PDA

View Full Version : My new truck

Total Landscape Solutions
12-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Snapped some pics at the up-fitter's last week. It's done now and sitting at the dealership until I pick it up in Feb. It's the truck in my sig.

The body shop did one hell of a job. I'm not a welder but I have been around long enough to notice good welds when I see them. They didn't take any shortcuts either. They must have added about 350lbs of steel to the truck just fabricating the hitch plate and receiver. It's totally overkill and I love it! I was sure to shake hands, pay compliments and thank the welders personally.

I ordered the solid side rail on the dump body and added a bump rail. I like the ability to use full 2x4's for the supports on the side boards. Not to mention the ease of strapping things down in the bed or securing tarps using the rail.

I ordered the diamond-plate boxes also. I have wasted enough time grinding and painting boxes of the years, now I'll never have to again.

They fabricated the cab-protector (bulk-head). It's just long enough to fit a couple of wheel-barrows up there (wide enough for 3), if the bed should be full of material. They welded two d-rings so I can strap them down.

Two dual-lamp 55W (220W total) back-up lamps will be installed after I pick it up, along with turbo-boost, pyrometer and tranny temp guages.

Sorry about the quality of pics, I took them quickly with my camera-phone.

Flame on :usflag:

mikes landscaping
12-27-2006, 11:02 AM
NIce truck, real nice truck. Wish i could afford one.:laugh:

Potomac Lawns Inc.
12-27-2006, 05:53 PM
nice truck, have a question though if it is done why are you picking it up in Feb ?

12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Dealer is holding it for me until I need it. I have made a decent deposit and have signed some of the paperwork already. I didn't want to take the truck until the season started. He agreed to hold it for me if the build was completed early, and I don't have to make any payments. I agreed I would pick it up no later than March 1. I think it was a good gesture on his part.

farmboy555
12-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Nice truck. I deliver them out of the Ford Plant here in KY. We call the 450 & 550 Fatboy's because of the wide frt axle on them. Pain in the a-- to load on a car hauler. Thank's for supporting my other job & good luck. dennis

Bill Davis
01-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Love the truck, Did you get the 6sp or auto? I have the auto in one of my 350's and the stick in the other. They are both great trannys. How did the truck come fitted inside?

Scag48
01-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Very nice, I like your style! Definately an original truck with the diamond plate, is it a Rev-Pac? If the truck is an automatic, I highly recommend a tranny cooler (if it doesn't have one already, I'm not familiar with the newer 6.0's) if you have the funds to do so. During the summer if I was doing any amount of towing and the temperature outside was above 90 degrees, as soon as I put the truck in park, the fluid, which gets super hot, would come out an overflow tube as it basically boils over when you put the truck in park and take the fluid out of circulation. It's good to know that Ford designed the tranny with this heat overflow to save the tranny from exploding, but it's a PITA. Otherwise, awesome truck.

GreenN'Clean
01-02-2007, 08:39 AM
That is a nice truck. I want to get a new one but with an extended cab

01-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Bill,
It has the auto tranny, and the XL package with a few up-grades; air, cab lights, and some other minor stuff I can't think of.

Scag,
What is a Rev-Pac? Is it a name brand? I don't know what brand they are, I just saw them at the up-fitter and remembered all the painting and grinding on previous tool boxes and decided the extra $800 was well worth it. They are super stout. I grabbed a hold of them after they were mounted on the truck, gave 'em a good shake, and the whole truck started to sway.
I'm almost positive a tranny-cooler is on the truck. It has the High-Capacity Trailer Tow Package and the up-graded frame with 19000 gvw. Also added the Extra-Heavy Service Suspension Package. I'd be surprised if a truck that size didn't come with one standard. I'll be sure to check though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Thank you all for the compliments, it makes spending a ton of cash a little easier.