PDA

View Full Version : Do your clients ever accuse you?

Wells
12-28-2006, 08:25 PM
It always amazes me when a client calls up and out of no where starts accusing us of some sort of property damage. I will always meet with the client on site to see the damage for myself and I must say, people will accuse you of anything and everything.

Example 1: Had a guy call up and accuse me of putting deep groves in his concrete sidewalk, he claimed it must have been done by our ZTR. So I take my machine over to his house and show him that there is no way that our mowers could do the damage he was claiming. It looked to me like a backhoe bucket had scratched the sidewalk and it looked to have been there for several years.

Example 2: Had a lady accuse me of spilling gasoline on her yard, said she had a big dead spot and it must be gas spillage. This one really made me think since I don't ever fuel up outside of the trailer. The lady showed me the spot and it looked like someone placed and round object on the lawn depriving it of sunlight for several days and turning the lawn a light yellow color. I explained to her that it was not gas spillage but rather a lack of sunlight, then out of the corner of my eye I spotted a round trash can lid in the sandbox that perfectly fix the discolored patch of grass.

Example 3: Had a guy call me complaining that my mower was leaking gas from the tank onto the wheels of the mower and was killing the grass everywhere I drove. After looking at his grass it was determined that his sprinkling system wasn't working as the grass was drying out and the tracks he was seeing was do to the weight of the machine running over the dryed out grass not leaking gasoline.

So i'm sure it isn't just me that gets these b.s. accusations each season so lets hear what you've been accused of.

Uranus
12-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I had jury duty last year and sat net to an owner of an overhead door company. He installed around 15 or 16 new doors at a factory. Half way through the winter he gets a call saying that all the doors paint is coming off for the first 2-3 feet up from the ground. Guy goes over on a nasty icey morning and meets with the plant manager. He can't figure out for the life of him why the doors are losing paint and rusting. They go inside to talk and as soon as they close the door behind them he hears bird shot on the doors and its getting closer. The company salting the loading docks was driving down the building pelting the door and chiping off the paint. He looks at the plant manager and told him to call the Plow guys insurance and writes him an estimate to replace bottom sections of doors.

prizeprop
12-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Had a customer accuse us of leaving tire tracks on their recently sealed driveway.I went over and looked at it and there was a couple spots that you could see distinct tracks. Took pictures of my tire tread on all mower and showed it to them and didnt match damage. Then we looked at his car tires and it was a match.What a red faced fellow(Jack arse).

lifetree
12-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Can't say I've had any experiences like these ... however, I have had some nasty encounters over other things.

LawnTamer
12-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Ya, seems like I get at least 1 a year. Luckily I can usually figure out the real cause quickly. It really drives me nuts though.
My first year in business, (I was just doing fert and squirt) I got a call about 4 days after I had done my first fertilizations. This couple was livid, they thought I'd killed a big patch of their lawn. So I go straight there and find a big dead spot on the front lawn. I'm baffled and mortified. The guy is breathing down my neck while I try to figure it out. I dig into the lawn and notice that it smells like radiator anti-freeze. So I ask him about it, and he says,
"Well I did drain the radiator on the motor-home here, ya think that might have something to do with it?"
He told me that if I didn't tell his wife that he'd done it, he'd keep us on for as long as we were in business, that was 1995 and they are still clients.:laugh: :laugh:

chuck bow
12-28-2006, 10:19 PM
I just love reading posts and threads like these sometimes these are the best threads on here and shows how some people have no common sense what so ever i have had plenty in my day and way to many to list but iam like the rest i Do prove the people wrong and cover my butt 99.9% of the time . I understand people such as us do make mistakes but we are pros my god

clallen03
12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
This year I was accused of breaking the siding on the home of one of my clients. The siding is about 1.5 to 2 feet off the ground and I know I never lift the trimmer up that high. To make a long story short, I lost this client and $100 that they owed me.
I think it was broken before I started on the job, but I failed to inspect the property.
You live and you learn!

lawnpro724
12-29-2006, 11:42 PM
This year I was accused of breaking the siding on the home of one of my clients. The siding is about 1.5 to 2 feet off the ground and I know I never lift the trimmer up that high. To make a long story short, I lost this client and $100 that they owed me.
I think it was broken before I started on the job, but I failed to inspect the property.
You live and you learn!

