PDA

View Full Version : john Deere Eztrack

corey1977
12-29-2006, 08:57 PM
has any one on there seen the new john deere eztrack yet?:nono:

Envy Lawn Service
12-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Yup, I've seen 'em.

My personal thought was a scarcastic "oh great"...
We're in for a fresh run of "Lowe's landscapers" come spring.

Bad for the industry...

Roger
12-30-2006, 07:47 AM
I think I have seen on at the Deere dealer a couple of weeks ago. I did not take note of the name of the model.

It is intended for the residential market, like Toro's model (Timecutter?). The frame is not that much different than my JD 717A. The deck is one taken off JD tractor line of mowers, the "yellow" deck. It is certainly not a 7 Iron deck.

The engine is a B&S, 18hp(?). The wheels are a bit smaller. I didn't ask anything about price.

JD is filling a market niche that some others have already made entry. For the homeowner mowing once per week, it may be a very good solution. It has full ZTR functionality in terms of manueverability, so will appeal to the higher end residential buyer.

If there is a "bad for the industry" sentiment, it may offer a choice for the residential owner to buy one, not hire a contractor to do their mowing. Frankly, I don't think it will mean anything to our business.

DLCS
12-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Yup, I've seen 'em.

My personal thought was a scarcastic "oh great"...
We're in for a fresh run of "Lowe's landscapers" come spring.

Bad for the industry...

My thouhgts exactly. The larger one even comes with a 25 hp engine. My dealer says they are basically junk. Look out if Home Depot gets a hold of these. My dealer said that Home Depot wasn't going to sell them but I wouldn't hold my breath.

gl1200a
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't see the concern myself. You still have a very basic mower that the home owner still won't want to spend time on to mow their own lawn each week.

Envy Lawn Service
12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
You can count on Home Depot selling them too if they sell Deere this year.
If they are being sold at Lowes, they'll be at Home Depot too.

I haven't seen the bigger ones though... just the 42" w/single cylinder engine.

I have no issue at all with a homeowner wanting to buy one and mow the yard. No big deal there. That's a person or two or whatever. What I have issue with is all these 'newbies' charging them on their Lowes/Home Depot card and all of the sudden they are a Pro Landscaper. Yeah right....

John Deere did a good job of molding them in the likeness of the Z-Traks. So what will happen is these newbies will buy these things, pick up 30 or so of our $60 lawns for $20 bucks each, and another 10 new lawns... and tear them to shreads with their little ZTR tires.

Then when the homeowner realizes they are destroying their lawns....
I'll show up for the call with my ZTR's, and so will some other guy with a lawn tractor.

Guess who will always get that job every time from now on?

THAT'S MY ISSUE

newbomb
01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
We sell the ez traks on my fulltime job. The largest is a 25 hp briggs with a 54 deck. Its a fine mower for a homeowner with an acre or two but won't last commercially. They did use the good pump and wheel motors on the biggest one. But as someone said, every yahoo with a lowes card will be in the mowing business and kill us again.

corey1977
01-02-2007, 08:16 PM
yup went to my deer dealer he has to of with the 48 deck

JDWalkbehind
01-02-2007, 08:55 PM
i love deere mower's i think they are the best but when i saw these i just shook my head an said oh no.

robbo521
01-02-2007, 11:31 PM
my dealer has them now.i find it hard to believe a dealer calling them junk when they put food on his table.

DLCS
01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
my dealer has them now.i find it hard to believe a dealer calling them junk when they put food on his table.

My dealer calls it like he see it. He doesn't lie to "make a sale".