PDA

View Full Version : I Know Which Is The Most Powerful Blower!!!!!!!!!

Katie_A_C
12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I just recently bought a used Stihl BR420 Magnum from another company in the area so I have been very interested in the back pack blower discussions. I have read allot of threads arguing about which is the most powerful Back Pack blower and I think I can finally end the debate!!!!!!!:dancing:

Today, I was at a local dealer Open House and they had a Back Pack Blower Challenge course set-up. The three blowers in the challenge were the Echo 750 , the Redmax 8000 and the Stihl BR600..

The first test was to see how high each blower could blow 4 baseballs in a sealed tube. The Redmax won by over 1' and the Echo and Stihl were almost exactly equal for second with the Sthil just nudging the Echo by maybe 1/4" or less.

The second test (which prolly isn't as accurate as the first) was to see which blower could blow 4 big garbage bags full of newspaper past a finish line that was about 40' away. Again the Redmax won easily by almost 20 seconds and the Stihl and Echo came very close for second with the Echo just nudging the Stihl by maybe 1 second or less.

The third test was to see how far away each blower could be from a brick and still move the brick. Again the Redmax won easily.

It was really fun to see the testing and there was other fun things and food at the Open House but I am now kinda depressed because my Stihl BR420 wasn't even strong enough to make it in the competition (I tried it in the sealed tube and it wasn't even close to the other 3 contender's)

Well, I guess it's still alot better than the handheld blower I used most of last year but I will definately buying a Redmax when I can afford to!!!!:clapping:

KS_Grasscutter
12-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Wish my dealer's had open house's... Thats no fair:cry:

lawnspecialties
12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Now that's an excellent thread! Thanks for posting. I wish other dealers would do things like that. You'll never see commercial blowers in Consumer Reports so somebody's gotta' do it.:waving:

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes it is good to hear reviews of products. I too wish my dealer would do something like that but they don't.

N.TX
12-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Buy a Redmax 7001 series .... almost as powerful as the 8000. I have an 8000... sure its powerful but it doesnt blow much sitting in the repair shop. Now they have a 8001 thats replacing the 8000 ... id think about buying that after its been out maybe a yr or so.

ed2hess
12-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Don't be depressed about your BR420 it is a great blower and you will be very productive with this unit and all indications are it will run a long time. We don't push many balls up tubes or blow bags across the pavement but when we need a real blower we go get our 13hp WB Billygoat.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi Cutie A C. I mean Katie. That post confirms what alot of us thought to be true. There were a million threads and post over the fall about what blower to buy. You saw them. Seems like nobody had used all three of the big boys, but they all had opinions. I like my echo 751 and 755. If these backpacks get any bigger were going to be spending more time blowing mulch back into beds than we did blowing the leaves out. Nice post.

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Ya, The RedMax EBZ8000 is #1 with me.:cool2: That things a beast. I didn't know girls knew so much about equipment.:laugh: We've been arguing this blower topic for that last month at least.

Katie_A_C
12-30-2006, 09:35 PM
I know, I read through some of those threads AFTER I bought my BR420.:angry: If I had read everything first and seen the tests I prolly still would have bought the BR420 though because I got it used at a very good price so I can't complain.

I will definately be saving up for a Redmax 8000 though. payup

The biggest thing that I learned in my first year was that the right equipment makes HUGE time savings. When I went from my little Ryobi Hand Held to the Stihl BR420, it saved me almost 5-15 min. (I would say 15 if there was wet grass on the drive) on every lawn!:dancing: and I won't even comment on how much time I saved after going from my dad's electric trimmer to a curved shaft gas one (even though it was a homeowner trimmer)!!!

Uranus
12-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Redmax- U following me tonight- Tag your it.

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 09:43 PM
The 8000 is sweet, you might not want it for you everyday blower but its great for major cleanups and leaves. You hafta save up 5-6 hundred bucks. This thing isn't a toy it still weighs several lbs. and can do some damage if you arn't carefull.

Hope you enjoy writing the way you are with all the large text, colors, smilies and stuff. You're the only one that does it.:laugh:

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM
The 8000 is sweet, you might not want it for you everyday blower but its great for major cleanups and leaves. You hafta save up 5-6 hundred bucks. This thing isn't a toy it still weighs several lbs. and can do some damage if you arn't carefull.

Hope you enjoy writing the way you are with all the large text, colors, smilies and stuff. You're the only one that does it.:laugh:

Thats because she is a girl thats how they type.
And she still has not told us her age, oh well that doesn't matter anyway.

KS_Grasscutter
12-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Thats because she is a girl thats how they type.
And she still has not told us her age, oh well that doesn't matter anyway.

Yea, I have kinda always been wondering that myself...

Uranus
12-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm betting 17. Yea the redmax 8000 has a ton of power. I once blew out a storm door glass window with a 7001. single pain glass shetterd into a million pieces. Now when I turn around in the foundation beds I make sure the tube is out or straight up. OOPPPPSSSS

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Redmax- U following me tonight- Tag your it.

Man, I was just thinking the same thing.

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm betting 17. Yea the redmax 8000 has a ton of power. I once blew out a storm door glass window with a 7001. single pain glass shetterd into a million pieces. Now when I turn around in the foundation beds I make sure the tube is out or straight up. OOPPPPSSSS

Haven't done damage that bad with mine but is def. possible. Hey which thread u going to nxt cuz i'm coming too.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm going to http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=169830 see you there. Gotta do a little flirting over there.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
My dealer has had the tubes set up,redmax won hands down they are heavy on the back but they get the job done,the smaller blowers do fine you will get the work done without the strain.

Katie_A_C
12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
My age is posted in my profile. I didn't enter my information correctly when I signed up and it blocked it out ;)

As far as the weight of the Redmax goes, I will be hiring someone to help me next season. My older brother who is a Police Officer said that he will get me someone reliable. They will be doing the trimming and the blowing and they will also cut the areas with the 21" mower that I can't get with my Timecutter.:dancing: I'm sure a man can handle the weight of the Redmax no problem :weightlifter: even though it is prolly too heavy for me.

Besides the good money, I also like that I get a nice tan and some exercise when I am cutting but I will have to be careful not to get chunky if all I am doing is riding the Timecutter and listening to my iPod next season:headphones:

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Ha ha young ones she is my age!

As long as your not mowing large commercial properties your mower should last 1-2 years+ the reason is it will have plenty of cool down time between mows. Make sure to keep the air filter clean and the oil changed often. Good luck and have a great 2007!

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Who else uses ipods while mowing? the best i got is those AOsafety work tunes. My buddy is sometimes wired up to something when where out working but it looked smaller than an ipod.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Tag your it. Worktunes here to. I take them off once in a while and throw in the foam earplugs to let the tan lines from earmuffs fade.

RedMax Man
12-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Tag your it. Worktunes here to. I take them off once in a while and throw in the foam earplugs to let the tan lines from earmuffs fade.
Do you sleep on LawnSite i'm thinking about dumping in soon.

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I stopped allowing worktunes including for myself and gave everyone reg hearing protection to see what happened and it was just what I thought. Better quality work by far and quicker too. The bad thing about not using them is employee moral can drop. So I will be trying to find a happy medium for next year. People stop and change channels for 30 seconds at every job times that by 3 people 1.5 mins each job now times that by 8 jobs 12mins a day times 5 days and what you have is a whole hr of work per week lost. Or 4 hrs a month 28hrs a mowing season. So times that by $50 an hr thats $1,400 a year lost or 4 trimmers not including all the battery cost, so add another $8 per week $32 a month so a blower a year. So in 5 years thats enough money to start a new residential crew.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Gateway. Wow. If you really want to lower moral even more take out the ac in the trucks. I bet (if you have it) you can save some more time there too.

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Gateway. Wow. If you really want to lower moral even more take out the ac in the trucks. I bet (if you have it) you can save some more time there too.

Believe it or not I don't use the ac in the truck because of fuel mileage thats what power windows are for. But if it is really hot then I use the ac. My Isuzu W4500 I just bought has no ac. Now employees are welcome to use it but I find it makes working worse by getting out of a cold truck into 90F heat makes me feel like crap.

Also if you notice large lawn comps don't use worktunes.

lawnman_scott
12-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Ther is a weight difference, dealer difference, and the 4 cycle difference to consider as well. Also, how did it do blowing leaves or grass? We dont blow alot of tennis balls or bricks. Here redmax has maybe 2 dealers to about 20-30 for stihl. Not even an issue.

Uranus
12-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Believe it or not I don't use the ac in the truck because of fuel mileage thats what power windows are for. But if it is really hot then I use the ac. My Isuzu W4500 I just bought has no ac. Now employees are welcome to use it but I find it makes working worse by getting out of a cold truck into 90F heat makes me feel like crap.

Also if you notice large lawn comps don't use worktunes.

Just Bs ing. I see your point. Believe it or not I had a boss 6+years ago that would not let us use sunglasses while mowing. Said other guys in the past missed spots cuz the glasses were to dark. We finally got him to let us wear them but he would put them on his face and see how dark they really were. Couldn't have super dark glasses. BTW that was funny last night with the milf and zebra bit. That guy has over 1000 posts. and no logo?

WJW Lawn
12-30-2006, 11:47 PM
While the Redmax won in every category...the Stihl br600 is still the strongest. Wanna know how I know??? Cause I paid 500 bucks for the damn thing...and I wanna believe it is! I WIN! lol I love my br600...but I think we all know the Redmax 8000 kicks all their butts.

Gatewayuser
12-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Just Bs ing. I see your point. Believe it or not I had a boss 6+years ago that would not let us use sunglasses while mowing. Said other guys in the past missed spots cuz the glasses were to dark. We finally got him to let us wear them but he would put them on his face and see how dark they really were. Couldn't have super dark glasses. BTW that was funny last night with the milf and zebra bit. That guy has over 1000 posts. and no logo?

Actually I buy the mirror lenses because its true dark lenses do cause missed spots the same with amber lenses.

Yea that was funny but I think he was getting a little mad. :laugh:

Envy Lawn Service
12-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi Cutie A C. I mean Katie. That post confirms what alot of us thought to be true. There were a million threads and post over the fall about what blower to buy. You saw them. Seems like nobody had used all three of the big boys, but they all had opinions. I like my echo 751 and 755. If these backpacks get any bigger were going to be spending more time blowing mulch back into beds than we did blowing the leaves out. Nice post.

Well I do as of October 2006.... but nobody listens to me I guess :cry:

What would make for an even more convincing test would be to use blowers for a test like this at this time of year that were just used and well broken in during the fall.

The RedMax 8001 really leaps out far ahead when it opens up after several gallons have been ran through it.

S man
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Well I do as of October 2006.... but nobody listens to me I guess :cry:

What would make for an even more convincing test would be to use blowers for a test like this at this time of year that were just used and well broken in during the fall.

The RedMax 8001 really leaps out far ahead when it opens up after several gallons have been ran through it.

I'm listening to ya envy:waving: But I think the eb7001 is all I need for now. Check out speedwaysales. great deals!

Mark
12-31-2006, 01:22 AM
:usflag: Let's not forget about the Shindaiwa eb8510- 79.7cc/Air Volume at housing 1349/ at tube end 762cfm/ and nozzle velocity 224mph, Ive been using the eb six thirtys for yrs and they are workhorses...Not putting down the Redmax they are also one of the two top's IMO........Marks Mowing Service

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Actually I buy the mirror lenses because its true dark lenses do cause missed spots the same with amber lenses.

Yea that was funny but I think he was getting a little mad. :laugh:

I prefer mirror lenses too. I also have Spy optics and those have orange ones but they don't look orange or yellow when i have them on.

Katie_A_C
12-31-2006, 09:21 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!

