can anyone say done at 11:30am friday first time this year

finaly

thank god done early on a friday mowing

geogunn
06-29-2001, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
can anyone say done at 11:30am friday first time this year

yes I can say "DONE" AT 11:30am.

but I am going to say it like bill clinton said he never fooled around with monica.

I am not going to mean what I say! so there, I'm none!:D

congrats LGF on an early risers reward. now what to do with a FRIDAY afternoon...?

GEO

awm
06-29-2001, 05:13 PM
when i do that i have to be careful. too much trouble out there
for a man with back pocket money and free time. im sure you
can handle it.later

Fine Lines Lawn
06-29-2001, 07:19 PM
I sent the crew home at noon today. Since it's 1000 degrees outside and the grass is toast, I thought I'd give the Dixies a break. I thought the crew and I deserved a break too.

Scag48
06-29-2001, 08:29 PM
Well, since I'm small but running solo, I'm gonna say what I can do in a short while. I arrive at my first job at 6:00 AM and start mowing my 1 3/4 acre job (I'm gonna say that's what the acrerage is, not totally sure). I can trim and mow it in 3 hours. Not bad for a guy without a Dixie ;). Anyway, by the time my ride shows up to get to the next job, it's about 3 1/2 hours. I grease and clean the mower completely before I leave. Then, I have to drive about 20 or so minutes to the next job. Takes 45 mins. to mow the next one, then 20 mins or so to mow the last one. Only 3 jobs, but I don't have the fastest mower out there and I have hills and trees to deal with at the large prop. There are trees EVERYWHERE. Tons of trimming there. And the hills are a problem. Anyway, I can be done by 11:00. I have no employees and I don't have a mower that will do 10 MPH while mower, well, I'm sure the Groundsmaster could mow at 8 or so, but it's so rough it would beat me to death. Anyway, congrats on the guys that can mow fairly quick. I watched some guys while I was on vacation mow 4 average sized lawns in 45-60 mins with 2 guys trimming and one guy mowing with a Scag Turf Runner (Walker copy). I'm sure it could have been faster 'cuz the guys trimming were SO slow. Go figure, must have been new guys. :D

lawnman_scott
06-29-2001, 09:15 PM
NO

LAWNGODFATHER
06-29-2001, 11:31 PM
hey just got back from boating dusted of the pontoon boat and went waverunning took the wave runners out a couple Sunday's ago

had lots a fun will be tired and sore tomorrow

good luck to you all the LAWNGODFATHER

sleona
06-29-2001, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Fine Lines Lawn
Since it's 1000 degrees outside...
1000 degrees? Be happy you aren't on the Gulf Coast where you get 1000% humidity.

lawnboy82
06-29-2001, 11:33 PM
i can always say done at 11:00 am. and then at 11:01 am i can go and start again. today we worked at my house. lawns have to be done tomorow morning and tuesday.

CSRA Landscaping
06-30-2001, 12:32 AM
LGF, I just busted my rear end yesterday so that I could take today off and take my wife and daughter to the zoo. :D

Sleona, we get da humidity too!

LAWNGODFATHER
06-30-2001, 01:32 AM
CSRA

going to Six Flags over Mid America Tuesday

will have fun taking the kid

CSRA Landscaping
06-30-2001, 01:41 AM
Enjoy it! There's nothing like a day out with the family, for all of us.

Premo Services
06-30-2001, 09:26 AM
When it gets around July, the lawns start to slow their growth, and I think I will be able to get done earlier and either go home, or do some of the things for customers that I have been putting off, because of spring rush. It hardly ever happens. The temps, and humidity raise a lot and I spend more time doing the jobs. I finished early the other day and went to do the extra trimming at one of my customers. when I get there, she tells me that it is soo hot and to take a break and have some cold tea. While we were talking, her husband gets home and we talked for the rest of the afternoon.I was not able to do the work, but they were not concerned, and it is a nice break to take some time to talk with the customers.With this customer, they like me to do extra work on saturday. I do this and when I get there, they have donuts,coffee before I start the job. At lunch time they always go to steak&shake and we have a nice lunch. By the way all of this time is on the clock.I kinda wish all of my customers did this, but I would probaly be so big that I wouldn`t be able to do the work.:D

FrankenScagMachines
02-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi! whats up LGF?? :p :rolleyes:

LAWNGODFATHER
02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by BushHogBoy
Hi! whats up LGF?? :p :rolleyes:

What a dork.

Damn what a waste pulling up old threads that really have nothing worth learning out of.

All the threads that were dug up but 1 others have added usefull info to.

What a waste BHB. You now disappoint me.

FrankenScagMachines
02-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Exactly my point, so why did you do that to me at least twice?
How's it feel?

bob
02-08-2003, 09:20 PM
LGF and BHB can't you guys just get alawn!

LAWNGODFATHER
02-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by BushHogBoy
Exactly my point, so why did you do that to me at least twice?
How's it feel?

What your are crying because someone brought up one of your old posts?

Heck you were crying before cause bruce32 was bringing up old posts and replying to them.

What's wrong with that? It's better then the saga of what comes out of the scagmarkenstein garage.

Don't bother me a bit.