PDA

View Full Version : how much are your parents worth to you?

1MajorTom
12-27-2006, 08:10 AM
got a call from florida 10 days before christmas. I answered, and the man on the phone said, "this is Donald, and I'm calling from Florida, I want to get my parents a Christmas gift." I said, "ok, what can we do for you?" He says, "well my parents are neighbors of yours, Mr. and Mrs Pitnicky. And they are too old to be cutting the grass anymore, and I would like you guys to start doing it for them, so I thought this would make a nice Christmas gift to them. I'm very concerned about their health, they shouldn't be cutting grass anymore. I also want to hire someone that we can trust, we don't want a stranger on their property." (Both parents are in their late 80's, and are in no condition to be out with a mower, let alone out in the heat of the summer with a mower.) I even told Donald that a few times this summer, Matt had to go over and insist that the old man sit down because he was looking real weak, and actually looked like he might tip over. So Matt finished up the lawn for him on a few separate occasions. The lawn is around 2,000 sq ft, more actual time trimming than cutting, but his parents cut it and trim it weekly. I gave Donald a choice of prepaying for the season, or being billed monthly, and offered to print him up a gift certificate that he could send to his parents since he couldn't make it back for the holidays. He said he would talk it over with his brothers and sisters, since all 5 of them were going to split the cost, and he said he would get back with us. He never called back.
I based the price on a 30 cut season, $750 bucks, which i told him we would reimburse a small part if prepaid if we ran into a severe drought situaion. divide by 5 kids, and that's a buck and a half a kid for peace of mind for his parents. he declined that peace of mind. how much did he think we were going to charge for a full season? All he wanted was a basic cut and trim, but did he think we would do it for 200 hundred bucks?

grass_cuttin_fool
12-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Quick math in my head....... 5 kids = 5 bux each per cut, sounds good to me especially since its for your parents and if you are truely concerned with their health.

wayne

Charles
12-27-2006, 08:39 AM
He is probably basing his decision on Florida prices. Which is like comparing night to day to PA prices and the majority of the Country:rolleyes:

traman
12-27-2006, 12:55 PM
He is probably basing his decision on Florida prices. Which is like comparing night to day to PA prices and the majority of the Country:rolleyes: he probably doesn't have lawn service at all ,the bottom line is the end result is the same. its just we would be closer to 40 cuts. rather than 30 at the same price .

Josh.S
12-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Well IMO $25 a cut seems kinda high for 2000 sq ft...

Still, $750 isn't that much for a whole summer..

Shawns Lawns
12-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Was he trying to get your sympathy pricing?:waving:

grandview (2006)
12-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree with ^^ he's playing the heart strings thought you might say 5.00 per cut.

cantoo
12-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Even though they didn't hire you for the cutting I would go ahead and give them free fert for the year anyway. Use up any urea you have laying around. It's the least you can do.

Some people are just too cheap. They may call you in the spring it may take awhile to get all siblings to agree to the deal.

1MajorTom
12-27-2006, 07:53 PM

Still, $750 isn't that much for a whole summer..

There's got to be a minimum, a cut off point where you don't go any lower. By the time you drag the mower out, then trim everything up real nice, load back up, it chews up time.
It's not even that we wanted this account, as we don't want to work for neighbors. But I felt put on the spot, cause I know these neighbors aren't healthy enough to do it themselves. I honestly didn't think he would be worried about the $$$'s, as their parents had bragged to us before that all 5 of their kids all have real good jobs in the corporate world.

JJLandscapes
12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
My guess is that he wanted you to cut it for free to be honest or near free

Maybe his parents abused him as a child and he barely cares for them but doesnt want to see them die behind a lawnmower the possibilities are endless.... no one knows why the price wasnt good for them but the kids

Im not trying to sound like an as sho le or anything but who cares just treat it like any other cheap customer dont make a big deal.. keep business as business you shouldnt even be thinking about a customer or there personal lives unless you are on the property or you are looking at there past due bill lol jk ( this happens to be your neighbor to so its probably hard if you guys are close but u gotta try)

LawnTamer
12-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Jodi is right, you've gotta have a entry price. Just the time and expense of monthly billing, insurance costs etc.

fiveoboy01
12-27-2006, 09:06 PM
25.00 is my bare minimum for anything. I don't care if it takes me 10 minutes.

