View Full Version : * sigh *

12-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I am trying to get my (state deleted) Irrigation license and in my county they require verification of having done the work for at least one year under someone with a license. Now the difficulty comes in in that the two people I have worked for don't qualify. #1 worked for a guy part time in NY. Kind of a fly by night guy and I can't find him or his company and he refused to pay me on the books. So dead end there.

#2 The guy I worked for here when I was learning the what not to do's of lawn maintenance, did irrigation but was not licensed nor is he now.

So what I am asking is, could you sign a document that says I worked for you?

I still have to sit for the test, pay all the fees and all that kind of stuff. However, I can't do any of that without "proof" that I have done this kind of work before.If you are going to pursue a trade that requires a license, you work for licensed employers. And you never work off the books. And that's never, as in never-uckingfay-ever.

Az Gardener
12-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Skipping around all the practical aspects of why this is so irritating. You know the field knowledge and all that.

The thing screaming out to me is the complete lack of integrity. He seems to think that this is perfectly OK to try and circumvent the rules, and is oblivious to the fact that he is asking you to also share in his lack of integrity. Unbelievable