PDA

View Full Version : new cub cadets

coryc_23
12-29-2006, 12:30 AM
What does everyone thank of the new cubcommerical line . go check it out and tell me what you thank about the new tanks . I have seen in person there are some major changes to this machine. The frame and wheel base of the 06 are the same that is used on the 07 units, but for the most part everything else has been redesigned. cubcommerical.com:usflag:

Mean Green Lawns
12-29-2006, 03:46 AM
I bought a new Cub Cadet this year (06) and the biggest consern I have still is the deck lift syetem.. The deck doesn't adjust with a chain and lever, it has the lever but it is attached to only two 4" or so cables bolted to arms that do not adjust evenly for some reason. The front of the deck is supported by hooks that grab onto a steel bar shaped like a long "U" which is bolted to the front axel. One of the cables broke on me early this year before any place even had service parts for the machine in stock yet so luckily the store gave me one from a display they had out. (great customer service) I like the Machiine over all and for the money it's great. I looked at a new exmark and WOW what a difference in price. The cub cuts well, handles okay, and runs great for @ 3 hours on 1 1/2 gals of gas, but needs help with the deck design for sure.

GreenN'Clean
12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I love the Cub Cadet line!! The 60" Tank is very well built machine as well as there walk behind commercial line products. I have a 52" wb 17 hp kaw that has held up for 3 years without any let downs

Lawntime Mowers
12-29-2006, 12:02 PM
They are also coming out with a NEW line of Hydro walk-behinds. I'll be first in line to check em out and test drive one. The dealer already ordered me one but wasn't sure of delivery time. If they suck, I've got an Exmark with my name on it as a back-up plan.

tank
12-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey meen grean lawns you cant compare a homeowner z to a tank. the lift and hangers are much different.

lawnpro724
12-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I hear people all the time say there good one year and then the next year come back to complain about them. I would stay away from them until they figure out how to make commercial mowers that don't break down all the time and that goes for lesco as well there both the same. You can buy a Toro, Scag, Exmark and run them up against cub cadet doing the same thing day in day out and the cub will be in the shop several times before the others even need to be serviced.

dcondon
12-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I was just looking at the new ones in PRO mag. They look good to me!!!:cool2:

Envy Lawn Service
12-30-2006, 12:30 AM
What am I missing here?
What they have online now is the same thing as before.

Fantastic mowers though, both Cub and Lesco.
Anyone who says different hasn't owned one.

wriken
12-30-2006, 03:30 AM
the 07's are great looking, saw one at the dealer the other day

Envy Lawn Service
12-30-2006, 10:42 PM
the 07's are great looking, saw one at the dealer the other day

So they look different from our machines?

I'm confused.....

bkdlawnCo
12-30-2006, 10:55 PM
your mowers will last you as long as you maintain them. Changing the oil, cleaning, greasing, tune-ups, etc. a cub cadet will last you as long as an exmark or any other mower...If you take care of your equipment it'll take care of you.

Lawnsmithcare
12-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Well we just sold out of snow blower and my boss had ordered the new tanks for the show room and he have me a call and tole me that there in so I can't wait to look at them when I get back to MI.

Envy Lawn Service
01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
:eek: Hello? :eek:

(we need a little cricket animation on here)

Lawnsmithcare
01-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Well we just sold out of snow blower and my boss had ordered the new tanks for the show room and he have me a call and tole me that there in so I can't wait to look at them when I get back to MI.

Wow after reading that myself I am saying holly crap. Sorry for the spelling I don't know what was wrong with me.

jkingrph
01-02-2007, 07:42 PM
your mowers will last you as long as you maintain them. Changing the oil, cleaning, greasing, tune-ups, etc. a cub cadet will last you as long as an exmark or any other mower...If you take care of your equipment it'll take care of you.

Generally speaking I will agree, but now always. In 1980 I bought a Craftsman lawn tractor, ran it 10 years on about 1 3/4 acres. Replaced blade spindles, bearings and housings a few times, cheap. 11 hp Brigs engine, no trouble at all there just changed oil frequently. Got what I thought was a top of the line Cub Cadet lawn tractor, hydrostic, electric clutch. Nothing but trouble, with clutch, transmission, starter. Babied that thing and was nothing but one problem after another.
Got rid of it when transmission froze solid the second time and got JD lx277 in 2000 and have had no problems whatsoever, even using origional battery.