We have expenses to pay, and that's that.

I'd agree with some of the other posters. Probably playing the emotion card to get it for virtually nothing. That sounds mean, but we are in business to make money and not perform charity work.

lawnman_scott
12-27-2006, 09:56 PM
He is probably basing his decision on Florida prices. Which is like comparing night to day to PA prices and the majority of the Country:rolleyes:In all reality this is a myth. I started a bunch of threads baiting people about numbers. And they all jumped at it then either had to backtrack or ignore the thread. We can go around again with the new guys if you want. But anyway, dont worry because if you didnt get paid up front Jodi they propably wouldnt pay at all, they are from florida. Now there is something factual about florida.

Gatewayuser
12-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Thats really sad that money is more important then their parents.
I have a customer here in Ohio but the daughter lives in Kentucky, it costs more then that to cut and she is the only one that pays for it. She is someone who trully cares about her parents.

Uranus
12-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I'd like to find out what would happen if Matt went over there next year and in conversation mentions your phone call.

Gatewayuser
12-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I'd like to find out what would happen if Matt went over there next year and in conversation mentions your phone call.

That is something that would never be the right thing to do. You would never want to make someone feel not cared about.

zturncutter
12-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Did anyone consider that the parents were asked about the gift and declined? Even though perhaps they should not be doing ther own lawn does not mean that they would agree to having someone else maintain the lawn. Its not always about someone being a bad person or being cheap.:confused:

Military Lawns
12-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow! I guess this gentleman and his fellow siblings DO NOT have their parents best interest in mind. I agree with the majority that this guy had cheap cuts or free lawn care erroring on the side of emotions.

DuraCutter
12-27-2006, 10:39 PM
25.00 is my bare minimum for anything. I don't care if it takes me 10 minutes.

We have expenses to pay, and that's that.

I'd agree with some of the other posters. Probably playing the emotion card to get it for virtually nothing. That sounds mean, but we are in business to make money and not perform charity work.

But even $25 for a minimum... I'll compare that to some minimums we have for services to lawncare clients.

Bobcat snow removal- 4 hour minimum at $80 an hour- $320. That's for anything over 1 hour. Sometimes we'll lower to 2 if we have a day full with the same client.

Stucco work- A day for 2 guys minimum. Even if it's a 2 hour job, they pay for the day... 16 hrs. for two. $1,120. I don't move off that, and if I do a quote that means 2 to 3 hrs. for a job, magically it's $1,100. I get those prices all the time cause it's a specialty job and I'm not scared to ask.

Landscaping- 1/2 days wages for 2 guys... absolute minimum.

Deck work- Well, it works out to 3 to 4k because most decks are in bad shape, but still, we easily get 2 guys, 1 days wage no matter what.

Why am I writing this, cause it shows the $25 minimum as a ******ed low price. I know, some parts of the country won't support more. That doesn't stop someone from offering more goodies along with lawncare. I don't mean disrespect, but am taking my time off(which is far and few between) to share this hard earned lesson. Believe me, I'm no spring chicken and my company runs 12 service vehicles doing everything from dekmaster to stucco to yes, lawncare. It just burns me up when anyone!! will settle for a measly 25 bucks for anything.

Plumbers usually have a 100 to 200 dollar minimum. On and on it goes.

Anyways, don't forget, I'm also an lco... so don't go hatin, just trying to help... lol.. btw, I do have really great ways to choose clients... sure fire ways... anyone want my advice you know how to reach me.... Happy new year.

fiveoboy01
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
But even $25 for a minimum... I'll compare that to some minimums we have for services to lawncare clients.

Bobcat snow removal- 4 hour minimum at $80 an hour- $320. That's for anything over 1 hour. Sometimes we'll lower to 2 if we have a day full with the same client.

Stucco work- A day for 2 guys minimum. Even if it's a 2 hour job, they pay for the day... 16 hrs. for two. $1,120. I don't move off that, and if I do a quote that means 2 to 3 hrs. for a job, magically it's $1,100. I get those prices all the time cause it's a specialty job and I'm not scared to ask.

Landscaping- 1/2 days wages for 2 guys... absolute minimum.