I jus came from my friends house and we had some champagne and now we are going to go to a New Year's party to celebrate.

Hope your next year is even better than the year before and keeps getting better every year after that even if you had a good year this year!!!!!!

KISSES!!!:drinkup: :drinkup:

lawnspecialties
12-31-2006, 09:30 PM
While the Redmax won in every category...the Stihl br600 is still the strongest. Wanna know how I know??? Cause I paid 500 bucks for the damn thing...and I wanna believe it is! I WIN! lol I love my br600...but I think we all know the Redmax 8000 kicks all their butts.

That's pretty good, WJW.:laugh:

I do get a kick at how some of these crumbsnatchers on lawnsite insist a particular piece of equipment is the best just because it's what they have on their trailer.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 09:47 PM

I jus came from my friends house and we had some champagne and now we are going to go to a New Year's party to celebrate.

Hope your next year is even better than the year before and keeps getting better every year after that even if you had a good year this year!!!!!!

Every time you post you make me laugh because of the way you write and things that only a girl would say. Happy new year to you too... sorry no kisses.;)

S man
12-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Happy newyear to you Katie:waving: :waving: :waving:

Kisses

KS_Grasscutter
01-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Same to you!!

Gatewayuser
01-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Same to you!!

Thats terrible Katie making out with minors.:nono: :nono:

Happy New Year Back:waving:

SILVERSTREAK INC
01-01-2007, 12:09 PM
i bought an 8000 redmax, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the things heavy when full of gas but it will blow your house down....my local dealer dosent sell echo...and im getting worn out driving to buy parts or waiting for mail order stuff to arrive, so thought id change it up

ive been a pb-650 fan since the day they came out, have 7 of them and love every one

mountianview
01-01-2007, 03:25 PM
you set the standard for young lady landscapers, glad your not my competition, happy new year to you kiss kiss dont tell the wife you warm many an old farts heart including mine !!

newbomb
01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I just recently bought a used Stihl BR420 Magnum from another company in the area so I have been very interested in the back pack blower discussions. I have read allot of threads arguing about which is the most powerful Back Pack blower and I think I can finally end the debate!!!!!!!:dancing:

Today, I was at a local dealer Open House and they had a Back Pack Blower Challenge course set-up. The three blowers in the challenge were the Echo 750 , the Redmax 8000 and the Stihl BR600..

The first test was to see how high each blower could blow 4 baseballs in a sealed tube. The Redmax won by over 1' and the Echo and Stihl were almost exactly equal for second with the Sthil just nudging the Echo by maybe 1/4" or less.

The second test (which prolly isn't as accurate as the first) was to see which blower could blow 4 big garbage bags full of newspaper past a finish line that was about 40' away. Again the Redmax won easily by almost 20 seconds and the Stihl and Echo came very close for second with the Echo just nudging the Stihl by maybe 1 second or less.

The third test was to see how far away each blower could be from a brick and still move the brick. Again the Redmax won easily.

It was really fun to see the testing and there was other fun things and food at the Open House but I am now kinda depressed because my Stihl BR420 wasn't even strong enough to make it in the competition (I tried it in the sealed tube and it wasn't even close to the other 3 contender's)

Well, I guess it's still alot better than the handheld blower I used most of last year but I will definately buying a Redmax when I can afford to!!!!:clapping:

Your a doll and you would make any of us a fine daughter but just one small criticism. "prolly" is not a word. I think you mean "probably". I only mention it to help. When your business expands you may need to write something for a bid or for your customers. If your spelling is bad you won't get a chance, (even being cute). I commend you for your efforts and hope you build a good business.

Duekster
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Your a doll and you would make any of us a fine daughter but just one small criticism. "prolly" is not a word. I think you mean "probably". I only mention it to help. When your business expands you may need to write something for a bid or for your customers. If your spelling is bad you won't get a chance, (even being cute). I commend you for your efforts and hope you build a good business.

Prolly is oddly enough acceptable Internet speak.