PDA

View Full Version : Shirt colors.....

eggy
06-29-2001, 11:08 AM
I am in the process of changing shirt colors..we have been wearing a tan shirt...with green shorts..however on the new shirts I am looking at going with red shirts, tan shorts..how does red do in reflecting heat???? Would red be to warm....???? Any thoughts? we are wanting the shirts in a brighter color this time to stand out a bit more....

stslawncare
06-29-2001, 11:11 AM
brighter the better for standing out and keeping cool i think it is.

CLARKE
06-29-2001, 11:29 AM
Hey Eggy, been in the bussiness for 16 years now,
used to were black shirts black shorts, now still
wear black shorts but changed the shirts to orange
with black letter much cooler than black DUH,
But my most unliked color is RED, I' would stay
away from the RED, RED has to much RED in it later :blob3:

BCLawncare
06-29-2001, 03:46 PM
Eggy I wear Blaze orange shirts with dark green lettering
they really make you stand out while working and the dark,
green lettering is easy to see and read.

OBRYANMAINT
06-29-2001, 07:43 PM
seems like the popular choice i too have bright orange shirts and green logo's .............i picked it because no other lawn co. in my area uses this color

CMerLand
06-29-2001, 08:03 PM
Sometimes its brown to a dark brown almost black. Occassionally yellow which I hate and after a night at taco bell green.

OHHHHHHHH, sorry bout that you said shiRt colors. Sorry, ours our heather gray with green screenprinting. We were gray pants in the spring and fall with stone cargo shorts from wearguard.

CMerLand

Turf Cutters
06-29-2001, 08:05 PM
I worked for the city a few years ago and they gave us red t-shirts to wear. The red faded real bad after half a summer and was hot to wear. We use light grey or heather color shirts with bright geen lettering. After thee years they still look sharp.

dfor
06-29-2001, 09:27 PM
CMerLand, that was good, I can't stop laughing.
I wear green pants or shorts and a white shirt.

GreenQuest Lawn
07-01-2001, 02:06 AM
I worked for a LC that had red shirts. By the end of the summer we all had Pink. My company we wear tan shorts, grey shirts.

Craig Turf Management
07-01-2001, 04:36 AM
I helped a guy once, and we wore red shirts. They were too hot in my opinion, and faded badly. I wear light grey shirts currently, but just ordered a bunch of white shirts last week. I want to reflect as much heat as possible.
I have thought of using a blaze orange shirt. Good for visibility when edging etc near the road.
Bill Craig

LAWNGODFATHER
07-01-2001, 05:54 AM
I want to look like Brickman brown and lite brown NOT!

I was going to get red (pink) shirts but now I'm not

think grey or orange now

white gets and show dirt to easy

thank for helping me solve that prob and I didn't even post it:D

eggy
07-01-2001, 09:07 PM
Sounds like orange might be they way to go...at least we will match the mowers too........hmmmmmm

ChadsLawn
07-01-2001, 09:16 PM
MY shirts are light grey.I also make my own logos for them..

kutnkru
07-01-2001, 10:00 PM
Polos
Ashe Grey shirts with Green bands around the arm and neck.
Tanks
Ashe Grey or White.
T's
Ashe Grey. (spring/summer)
Hunter Green. (fall/winter)

syzer
07-02-2001, 12:28 AM
We use a bright teal blue. No other LCO's in this area has this color, makes you stand out and are pretty cool.

TLS
07-02-2001, 12:37 AM
Light Tan 50/50 T's with hunter green letters. Front pocket for whatever. I tried 100% cotton but was TOO heavy and HOT for summer. The lighter the better for color and thread count.

Runner
07-02-2001, 12:47 AM
My shirts are a light tan, almost a cream color with dark green around the sleeve band and dark green collars. Polo type and 100% Cotton. As comfortable as it gets. The emboidery is a dark green backgound that is done like a sketchy background with yellowish dark gold letters on it.