Deck work- Well, it works out to 3 to 4k because most decks are in bad shape, but still, we easily get 2 guys, 1 days wage no matter what.

Why am I writing this, cause it shows the $25 minimum as a ******ed low price. I know, some parts of the country won't support more. That doesn't stop someone from offering more goodies along with lawncare. I don't mean disrespect, but am taking my time off(which is far and few between) to share this hard earned lesson. Believe me, I'm no spring chicken and my company runs 12 service vehicles doing everything from dekmaster to stucco to yes, lawncare. It just burns me up when anyone!! will settle for a measly 25 bucks for anything.

Plumbers usually have a 100 to 200 dollar minimum. On and on it goes.

Anyways, don't forget, I'm also an lco... so don't go hatin, just trying to help... lol.. btw, I do have really great ways to choose clients... sure fire ways... anyone want my advice you know how to reach me.... Happy new year.

I see your point. And with all due respect, your argument is ******ed. Bobcat work, building decks, stucco work, etc, are in a much different class than your basic lawn maintenance.

Like I said, 25 is the minimum, and even that won't get anyone much service.

Basic lawn maintenance can be performed by anyone. Hence the price demanded cannot be as high. A vast majority of people do not own a skid steer for snow removal or landscape work, or know how(nor have the equipment) to do stucco, or build/rebuild their own deck, or retaining wall, plumb in a water heater, etc.

You said it yourself - it's a specialty job.

Mowing and trimming/edging, even mulch installation - Any joe blow homeowner can buy a mower and some bags of mulch and make their property look half decent. Not nearly as specialized as the services you listed.

Uranus
12-28-2006, 12:02 AM
That is something that would never be the right thing to do. You would never want to make someone feel not cared about.

Your taking it to seriously. That post was all in fun. I personaly wouldnt do that nor should Matt.

Gatewayuser
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Your taking it to seriously. That post was all in fun. I personaly wouldnt do that nor should Matt.

Ok you had me worried. :jester:

apowell18
12-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Quick question...why haven't you offered free service to your elderly neighbors yet? I understand we have minimums and expenses...but they are your neighbors, and they are elderly.

We have one person on our block that is over the age of 40, and she is 86 and lives right next door to me. She pays a local boy 10 bucks to mow every week (bastard doesn't weedeat though). The rest of the yardwork (yearround work) is taken care of by the rest of us neighbors. When it snows someone clears her drive and walk, when the leaves need tended to someone tends to them, etc, etc...

the point is take care of those neighbors who NEED the help...the elderly...it's a way to say thank you...

Uranus
12-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Ok you had me worried. :jester:

Well maybe matt should if he rides over on a zebra Privat joke

1MajorTom
12-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Quick question...why haven't you offered free service to your elderly neighbors yet? I understand we have minimums and expenses...but they are your neighbors, and they are elderly.

We have one person on our block that is over the age of 40, and she is 86 and lives right next door to me. She pays a local boy 10 bucks to mow every week (bastard doesn't weedeat though). The rest of the yardwork (yearround work) is taken care of by the rest of us neighbors. When it snows someone clears her drive and walk, when the leaves need tended to someone tends to them, etc, etc...

the point is take care of those neighbors who NEED the help...the elderly...it's a way to say thank you...
And I agree with you, but Matt's good deeds are only done 3 months out of the year usually. And that would be Dec, Jan, and Feb. There are only so many hours in the day, and during working season, he just honestly does not have any extra hours/minutes to give. But during the winter months he will help the neighbors with the snow, or anyone else that needs a hand.

J&R Landscaping
12-28-2006, 12:33 AM
There's got to be a minimum, a cut off point where you don't go any lower. By the time you drag the mower out, then trim everything up real nice, load back up, it chews up time.
It's not even that we wanted this account, as we don't want to work for neighbors. But I felt put on the spot, cause I know these neighbors aren't healthy enough to do it themselves. I honestly didn't think he would be worried about the $$$'s, as their parents had bragged to us before that all 5 of their kids all have real good jobs in the corporate world.

He was proably looking for a holiday handout. You have to have a minimum price to be making money and $25 aint unreasonable for a minimum. I'm sure he could hire Johnny lawnboy downt the street for $10 a week but the security is not there. I would give him a few more days and follow up with him. If he was busy traveling over the holidays, he might call once he gets home and has every day life back on track.