Always check the property with owner and make sure that you point out everything you see that is wrong even if he or she doesn't notice it. Bring it to there attention and write it down in case you need it later. It seems everyone is sue happy these days so cover your a_ _.

JimLewis
12-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Example 2: Had a lady accuse me of spilling gasoline on her yard,.....I explained to her that it was not gas spillage but rather a lack of sunlight, then out of the corner of my eye I spotted a round trash can lid in the sandbox that perfectly fix the discolored patch of grass.

I hope in that case you went over and picked up the trash can lid and placed it right over the hole. Please tell me you did that. And then tell me she apologized profusely for having totally wasted your time.

desert rose gardening
12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
On customer said I stole there 2 gallon pump sprayer I did not. I get accused of breaking sprinkler heads sometimes.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 01:02 AM
On customer said I stole there 2 gallon pump sprayer I did not. I get accused of breaking sprinkler heads sometimes.

Some times we break sprinkler haeads and dont know it. But sometimes you have to run aroung the lawn picking up plastic and springs to hide the evidence. LOL honesty is best.

ECS
12-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Never had a bad encounter about anything with any of my customers.

DuraCutter
12-30-2006, 01:29 AM

Me too.

Except the child I fathered accidentally on one condo site, the mercedes benz I set on fire last year with ricochet rocks...etc...

sorry just had to do this....

honest, never done nothin wrong sir :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wells
12-30-2006, 01:41 PM

It will happen eventually, it's just a matter of time. Took several years before I got my first off-the-wall accusal.

Wells
12-30-2006, 01:46 PM
I hope in that case you went over and picked up the trash can lid and placed it right over the hole. Please tell me you did that. And then tell me she apologized profusely for having totally wasted your time.

I did place the lid over the dried out spot just to show her the perfect fit. She went red in the face from embarrassment but never did offer an apology just shruged her sholders and said "My kids must have done that".

Jason Rose
12-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Got accused of STEALING a fricking birdfeeder one time.

Also get accused of "spinning my mower on the sprinkler heads and breaking them off". Moron, for one, I try my best to not even let a wheel hit a sprinkler while mowing straight, and where I turn around the perimeter of the lawn there is NO sprinklers. Biggest problem is that most are installed 2 to 3 inches too HIGH and don't have any backfill around the head, plus the risers are crap. I do everything I can to avoid hitting them, but s*** happens sometimes! If I was just calmly notified that I may have broken a couple off and been asked to repair them I'd do it for free and RIGHT. But he'd rather do it himself wrong again and then bi*** at me! I was MAD to say the least. Ironically this same scenerio has happened with more than one customer and could have been taken care of by me so easily, but noooo.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I was mowing around a large white pine when a $80 bird feeder jumped out from behind the tree and attcked my face. My head was down and I was wearing my baseball cap. Owner never said anything to be. That thing was toast after it hit the ground. I leanded it up aginst the tree and next week there was a new one.

Beau Rivage
12-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Only one year, but so far so good...never accused. (but I'll be watching for sprinkler heads a little more closely):eek:

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
i've mowed over a bunch of dog toys and kids toys but never been accused for any large damages. Being honest really pays off because because i have bumped into a flower pot or ripped a tarp and told the customer asap and they usually say thanks for being honest and not to worry about. I like having my clients gain confidents in me and not second guessing everything.

These stories are funny onces the problem is solved.

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 07:53 PM
When I was new at this I had a customer that had toys all over the lawn every time it needed to be cut. I told the customer that the toys have to be up by Monday, well they never were and the father kept telling the kid to pick them up which he would not do. So I got tired of doing it myself so I ran them over, bye bye walkie talkies, cars, balls and all other toys. So I told the father I ran over some toys in the lawn and he said well he should have picked them up, and I never had a problem again. It looked like a toy war!

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
When I was new at this I had a customer that had toys all over the lawn every time it needed to be cut. I told the customer that the toys have to be up by Monday, well they never were and the father kept telling the kid to pick them up which he would not do. So I got tired of doing it myself so I ran them over, bye bye walkie talkies, cars, balls and all other toys. So I told the father I ran over some toys in the lawn and he said well he should have picked them up, and I never had a problem again. It looked like a toy war!

