PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Sst18 Zero

Johnny test
12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I understand that this is not commercial grade but I need something a little lighter duty for small accounts. Has any body ever used one?
http://i1.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/01/fe/8d_1.JPG

QualityLawnCare4u
12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
You do not, I repeat, do not want any sst! They had a bunch of problems. I discussed one with my dealer a few years back and I foget what he told me was bad about them but they had quite a few problems. I see quite a few of these on ebay also. You would be better off with any commercial used walkbehind or ztr than these. John deere does make good mowers, I have a 737 now and had a 717 and 133 that were great but the model you are looking at is one of their bombs. Another one they had problems with was the freedom deck, deck belt had to be timed and would jump off real easy.

davidcalhoun
12-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Do you have any slopes to deal with? This mower does not do as well on slopes as other ZTRs.

Better yet, guess why they put front fenders on it?

Johnny test
12-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I have a f-687 ztrak havent had any probs with it yet. I hear ya on the SST.

Do you have any slopes to deal with? This mower does not do as well on slopes as other ZTRs.

Probly cuz it has to swing that big front end around. Doing that on a slop would cause probs.

A.D Services
12-27-2006, 10:04 PM
i heard their steering is very touchy. my small engine mechanic friend said that they are very undependable machines