Ed Ryder
12-28-2006, 12:41 AM

Huge mistake!

It's our business. It's how we make our living. We're not charity organizations. And it's not all about minimums and meeting expenses. Grass cutting is dangerous. We take chances. We're subject to hearing loss, even with hearing protection. The sun fries our skin. We're at risk of lyme disease and foot problems and we can get hurt doing this kind of work.

And what about the risk of property damage? How would you like to pay to fix something on a lawn you were cutting for free?

Anyone who does this work cheap or gives it away is not being very smart.

apowell18
12-28-2006, 12:52 AM
just a lawn guy...hearing problems? sunburns? it's 30 minutes out of your week to help a neighbor. It's not a business issue at all. Have a heart buddy!

Uranus
12-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Have a heart but do it at your leisure until they expect you to be there on time.

Gumby
12-28-2006, 06:26 AM
If you gave them a fair proposal that covers your expenses and allows you to make a profit and they declined the service, I would move on and never think twice about it. People have all sorts of reasons for what they do and I don't worry about it. If you feel like continueing to help the elderly couple out by assisting them a few weeks out of the year, that's great, and I would recommend it, it's good kharma. In the long run though, it's up to their kids to take care of that sort of thing, either by paying someone to do it, or by doing it themselves.

Charles
12-28-2006, 07:12 AM
I had a minimum of 25$ 16 years ago:rolleyes: Thats the problem with lawncare. Newbies come in and set the pricing back 10 to 20 years
Appliance repairman 45 to 60$ service charge
Electrician--75$ minimum
HAVAC repair $80 to 105$ service charge
Just to name a few and they don't haul around 1000s of pounds

bill w
12-28-2006, 08:00 AM
It could be that the mowing service was one of several proposals on the table for the kids to consider and just wasn't the one they chose. The parents may have been hinting hard for i-pods with docking stations on Bose clock radios and tunes gift cards.

jeffex
12-28-2006, 08:15 AM
you did the right thing. I hate doing work for neighbors. It changes the relationship when money changes hands. A $25 min is a good idea ! Like someone said they may have shopped the price . Did you explain your price ie., 30 cuts @ $ or did you just give them a price. The price someone else gave them may not have been for as many cuts but the same price per cut. At least You'll have something to look forward to in the spring to see if a lawn crew shows up next door or they decided mom and dad weren't worth it. I got a call from a pressure washing customer who wanted to give a gift of my services to her son and daughter for Christmas. I had done their decks before and gave her a price for their decks and hers over the phone. I printed up custom gift certificates on the computer and laminated them. I dropped them off to her and the kids were VERY suprised and thankful. I did her deck first in the spring and she gave me a check for all three. My web site jumped in hits after that as the kids bragged to their friends about the cool gift mom gave them and they logged on to see the before and after pictures.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
12-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Did anyone consider that this is still winter time and maybe the kids are just putting this off till it warms up some? I mean even if this is a gift, perhaps the kids are thinking they will address this issue when it is a issue....

By the way, I will cut lawns for 25 bucks all day long. It is all about time to get to that lawn and time to cut it.

And I also don't like to mow neighbors lawns, once I get home I don't want to have to go up the street to mow the smiths lawn...

MSS Mow
12-28-2006, 08:49 AM
got a call from florida 10 days before christmas. I answered, and the man on the phone said, "this is Donald, and I'm calling from Florida, I want to get my parents a Christmas gift." I said, "ok, what can we do for you?" He says, "well my parents are neighbors of yours, Mr. and Mrs Pitnicky. And they are too old to be cutting the grass anymore, and I would like you guys to start doing it for them, so I thought this would make a nice Christmas gift to them. I'm very concerned about their health, they shouldn't be cutting grass anymore. I also want to hire someone that we can trust, we don't want a stranger on their property." (Both parents are in their late 80's, and are in no condition to be out with a mower, let alone out in the heat of the summer with a mower.) I even told Donald that a few times this summer, Matt had to go over and insist that the old man sit down because he was looking real weak, and actually looked like he might tip over. So Matt finished up the lawn for him on a few separate occasions. The lawn is around 2,000 sq ft, more actual time trimming than cutting, but his parents cut it and trim it weekly. I gave Donald a choice of prepaying for the season, or being billed monthly, and offered to print him up a gift certificate that he could send to his parents since he couldn't make it back for the holidays. He said he would talk it over with his brothers and sisters, since all 5 of them were going to split the cost, and he said he would get back with us. He never called back.
I based the price on a 30 cut season, $750 bucks, which i told him we would reimburse a small part if prepaid if we ran into a severe drought situaion. divide by 5 kids, and that's a buck and a half a kid for peace of mind for his parents. he declined that peace of mind. how much did he think we were going to charge for a full season? All he wanted was a basic cut and trim, but did he think we would do it for 200 hundred bucks?