I like seeing barbie dolls, toy cars, plastic animals, and kiddy doodads be shot out of my discharge in a million pieces.

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Before anyone says that was not safe I know and I was using a residential riding mower back then.

JimLewis
12-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I did place the lid over the dried out spot just to show her the perfect fit. She went red in the face from embarrassment but never did offer an apology just shruged her sholders and said "My kids must have done that".

See that's the part that really amazes me. I could forgive the misunderstanding. But then when it's obvious that she had totally wasted my time, I'd expect a big time apology. A shrug of the shoulders would just piss me off.

DuallyVette
12-31-2006, 02:25 AM
A customer of mine ask me if we had been using any new, bigger equipment on her lawn. I told her no, why do you ask? She pointed out a deep rut and broken irrigation head. I pointed out that it made a path right to whbere someone used a stump grinder in her shrub bed.....I wonder why they couldn't figure this out themselves. They must be smarter than me.. they own a big business and part of a NASCAR team.

KS_Grasscutter
12-31-2006, 03:07 AM
I was mowing around a large white pine when a $80 bird feeder jumped out from behind the tree and attcked my face. My head was down and I was wearing my baseball cap. Owner never said anything to be. That thing was toast after it hit the ground. I leanded it up aginst the tree and next week there was a new one.

If there is a birdfeeder on a property, I WILL hit my head on it, EVERY time I mow at the property... I swear my head must be a magnet for bird feeders. Think I may invest in a nice hard hat for next season:laugh:

i've mowed over a bunch of dog toys and kids toys but never been accused for any large damages. Being honest really pays off because because i have bumped into a flower pot or ripped a tarp and told the customer asap and they usually say thanks for being honest and not to worry about. I like having my clients gain confidents in me and not second guessing everything.

These stories are funny onces the problem is solved.

Did a one-time leaf cleanup at a house. WAY underbid it, so I was frustrated to begin with. Friend helping me was being a PITA and moving too slow, as usual though I guess. So I was not in the greatest mood. Anyway, as I was blowing off the patio and the beds, and around the swing set, quite a few toys ended up in the lawn. They got mowed up.

That brings up another point- f***ing swingsets! As I was mowing around the one there, I manged to knock off AND MOW UP one of 2 lights I had just put on my Dixon the day before.

I guess one time I bumped into a wood fence and split a board in two. Customer cut a new one to size (it was a shorter board on the end) and I put it up the next time I mowed.

Another time I busted a chunk of a board off going through a gate. Just picked that up and tossed it behind a bush, no one has said anything about it yet, so I guess they didn't notice.

LawnTamer
12-31-2006, 03:30 AM
That brings up another point- swingsets! As I was mowing around the one there, I manged to knock off AND MOW UP one of 2 lights I had just put on my Dixon the day before.

I bet I'm not the only one who has been mowing or aerating under a swing and had it catch a front caster on the WB or the carb on the aerator, next thing you know either the front end of the mower is in the air or you are pulling over the swing set.

I was accused once of starting a fire. A customer had stained their deck and put all the rags into one of the big garbage cans- some one had come by and dropped a cigarette into the can, caught the side of their garage on fire. This happened the same day I'd sprayed their trees. Boy was I glad I don't smoke when the arson investigator called.

RedWolf
12-31-2006, 04:07 AM
I was doing a fill job for one of my customers.One part of her yard was way lower then the other and asked me if i could fix it and i said yes.Well i drop three loads of fill and was going to go back on a monday.Well it rained over that weekend and her septic tank overflowed into the yard. Well she accused me of dumping septic sluge in her yard and i told her that her tank needed to pump.( I used to pump out septic tanks before i started doing lawn work) Well boy she was red when the guy that came to pump it told her it needed to be pumped out. He told me it had`nt been pumped out for atleast 4 years. The dam sluge was about up to the tank lid. That guy saved my ass.

KS_Grasscutter
12-31-2006, 04:08 AM
I was accused once of starting a fire. A customer had stained their deck and put all the rags into one of the big garbage cans- some one had come by and dropped a cigarette into the can, caught the side of their garage on fire. This happened the same day I'd sprayed their trees. Boy was I glad I don't smoke when the arson investigator called.

Wow, that could be an awkward situation.

MOW ED
12-31-2006, 08:51 AM
I had a guy show me his siding and say that I must have had oil from my string trimmer spatter his siding. First off I showed him that when trimming my string trimmer exhaust did not face his garage and secondly I showed him that it was actually mold that was forming. He wasn't a bright bulb.:hammerhead:

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 09:52 AM
That brings up another point- swingsets! As I was mowing around the one there, I manged to knock off AND MOW UP one of 2 lights I had just put on my Dixon the day before.

I guess one time I bumped into a wood fence and split a board in two. Customer cut a new one to size (it was a shorter board on the end) and I put it up the next time I mowed.

Another time I busted a chunk of a board off going through a gate. Just picked that up and tossed it behind a bush, no one has said anything about it yet, so I guess they didn't notice.

Swingsets are always in the way especialy the swings so i just throw them over the top. Whats annoying is when you mowing underneath and the swing catchs the blade pto leven and shuts off the blades or you trim to closely to those rope ladders and the line gets tangled around it.

Watchout for dog chains... never have hit one but would want to either.

Ya i've banged up gates and fences a bit trying to get thru.

Uranus
12-31-2006, 11:03 AM
I got one better than dog cains. I watched a foremer coworker suck up an 12x16 blue tarp into the blades of a 60" dixie. Took over half and hour to cut it out of the deck. Dam roofers!

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I got one better than dog cains. I watched a foremer coworker suck up an 12x16 blue tarp into the blades of a 60" dixie. Took over half and hour to cut it out of the deck. Dam roofers!

Its rare thing to find a roofer that did a good job cleaning up. How about trimming hedges and finding them full of shingle and trash. Tarps are the worse because then the blue string is all over the lawn.

Ric3077
12-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Only thing I have been acussed of is leaving the gate open, which I didn't I shut it, but anyway they said just be careful next time...no biggie

LB1234
12-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Something to chew on....

I have an area of our contract that states they must report any alleged damage within 48hrs.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Only thing I have been acussed of is leaving the gate open, which I didn't I shut it, but anyway they said just be careful next time...no biggie

Oh ya i've been accused of that or moving something and not remembering to put it back.

Stillwater
01-07-2007, 08:22 AM
It always amazes me when a client calls up and out of no where starts accusing us of some sort of property damage. I will always meet with the client on site to see the damage for myself and I must say, people will accuse you of anything and everything.

Example 1: Had a guy call up and accuse me of putting deep groves in his concrete sidewalk, he claimed it must have been done by our ZTR. So I take my machine over to his house and show him that there is no way that our mowers could do the damage he was claiming. It looked to me like a backhoe bucket had scratched the sidewalk and it looked to have been there for several years.

Example 2: Had a lady accuse me of spilling gasoline on her yard, said she had a big dead spot and it must be gas spillage. This one really made me think since I don't ever fuel up outside of the trailer. The lady showed me the spot and it looked like someone placed and round object on the lawn depriving it of sunlight for several days and turning the lawn a light yellow color. I explained to her that it was not gas spillage but rather a lack of sunlight, then out of the corner of my eye I spotted a round trash can lid in the sandbox that perfectly fix the discolored patch of grass.

Example 3: Had a guy call me complaining that my mower was leaking gas from the tank onto the wheels of the mower and was killing the grass everywhere I drove. After looking at his grass it was determined that his sprinkling system wasn't working as the grass was drying out and the tracks he was seeing was do to the weight of the machine running over the dryed out grass not leaking gasoline.

So i'm sure it isn't just me that gets these b.s. accusations each season so lets hear what you've been accused of.

I have been accused of doing a great job!
Broken pot, a bench. scuffed a huge black mark from a ztr tire in a prominate location on a street that the cheapest house was about 3million and the customer said dont worry about it the painter will catch it sometime

Sir mowsalot
01-07-2007, 09:06 AM

Yea i was asking myself that same question.

Sir mowsalot
01-07-2007, 09:11 AM

LOL, i did the same thing. Every gosh darn week they would have tennis balls, little plastic rakes, and barbies in the yard. I told them umpteen times, so finally i got sick of it, and i took em out, shredded everything. The next week the yard was cleaned up.

LwnmwrMan22
01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
When I was still doing townhome associations, I once had a guy accuse me of denting the siding.