Sometimes I think it's just the luck of the draw. You can get a bad machine and no amount of care/maintance will help.

Jeff

mike plummer
01-03-2007, 12:26 AM
my cub m54 is 6 years old no problems besides belts pullys everyday use stuff

F&SLawnCo
01-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Lawnpro724. I would have to disagree. I currently own 1 Exmark turf tracer, 1 Scag tiger, and 1 Cub Cadet m60 tank. All of these machines are almost exact in hours used and the maintenance on the exmark has been the highest of the 3. The scag is slightly lower ($12) than the Cub cadet. I also have a 5 year old Lesco 52" walkbehind that my crews absolutely punish daily and I have had nothing done to it with the exception of regular daily maintenance ( sharpen blades, oil, etc.) and I did replace the left side drive belt this year. My opinion is that all of the major Brands have their strengths and weaknesses but I have found that a good routine maintenance plan is needed for all commercial equipment that is used regularly.

Willofalltrades
01-03-2007, 11:52 AM
:eek: Hello? :eek:

(we need a little cricket animation on here)

Cubs got a redesign for 2007. I saw them down at GIE, plus I have a little flyer. When I get home I will look at the differences.

Willofalltrades
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
3 year warranty to start and 12mph speed. Really, get the specs for the 2006 and compare them to the 2007.

Lawnsmithcare
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Cubs got a redesign for 2007. I saw them down at GIE, plus I have a little flyer. When I get home I will look at the differences.

See if you can scan the flyer and post it in here.

Willofalltrades
01-03-2007, 02:07 PM
No scanner, I guess a digital photo of it will have to do. I'll have it up in a little bit.

tank
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey wriken! How did you see a 2007 unit at a dealer when they arent available yet?

wriken
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey wriken! How did you see a 2007 unit at a dealer when they arent available yet?
with my eyes he had it in his show room floor.
The handles and the consoles are very different then the 06's, also they come with a rear hitch to pull stuff, and a redesigned rear bumper. probably alot more things, but I saw it probably 3 weeks ago. he had a 60, 54 and I believe a 48. Only the 60 was on the floor. He is one of the top dealers in the nation, maybe he has some pull. He has awards plastered on his walls attesting to that. Awhile back he was one of 10 dealers that got to go to the factory, and see stuff first hand, and even stuff that will be coming out in a couple years. He told me about one machine that will be out in about 3 years, but he even said he does'nt see a big demand for it, top secret, so I can't say anything about it.:)
oh ya forgot to add, they come standard witha cup holder and suspension seat. Also the deck lift is totaly different setup, also something about the emergency brake and the steering handles, work together or something like that, don't quote me on the last one though.

tank
01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Well Im sorry, you hit it on the nose . sure did make some nice improvements on the machine didnt they. Sure wish I could get some,maybe mid Jan.

Envy Lawn Service
01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, I'm eager to see the new look.

I guess Willofalltrades is trying to build suspense by making me wait....
It's been 8 hours an 33 minutes.... and counting... LOL

Willofalltrades
01-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Sorry Envy, dial-up internet connection lol. The pamphlet I have is the specs only (as you can see) I think there the the same as on the web site. But the one is a good shot of the updated operator platform with the controls in a more convienient location.

Envy Lawn Service
01-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Thanks Will....

Whew... I was worried there for a bit.
I was afraid there was somethiing coming I'd have to have.

Not being negative or anything... but I don't see anything 'new' that I want.
I still have a personal preference for the 2005 model year.
Nothing negative... just personal.

I do however like what they have done with the foot lift pedal.
I also like how they opened up the platform with the new height selector and deleted park brake.
Easier to get on/off the machine.
Can't say as I care for it past the opening up though.

Setting the height will suck with that setup.
And I see they still insist on that stupid pin type.

Should of just copied Hustler, Grasshopper or someone else....

If they integrated the park brake in with the controls like Hustler, that will be nice though.
The towing hookup and ROPS would be nice too.

The suspension seat should be STANDARD ON EVERYTHING.
Cub ought to adopt a lighter color, like at least Cub yellow though.

I'm not "feeling" the new yellow parts at all....

So the revised foot lift petal, addition of ROPS and the suspension riser....
That's all the improvement I see.

The one thing I think needs improving has been ignored.

The good thing is that I still have yet to complete my feedback through Lesco.
Bring me to Ohio for product R&D and the 2008 would be untouchable....

(I really would like to get into equipment development someday)

wriken
01-04-2007, 08:38 AM
another thing they had on the model I saw was the deck washout things to hook I guess a hose to, be able to wash all the clippings out of the deck. I've never had a problem of any real big buildup though.
Overall sitting on the machine, seems entirely different the the 06 or earlier cubs. If I remember right, there still is foot assist on the lift. The handlebars swivel out at a different point, like halfway, instead of the whole bar swinging out, I think anyways. I have a hard time remembering all the differences, was looking at sleds and hoping for snow, was 99% on my mind at the time.

wriken
01-04-2007, 08:44 AM

My dealer was at the factory, I believe 2 years ago, and brought that to the big wigs attention, referring to have some operators come to speak there improvements, (meaning I could be one) In which I said I would. But anyways that has never happened, so far, but he said also, maybe he could push for me to be the LCO in the pamphlet some time. That would be cool, at least some of you cub/lesco lovers would see me.:)

Willofalltrades
01-04-2007, 11:28 AM

They would be lean-mean-grass-cuttin machines! I will demo the new tank this spring If the dealer will allow.

d&rlawncare
01-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks Will....

Whew... I was worried there for a bit.
I was afraid there was somethiing coming I'd have to have.

Not being negative or anything... but I don't see anything 'new' that I want.
I still have a personal preference for the 2005 model year.
Nothing negative... just personal.

I do however like what they have done with the foot lift pedal.
I also like how they opened up the platform with the new height selector and deleted park brake.
Easier to get on/off the machine.
Can't say as I care for it past the opening up though.

Setting the height will suck with that setup.
And I see they still insist on that stupid pin type.

Should of just copied Hustler, Grasshopper or someone else....

If they integrated the park brake in with the controls like Hustler, that will be nice though.
The towing hookup and ROPS would be nice too.

The suspension seat should be STANDARD ON EVERYTHING.
Cub ought to adopt a lighter color, like at least Cub yellow though.

I'm not "feeling" the new yellow parts at all....

So the revised foot lift petal, addition of ROPS and the suspension riser....
That's all the improvement I see.

The one thing I think needs improving has been ignored.

Envy- I think that someone with your knowledge and honesty would greatly benifit the industry. I should be making my purchases in Feb/Mar and will PM you (if you dont mind) for some further input.

Envy Lawn Service
01-05-2007, 12:42 AM
[/B]

Envy- I think that someone with your knowledge and honesty would greatly benifit the industry. I should be making my purchases in Feb/Mar and will PM you (if you dont mind) for some further input.

Hey, I appreciate that. Maybe someday?.......

Anyways, yeah feel free to PM or email me anytime.

Ed Ryder
01-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Fantastic mowers though, both Cub and Lesco. Anyone who says different hasn't owned one.

Envy is quite the cheerleader for the Lesco Z2. Well, I'd like to provide some balance here. I owned a 60" Lesco Z2 and put 1500 hours on it. At first I was happy with it, but clumping was an issue. (Clumping drives me crazy!) Now I run an Everride Warrior and I can say, after more than 500 hours of use, that it is simply a far superior machine. It's faster. It sprays out the clippings wonderfully. I'm more productive, cutting more grass and earning more. The Z2 laid a nicer stripe. That was it. The Everride whoops it in all other performance categories.

With the extensive experience I have with the Lesco Z2, I can say that I would not buy another one, even if it was the cheapest. Overall it was a good machine, but not fantastic. And I would not recommend the Lesco to others because of its tendancy to clump and leave a mess. There is a huge difference between the Everride Warrior and the Lesco Z2.

I wouldn't call the Everride fantastic either. But it is definitely superior to your beloved Z2. The Everride has much stronger controls, a much more solid feel, and I enjoy driving it so much more.

I thought the Z2 was a good value when I bought it. In the end, I came to regret selecting it.

COPPERCUT
01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Hey wriken! How did you see a 2007 unit at a dealer when they arent available yet? I SAW ONE, BUT IN COLUMBUS.

wriken
01-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I SAW ONE, BUT IN COLUMBUS.

I was at the dealer the other day, he has 4 of them in. He told me he likes to get a few in before the big spring ordering rush. He also told me the area cub rep was there and was looking over the machine like I was, his first time seeing the actual production model, he had seen the pre-production model only.

mike plummer
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
got a cub 54 the tank 6 years old cut every day with it no complain's love it
been in shop may be 4 times