To answer your original question: they're worth everything, period. Now my parents are young enough that they actually help me with my mowing if I get behind because of weather. I also store one of my ZTR's at their house just so Dad can mow his (huge) lawn with it. Took him 4 1/2 hours with his craftsman, now takes 45min with the ZTR.

As for your elderly neighbors, have you considered just mowing the lawn anyway? Even before the kids called to get a quote? You say that you helped out a couple times. Perhaps a little charity work would help you in more ways to count.

I've got a couple elderly clients that don't pay me with anything but a batch of cookies a couple times a year. It feels good to help someone out. I also cut for free (I offered) for a couple when the husband was severly injured. They offered to pay, but that's not what we do in this small town. Once he was back to work (a year later), they kept me on and now pay me regular rates.

DuraCutter
12-29-2006, 12:37 AM
I had a minimum of 25$ 16 years ago:rolleyes: Thats the problem with lawncare. Newbies come in and set the pricing back 10 to 20 years
Appliance repairman 45 to 60$ service charge
Electrician--75$ minimum
HAVAC repair $80 to 105$ service charge
Just to name a few and they don't haul around 1000s of pounds

I hear what you're saying, but it's not only the newbies. It's everyone on this site and around the country willing to work for peanuts and then even come on here and justify it!!! The adults are just as guilty for fighting over the scraps at dirt cheap prices. Everyone or should I say a majority on this site brag about the speed of the machines and all I hear when I talk to property owners of condos is the darn fast machines scare them... so the guys justify lower priced because they can do it in a flash... these are the people speeding themselves to the poor house. Same old salary year in year out. The newbies are just that, new, but the guys who've been here for years and still say a minimum $25 is ok and some even say they'll do it anytimes...come on... pathetic is what it is... in the end, the customer is laughing to the bank, getting another hummer while the average lco is lucky to retire, never mind having 500k in retirement money:dizzy:

jeffex
12-29-2006, 05:35 AM
its a 2000 sq ft lawn

Roger
12-29-2006, 06:46 AM
There are two threads running these days that are closely related, namely the elderly as customers.

The other thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=170055

Perhaps I have a slightly different take on the topic since I am at an age that I more easily identify with these folks. However, the reason we read such widely differing ideas is twofold: a wide variation in customers that are elderly, and how the contractor chooses to do business. There is nothing profound in that statement.

I have had older folks as customers who have been great customers, with good payment times, willingness to increase the charges, clear on what they want done, etc. Then, others have not been so good, but in many cases I can't be harsh with them either.

I take a less firm policy than most have presented here. Again, I suppose it is because of proximity in ages. I traffic with many people in this age group, and I hear their stories, sometimes more than I want to hear. In many cases, their life is hard, with ongoing health issues, family matters, and hardly able to rub two nickels together. Getting their lawn mowed can become a big burden for them.

I have one widow that I found as one of my first six customers nine years ago. I ask for the same money now as I did when I started, and probably do more odd work for her after mowing.

I have a neighbor lady, three doors away, a widow who is really struggling just to get through the week. I think she is close to moving out of her independent housing living. I charge her $35/cut, when I should be getting $45/cut -- comparing work times from job to job. I also do some trimming and other cleanup work that I never charge.

