PDA

View Full Version : Deere - Ready To Mow

Island Lawn
06-29-2001, 08:46 AM
www.readytomow.com

I looked in the newspaper this morning and saw a 1/4 page ad for this service and thought it was more competition.

The add in my paper says $89.95!
The website says it only takes 30 min to 1 hr

The local fast lube will do more to your truck for around $30

Eric ELM
06-29-2001, 09:04 AM
I like the list of mowers that they have there they service.
No matter what brand you own or where you bought it, we'll service it. John Deere, Craftsman, Scotts, Toro, Honda, Simplicity, MTD, Murray. I wonder how Toro and Honda got in with the rest of these? :p

Kent Lawns
06-29-2001, 09:17 AM
Nice slap at the Toro name, LOL
Since Toro makes 32 times the mowers that Dixie makes, they have homeowner models as well.

Anyway, Deere was talking about doing the same type if thing for commercial cutters.

lawrence stone
06-29-2001, 09:25 AM
Exactly where do they find techs that will work inside
cargo trailers in SC this time of year? A trailer will be a real PIA
getting up to the garage area in many homes in my area (plus there is NO place to park on the street).

My 1977 Dodge Camper MaxiVan would be a great service vehicle for this type of operation run by an independent contractor. I would work under a awning attached to the van. I would have to give up the dinette area for parts but you still
have use of the kitchen and toilet while working.

You need to schedule the PM services like you were mowing and
only work specific areas on specific days to save on fuel and
truck wear and tear.

awm
06-29-2001, 09:35 AM
shoot i been offering this for yrs. still do if i cant get out of it. they better chg big,after a few shots at blade bolts that have never been removed etc,they will definitly earn there money.

rdh
06-29-2001, 01:28 PM
west chester lawn and garden has a trailer like that that goes a round and fixes home owner mowers .
i see that thing all over the place must be making a lot of money.

HOMER
06-29-2001, 04:40 PM
looks like he has the hood up on one of them POS Sabres Deere sells. Thats why they need the trailer, to fix all the Sabres in the world.

Had a friend who owned one, got to mow maybe 3 times one summer, stayed in the shop the rest of the time.

I like the graphics on the trailer, wheels too. Maybe I'll paint mine up like that.

eskals
06-29-2001, 06:47 PM
Its obviously marked to Homeowners, and it seems like a great idea. A lot of homeowners don't have the time, trailer, or truck to transport their machine to a dealer.

Eric

rdh
06-30-2001, 12:23 AM
i think all they do is change blades and oil .they are not at houses very long.