PDA

View Full Version : New Mower

dougb
06-29-2001, 03:25 PM
I'm looking to buy a mower with at least 60 inch cut.
I'm overwhelmed with all the products to choose from.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
I've looked at Lazers, Gravelys,& Scags.

scottb
06-29-2001, 03:34 PM
First and for most look at dealer support as the # 1 thing. Which one do you like best. As for brand choice mine are Toro/Exmark ,Exmark may be a little better mower but they use the same running works just different decks. My Toro dealer is also better. Also from the feild I hear alot of good things about Bobcats.

dougb
06-29-2001, 03:36 PM
Any ideas on how to find a good dealer??

scottb
06-29-2001, 03:52 PM
Just go and talk to them. I judge them by how they treat me while Im looking. See if they will let you demo equipment. Ask them as many questions as you can think of talk to other customers to see what kind of dealings they have had. Also you can do a search on most of the mfg. websites to find your local dealers.
Good luck

jeffyr
07-01-2001, 01:31 PM
Doug,

Why don't you stop and ask a local landscaper when you see them by their truck or trailer and ask what their choice of dealer is in your area ? I'm sure they will tell the truth if they are not happy with their service.

jeffyr

John DiMartino
07-01-2001, 01:53 PM
Definetely ask local LCO's.Check out the dealers too,ask other customers how there service is,In my area our Exmark dealer is top notch,with Ransomes/Bobcat a close second,our Dixie dealer takes so long to fix things anymore,you'd be out of business before you got your mower back.They used to have good service,this season,head mechanic left,now the place is 1 month behind on any work.

Catcher
07-02-2001, 08:34 AM
I would definetaly go with some recommendations; I bought a new machine this spring - prior to the purchase I was absolutely amazed at the professionalism of the dealership. I could list a whole array of things they impressed me with, however - as soon as I put my name on the dotted line the amazement turned to bewilderment, it seems that with that signature the professionalism went out of the window.
Now I have a new mower, some bitter feelings and the search for a decent outfit to service it ahead of me.