And, each season, I look for a "gratis" customer, an older person, or couple, who need help. This past season, I mowed a major portion of the lawn for a couple in the neighborhood. He is in his 80s, she in 70s. They had been attempting to do the mowing with a LB mower, but it was a huge task for them (about 0.50 acre to be mowed). I have been keeping their mower working for them, without charge the past couple of years. But, it bothered me greatly to see them working with the mower. Last Spring, I made them an offer, "... you mow the little area beside the house, and I will mow the rest, ... don't hold me to a schedule, or a time of day, but I will keep it under control ...without cost." They agreed to my proposal. I think I mowed about 25 times, not 30 as for my regular weekly customers, but the turf didn't need a weekly mowing either. They did their part, and I did mine. I also trimmed down a steep slope that was included in the portion I mowed. The entire job required 0:35-0:40 for the mowing with my w/b and trimming. Sometimes the sun was setting, but I made it clear that I might come at any time of the day (no Sunday). The property is located on a route I travel a couple of times per week, coming and going from my house. When Fall came, I cleared the leaves as well, three visits, 1:30-2:00 each visit. They had a place to dump, so I had no direct costs.

I may choose to work with them next season, or not -- most likely, yes. Other years, I have found somebody else to have as a "gratis" customer. Remember, I choose them and make an offer. I am not about to open myself to anybody coming and asking for free mowing.

Why do I work this way? First, it is my way of giving back to others. I have little opportunity to do something for others, especially those who need help. Having the equipment and ability to do the work makes it a pretty trivial exercise for me. Maybe that speaks unfavorably of me, unwilling to make much of a sacrifice for others. Second, these people need help. I may be only a couple of years away from being in the same position, needing help with mowing my lawn. How could I possibily live with myself if I learned these people had a major health problem, fell over dead, etc from being out there with their mower. It is in my power to help, and save them the work, the aggrivation of getting something done as simple as their lawn mowing needs.

As said, I know many people this age. Often, they are consumed with keeping themselves together with doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, keeping perscriptions filled, etc. Needing to have lawn mowing high on their worry list does not help them.

One other point to be made. Many of these folks have been raked over by contractors, especially mowing contractors. They have been given false promises, had their desires and expectation on what they want done in their lawn discarded, ... ( you fill in the blank from all the posts on this thread, and others that speak about working with the elderly). In other words, it is BECAUSE others have taken advantage of them and been disrespectful, that I am willing to step in to make their life a bit easier. Some of the posts on LS make me wonder if the posters here are not the ones who had been at their house in the recent past -- sorry, but that is reality.

Oh yes, I'm sure a common response to my attitude will be "business is business." "You can take up the slack, but I am not going to give anything away ...." "I am out to make every penny I can earn ...." That is OK. I'm not about to cast aspersions on others who choose to take a different approach. I have no problem with the answer Jodi gave the adult children regarding their parent's property. I would have done likewise.

However, I think somebody said in another post about the lack of NEED to go 110%, have high expectations of every customer, .... Remember, every one of us may be in the same position at a day in the future. For some, that day may not be far away.

PROCUT1
12-29-2006, 01:35 PM
The one thing that I didnt notice anyone else mention....

Do you think that maybe they called another company and got a cheaper price and thats why they didnt call you back?

JimLewis
12-29-2006, 07:05 PM

LOL. Maybe for backwoods Ohio that's a lot. But for most urban areas that's the rock bottom, guy with no-license, no-insurance, no-experience, payin'-no-taxes, working out of his garage in a beat up old pickup with a mower and a handheld blower and a rake kinda prices.

You wouldn't find any legitimate licensed company in this area working for $25 a cut, no matter how small the yard was.

--

Jodi, like you, I am constantly amazed at the cheap skates out there. But I never worry about them for very long. There are plenty of people who don't mind paying for quality work. It doesn't bother me at all when people don't hire us for pricing reasons. People who solely base their decisions on price only are never the kind of customers I want anyway.

DuraCutter
12-30-2006, 12:41 AM
LOL. Maybe for backwoods Ohio that's a lot. But for most urban areas that's the rock bottom, guy with no-license, no-insurance, no-experience, payin'-no-taxes, working out of his garage in a beat up old pickup with a mower and a handheld blower and a rake kinda prices.

You wouldn't find any legitimate licensed company in this area working for $25 a cut, no matter how small the yard was.

--

Jodi, like you, I am constantly amazed at the cheap skates out there. But I never worry about them for very long. There are plenty of people who don't mind paying for quality work. It doesn't bother me at all when people don't hire us for pricing reasons. People who solely base their decisions on price only are never the kind of customers I want anyway.

Amen !!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool2: