PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Trimstar question

moremow
12-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Anyone demoed a trimstar,,if so what do you think of the mower overall? Dealer is selling one here for $5199.00 48" deck 17 hp. Has the new controls and not the pistol grips.

MattsMowing3535
12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
i had an opertunity to buy one for 3800 still cant belive i didnt take that deal. I drove it around a little there really nice. Didnt cut anything so I really cant say anything about that but the controls are sooooo easy.

LCPullman
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I have a couple of Hustler Trimstar Hydros. They are 36" decks.
I got one new for $4000, and a demo model for $3600 List on the 36" machine is $4700 The 48" lists for the price you were quoted. You might want to see if you couldn't get the dealer down. You should be able to get it below list.

Overall, superb machine. The deck cuts very well. The controls are very easy to use, much better than the pistol grip. I'd definately recommend it to anyone.
I use it to bag and side discharge, handles both very well.

The deck is also adaptable, you can put different blades on for different applications, you can also easily remove the air-control baffles when its wet for more efficient cutting, and reinstall them for dry-conditions and leaf pickup.
The 48" deck also has a virtualy indestructable front box edge.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to help you if I can.