PDA

View Full Version : longer tube on blower

walkerowner06
12-30-2006, 01:04 PM
If you extend the tube on a backpack blower will it hurt the blower? i have a ebz8001 and i was thinking about ordering another tube so i could make it a little longer. i don't plan on using the longer tube everyday but i thought that the longer tube would come handy blowing leaves out of flower beds that have lots of shrubery. I just want to know what effect it will have on the blower.

JTF40
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
The air velocity will drop significantly with more tube - IMO. :usflag:

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 02:53 PM
You may want to get the duck bill tube end made by Redmax. I got it this fall but didn't use it very much because i was mostly blowing large piles instead of beds and smaller more precise areas. It does work nice and has a wide ange end to blow under cars and in hard to reach areas. cost about $25 at my dealer. fits all Redmax blowers except the 8000 and maybe the 8001 because those have a larger diameter tube.

dwlah
12-30-2006, 09:53 PM
I put an extra piece of tube(about 2 ft) on my echo (cant remember the number)
It didn't have quite enough umph to blow off the grave markers like I wanted to with the stock length
Now I can go down the middle of two rows of markers and get the back of one row and the front of the next row
There may be some difference but not enough to offset the time savings