I went with the guy and looked at it, and showed him how I had used a walkbehind mower (stripes still in the yard) the previous weeks.

I then showed him, with the way the stripes were laid (going away from the spot) that I would have had to hit it with my knee.

He said "well, that's what you must have done".

I told him I would have had to back the mower into the house, pinning my knee / body between the mower and the house, since the dent was in the middle of the stripe, with the stripe going away from the building.

He then said "I don't know or care how you mow the grass, I just know you dented my siding".

I offered umpteen times to get the mower off of the trailer, to mow that section of grass again so he could watch and see it wouldn't be possible for 1) me to hit the siding the way he thinks I did, or 2) for me to walk if I DID hit the siding the way he said I had to have.

When I finally figured out that I wasn't going to get anywhere with him, I told him fine, I'll fix it, just get ahold of the head of the HOA and get some prices from some guys and I'll turn it into the insurance.

I talked with the head of the HOA the following week when I was mowing, and he said that he'd gone down to look at it, got down on his knees and pushed the dent out, that was it, problem solved.

Mean Green Lawns
01-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I had a guy tell me I killed his grass on this slope off the side of the driveway because it was all turning yellow; almost 1000 sq ft and my tire tracks left burnt lines around the property and part of the neighbors. I figured out that he had dumped 5 gallons of veg killer un deluted down his driveway on accident and I drove through it like 5 times thinking it was water from the hose he had out. He wouldnt fess up to the spill for like three days. Finally after arguing with himmm his wife told me he spilt the chems but they don't think it would have killed the grass or got on my tires... They were like 80yrs old and gave me a lot of work between them and their two neighbors who I cut as well. It ended up in a huge battle of the neighbors after 10 years of being friends because I told them flat out I couldnt take responsability for that when he never told me about the spill...

LawnTamer
01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
I've got to be the only one that has had this happen.

I had a semi-elderly client who called once after getting the monthly mowing bill. "Yes, I want to know why I'm being billed for 4 mowings when you only came three times."
So, I know we were there all freaking 4 Thursdays that month, so I tell her as much(politely). "Oh no, I'm here all day on Thursdays and I never saw you here 2 weeks ago." I pull her card whereon we keep a record of every service done, I give her the start and finish time of the service in question. Then she accuses me of making it up!
Well, she paid but canceled service. When she called a month later and wanted to resume service I told her that she shouldn't use us if she thought we weren't an honest company and said GOOD-BYE.
How in the heck could you not hear us, 2 15hp Kohlers spinning double blades, trimming, blowing. Come-on! I bet she wasn't even home.

lordmaximus240
01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
newspapers... oh my god, how can something so small make a lawn look like a ski-slope? and why does the home owner always have to be watching when my exmark magically grabs it from 3 feet away? Try and deny this to a client. Its the same scenario homeowner is on the ground laughing so hard hes crying i am standing there with my head hanging and dont have my bagger with me. If theres a newspaper on the property i wont even unload til i pick it up. That crap sucks

mike lane lawn care
01-07-2007, 09:18 PM
roofers, my god, i was mowing at a job, and i got two flat tires in one mowing session.

I was once accused of not properly triming the weeds in the back of the woods, First of all, i was hired to mow the lawn and trim around borders and edges, not clear out half an acred of woods wvery week with a trimmer. he was a nice guy, just wanted everything for nothing. oh and this was his 3rd house, to which he drove two toyota prius's

tallimeca
01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Being a dealer my problems are different, from you guys, but thus, the same.

I can tell you I have NEVER had a commercial cutter accuse me of breaking anything on their equipment in all my years.

But homeowners...........

We make the customers remove the grass bags when they drop them off , because we don't want to be responsible for them, and.......they are usually full of grass. We have this posted in the shop.

I've had to go to court and replaced people's bags a few times. Judge ruled in favor every time. Took pictures of the policy, of all the machines without bags........didn't matter.

We get accused of smashing up and scratching people's rider mowers when we pick them up at least 6 times a year. They drive into anything and everything, then they get it back and say..........that wasn't there before. I go to the house and the front of the tractor is all cracked up with white latex paint marks on it. Funny, they're house and shed are painted white. The racks on the truck are metal.......... I started having my drivers walk the machines and note any damage as recieved on the slips when we pick them up.

The best one was last year. I was coming from the shop and heard someone screaming up in the show room. A guy was up there screaming at my poor mother at the counter, so naturally, the blood pressure screamed.

I went up there and told him to back off and asked him what his problem was. He said we picked up his snowblower and the driver must have dragged it down his new paver driveway because there are little scratches all over it and he just spent thousands on it.

So after he would stop screaming, I screamed back and told him talk in a normal tone and we can resolve the issue, or, I was going to have him removed by the police. So, I radio'd the driver to bring the machine to the shop immediately. At this point, I was not going to service this customer's equipment because of they way he acted anyway. I went to the customer's house to assess the damage.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!! There are these little marks on the pavers just outside the garage where he had to turn the machine to go down the driveway. Normal marks on pavers that disappear like normal. I called the contractor who installed them over, who happens to be a customer.

He looked at it and told the customer that these are normal marks you would see on the pavers and they will go away. That is the reason he recommended putting a sealer on the pavers but the customer didn't want to pay for it!!!!!

So I call for a patrolman to escort my driver to the house. We get there and go to unload the machine and he has FREAKIN TIRE CHAINS on the snowblower!!!! I looked at the customer and was like are you alright?? You have tire chains on the snowblower and you didn't expect them to make marks? Did you want my driver to carry it on his back down the driveway?

I then took the machine and pivoted it back and forth in the street to demostrate what happens with chains and left it at the end of the driveway and told him to figure out a way to get it back to his garage because I refused to touch it.

The customer was then all appologies after he was a complete Jack ass. I told him not to bother and I would never do buisness with him again after the way he came into a buisness screaming like a maniac at a women none the less. He kept trying to talk to me and the cop told him to get away from me and let me leave.

It was priceless really. The best part is he had to go to one of our competitors for service where he had to spend probably 100 bucks more between pickup and the fact they charge more then us. :clapping:

2menandamower
01-09-2007, 02:07 PM

I had this same situation one time and Idid just what you did and just ran over anything in my path but I did not see the baseball bat and baton that was laying there together and hit them and I will say that I about let loose of the bowels because I thought I had hit a small animal at first. no mower damage but I did have to trash one of my blades because it had a huge dent in it.......... Sometimes revenge is sweet but there is also a price to pay for that revenge....

mbricker
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Had a customer who owned a bunch of collector cars--"60's StingRay, Jag XKE, another older Jag, '57 T-bird, and a couple others. The guy seemed to like getting one or the other out and letting it have some sun on the days I was there to mow. The StingRay in particular. Worst part was his lawn was cr@p with ton of small rocks and enough slope to have erosion every time it rained. One day I said something to his wife about how it would be much better if the cars were all in the garage when I came to mow. She accidentally let it out that her hubbie had said something about maybe I would be buying him a new convertible top for the Vette.

I did not mow again until I got their autographs on a waiver my atty drew up to hold me blameless for any damage to any of their property for stuff thrown by mower.

With the property they owned and all the cars, the guy had to be worth 10-15 times what I'm worth. Can you believe the nerve?

NMS0219
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I had a guy this past season accuse me of damage to his wooden fence. He said that we must have been "careless" with the string trimmer. The problem is that his fence is rotted and we don't nor ever mowed his lawn. We mow the lawn across the street nowhere near his house. I guess someone was just looking for a free fence replacement.

Inman's lawn care
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=LawnTamer;1665603]I've got to be the only one that has had this happen.

I had a semi-elderly client who called once after getting the monthly mowing bill. "Yes, I want to know why I'm being billed for 4 mowings when you only came three times."
QUOTE]

Oh Yes I have been accused of over billing and dumping gas in the lawn.

The over billing was a semi-elderly client as well, But i always leave a note saying I mowed on this date.
I heard here husband in the back ground say dam*t martha the note is right here get off the d*m phone. She goes never mind and hung up.

The gas spots was from a young kid 22. He just got married (sucker) Then said i dumped gas in his front yard when fueling my mower. Now i always fill up on my trailer just for that reason. So I started looking at it and it was the begining of Fairy rings. So i pulled my turf disease book from the truck showed him. He was like OH, Sorry Dude can you fix it? Boy Did i fix him.$$$ LOL Arses:laugh: