PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Care Maryland

GSMOSS
12-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Anyone working in the Waldorf, Maryland area? If so I would like to hear from you to share ideas.

mcwlandscaping
12-29-2006, 01:08 PM
about what??

im not for MD, but just curious.

GSMOSS
12-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Rates, Time Of Year They Start, Laws I May Not Know In My State, Places To Buy Products I May Not Know Of, Businesses That May Be Coming Available And Other Things I May Not Have Thought Of Yet. Nosey!!:dancing: JUST KIDDING THAT INQUIRY WAS FINE, I KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP OR GET INFO FOR YOURSELF.

AlleganyLawnCare
12-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I am in the western part of the state. If I can help you, let me know.
Chris

Bel Air Bob
01-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I am up around Baltimore area, so you can probably charge more down your way. I think housing is higher down there right? As for licensing, I know you need one to do pesticides, not sure about fertilizers. I do neither. Check w MD dept agriculture, or your local ag coop U or MD.

Bel Air Bob
01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I mean U of MD. and I think it's agricultural extension service. should be listed in your local phone book. I believe every county has one. They probably know alot of that stuff.

GSMOSS
01-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks Bel Air Bob. The housing prices here are ridiculous and I will be checking with the U of MD.

Marek
01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
There is a company forsale in Leonardtown if anyone is interested its listed on bizquest. He wants a little to much for it but it is a solid company and most of his work is in Waldorf.
I am still looking for someone in AA county who is looking to sell out.

Approach
01-19-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm from White Marsh.

deereequipment
01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm in St. Mary's.
I do a little bit in Waldorf.

Still want to chat?

deereequipment
01-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Marek, I don't see on bizquest, that company for sale in Leonardtown.
Do you remember any details?

Thanks

GSMOSS
01-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I CAN'T REMEMBER MUCH BUT I KNOW THAT HE WANTED AROUND $250,000 AND THE OWNER STATED THAT IT WAS A MILLION DOLLAR POTENTIAL COMPANY. THERE IS ANOTHER ONE ON THAT SITE NOW IN GAITHERSBURG;I KNOW THAT IS A VERY LONG WAY FROM CALIFORNIA, BUT I FIGURED THAT I WOULD MENTION IT

Industry: Building and Const. Services > Other Services
Financials
Asking Price: $205,000
Gross Revenue: $329,637
Gross Revenue Comments: Growing
Cash Flow: $103,146
Cash Flow Comments: growing
FF&E: $40,000 (Included in Asking Price)
Seller Financing: Will consider
Business Summary
This company offers a great opportunity to get into the landscaping business with an extablished company well regarded in their field. The company has been in operation for over 21 years with a host of satisfied customers. The addition of lawn care would accelerate the growth and add to the bottom line. Snow removal has been a significant addition to the serviceds and will continue to be so with the right weather conditions.
About the Business
Year Established: 1985
Employees: 5 full time -
Facilities: Operating from home
Market Outlook and Competition: Excellent considering the growth of the area.
About the Sale
Management Training and Support: Will train for one month
Reason For Selling: New business venture

Print Email Bookmark BizQuest ID: 824526
Seller ID: 638

Business Listed By
Name: Richard Dodson, CBB
Company: The Dodson Partners

deereequipment
01-31-2007, 02:26 AM
Thanks GSMoss.
How's business in Waldorf?
You maintaining size, or growing?

GSMOSS
02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I HAVE ONLY BEEN IS BUSINESS FOR 1 YEAR NOW. I AM STARTING TO GROW HOSE NOW SINCE I DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS. I PICKED UP MY FIRST COMMERICIAL CONTRACT ON 01-26-07 AND I MAY BE ON TRACK TO GET A SECOND ONE HERE REAL SOON. ON YESTERDAY I MADE A CONTACT AT LESCO; A GUY THAT HAS BEEN IN THE LANDSCAPING BUSINESS FOR 25 YEARS. HE DOES A LOT OF INSTALLS IN WALDORF AND SAYS HE GETS CALL BACKS TO MOW THOSE. HE TOOK MY CARD AND STATED THAT HE WOULD BE SENDING SOME OF THESE TO ME. SO THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN TRULY SAY IS PRAISE GOD FOR PUTTING YOU IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME. IT IS STARTING TO LOOK GOOD AT THIS POINT BUT I STILL HAVE A LITTLE FEAR, WHICH IS GOOD. THANKS FOR ASKING:dancing: