PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Mowers worth repair?

Mike Fronczak
12-31-2006, 05:54 AM
Seveal questions. I have two lesco Vipers. Both a little less than ten years old. It appears the engines need replacement (on both). One otherwise is in good shape, no leaks functions properly. Other has two small leaks at wheel motors (each one, seal on axle shaft). Is it worth repowering these units? I'm guessing it will cost me around $ 1500.00/each. Lesco parts are not the easiest to come by, & I have started switching to JD. What are these units worth if I sell them?(probably not much) Running (new engines) or for parts? Thanks.

HenryB
12-31-2006, 10:21 AM
With new engines they are worth about $1500-$2200. If you can do all the work and have a lot of free time. Maybe? I'd try to sell them as is. Good Luck

Jpocket
12-31-2006, 06:22 PM
NO not on a VIper Unless you can get a used motor for $500. The Viper is one of the wost ZTR's made. (I own one). The Z-two may be worth it they seem to be built better.

The top brands scag Exmark ETC, can go through Two or so repowers before they are Parts machines.

If I were you I would look into rebuilding the current motors, It would be a shame to have those two machines go to waste even if they aren't that great a machine. When it comes down to it the blades turn and they cut grass

Envy Lawn Service
01-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Nah... I don't know rather or not I'd invest it in a viper or not.

I mean there is two ways of looking at it I guess.

One being sell both of them for what you can get without sinking anymore into them.
Use that money towards a new Lesco Ztwo.... (much better unit... love mine).

The second being for like $3,000 you can have two ztr's back up and running.
The only issue being the rest of both machines is 10 years old.

I figure after 10 years you've gotten your money's worth out of them myself.

J&R Landscaping
01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Are the engines re-buildable on them or did they throw a rod? For being 10 years old, I'd try to just get some what ever cash you can for them as the mowers sit. I personally would not dump a whole lot of money into machines that old.

Mike Fronczak
01-01-2007, 08:20 PM
I am going to have them looked at the JD dealer. If nothing else see what they'll give me on trade. As for buying new Z-two, no thanks had two a 60 & 72. No comparison to JD, & parts avalabilty is much, much better.