still buy a good ol' American pickup, but sadly they're fading away. whats disappointing is Toyota is opening manufacturing plants all over the U.S. so thier cars and trucks a becoming more American made than the the American brand names like Chevy, Ford and Dodge. At least Walker Mowers are all Made in the U.S.A. except for the engines, Hope it stays like that.

hello, there are still a number of parts on the walker that are made in china etc and as u would expect those particular parts have a short life ,some by poor design and others by poor quality .These items only serve to give walker a bad rep .As u would expect they obviously made a decision to go with those components within management at some stage . Nothing wrong with walker in principle but the final product is a little weak in some areas .Personally i have a love / hate relationship with the 2x units i have .

tomo ,quality first:waving:

scweedman
01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Ford and GM are shaking in their boots the new toyota tundra are going to
come out in January. www.toyota.com I would buy american trucks but they just don't hold up.Yes u have some of them that do but for the most
part its because the owner worked on them and kept them up. I have a 01
Toyota Tundra that i use every day 140,000 miles and have done nothing to it but change the oil. American makers new this was coming don't feel sorry
for them they built cars that would not last because they wanted you to
buy another one in 4 to 5 years as soon as it was payed for. Toyota
built a car that would last so you could sell it are hand it down and buy
another one because the last one held up. Just like landscaping work
you get what you pay for.:usflag: