PDA

View Full Version : I'm never doing that again (or don't let this happen to you!)

MDLawnman
12-31-2006, 10:49 AM
In the interest of starting the new year on the right foot and sharing some mistakes that happened to me in 2006, I'm going to start this thread with several mistakes that I made. I wish everyone health, wealth, and happiness in 2007:

1. Keep BOTH hands on the hedge trimmer when it's running at all times. (Lesson learned - 6 stitches on my left knee)

2. Steep hills are for walk behinds, string trimmers, or for growing ground cover. (Lesson learned - ZTR mowers will slide downhill at a rate of speed twice that at which you have the ability to jump off)

3. A 48" deck (or 60" or 52" or whatever) means exactly that. Don't try to squeeze the mower between the work truck and a wall. (Lesson learned - new front left tire on work truck where the mower blades cut through the tire)

While each of these incidents are embarrassing to me I hope that others can learn from my errors.

Liquidfast
12-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Never pee-pee downwind.

Never pee-pee on a customers property.

Don't spit with a face shield down.

Uranus
12-31-2006, 11:07 AM
You forgot Never pee up hill

Liquidfast
12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Never pee-pee downwind.

Never pee-pee on a customers property.

Don't spit with a face shield down.

I meant: Never pee into the wind...

Tharrell
12-31-2006, 12:15 PM
I guess I got by easy with only 3 stitches in my left knee. Cost=$950, you?

mattfromNY
12-31-2006, 12:26 PM
-Never yell obscenities when things go wrong (just because the mower is running doesnt mean the clients' kids didnt hear you inside the house... oops)
-Never say "good enough" in front of your employee, or customer.
-just wanted to add a few that embarrased me, too!

JDWalkbehind
12-31-2006, 12:41 PM
after a long winter and your walkbehind won't start and you want to take it apart and maybe rebuild the carb. make sure the gas is on.

Daner
12-31-2006, 01:18 PM
This one pops In my mind...never adjust your shop door opener springs...with your remote In your top pocket.
I was once doing this with 2 1/2" round bars standing on the top step of the ladder...and I yes...hit the remote in my pocket some how...and the door started to open...weel the bars bent and went for a fling ,the spring un sprung...and I went for a fly on the shop floor...landed on my feet...and said something like holy catfish ...It was close .

Lawntime Mowers
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Stop taking customers mid summer that say "My last Lawn Service just stopped showing up....I don't know why?":dizzy:
I'm get so tired of taking these customer. I get 3-4 of these mid-summer and they almost always turn out to be Pita's, slow or no pay.
Fact is it's a 50/50 gamble who's at fault and I'm done gambling unless I get funds up-front or I talk to the last LCO myself.

Also stop using the wrong damn mix in my stihl chainsaw. Stop working on stihl product just because they won't run you dumb azz...you used the wrong mix again....man I suck!:hammerhead:

Wells
12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Double check that you've actually engaged the blades on the mower. Don't know how many times i've circled a property with multiple passes before realizing the blades are'nt on.

Charles
12-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Double check that you've actually engaged the blades on the mower. Don't know how many times i've circled a property with multiple passes before realizing the blades are'nt on.

And make sure you have the Z mower deck down. Not embarrassing, just a waste of time lol

Matts lawn care
12-31-2006, 05:51 PM
And make sure you have the Z mower deck down. Not embarrassing, just a waste of time lol

I did that a few times.
Dont edge walks without safety glasses.

Cracker Station
12-31-2006, 05:52 PM

:hammerhead: REDFACED!!!

Cracker Station
12-31-2006, 05:53 PM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: And make sure you have the Z mower deck down. Not embarrassing, just a waste of time lol

:hammerhead: Redfaced again

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
12-31-2006, 05:53 PM

Dude, been there done that a number of times. Blades are on, and your humming along, and "Why does the grass look so tall?:dizzy: "

I have one, make sure the trimmer rack is shut/locked. Nothing like going down the road and you have two or three trimmers dragging the ground behind you.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
12-31-2006, 05:55 PM
You could go on all day with these. If you have an enclosed trailer with a side door make sure that it is shut before you start down the road.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
12-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Doing a landscape job do not till soil until you have the property worked out. No telling what you will find under the ground. Like utility lines, or maybe cable lines.

Tim Wright
12-31-2006, 06:00 PM

or the deck is not down.

Tim

tacoma200
12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Don't buy a ZTR without a very extensive demo..

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
12-31-2006, 06:46 PM
This did not happen to us but another local company.

Never remove the operator presence mechanism no matter how tempted you may be, or you could end up with an employee putting a mower in a customers inground pool, or through a fence, and we could go on.

Scagguy
12-31-2006, 07:06 PM

How about not lowering the deck and making a couple of passes. Did that a couple of times this year.

OMG
12-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Never take on a new customer mid-season that the neighbors say:

If she comes out to get the paper in a blue robe, you're ok. If she comes out in a red robe keep driving.

Above (former) customer sent me a letter to copy for prospective customers saying we are the greatest since sliced bread.

The next week, she tells me we've ruined her lawn all year and are fired.

Then she calls two weeks later using another name and wanting a bid for mowing/landscape work.

miketina
12-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Always make sure your open utility tailer is hooked up to the truck before taking the mowers off!!! I did this twice. Felt really stupid the second time. The frst time the back end of the trailer was underneath a large overhang on my garage. Got a good bump on the noggin!!!

gene gls
12-31-2006, 10:25 PM

On a Walker GHS unit, make sure you have the blades on the correct sides. I mowed several passes before I realised what was wrong. They just don't cut backwards.

howardsells2000
12-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Always close the tailgate before you drive off. I lost my 5 gallon water thermos and dented the tool box on my trailer doing this.

RedWolf
01-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Always make sure you pto on your dumptruck is off before to try to drive off. I did that twice.I jump in the truck and wonder why im not going anywhere. and always make sure your cooler is locked down. I lost two last year.

Runner
01-01-2007, 03:07 AM
You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone ranger
And ya don't mess around with Jim....

dchauling
01-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Don't think you have lots of room when backing a trailer in the dark. You might rip the siding off your neighbors house. (iived at the house 1 week, welcome to the neighborhood)

Don't try and push hydro boxes with your truck, box wins.

Make sure you can see out your back window before you back into the neighbors car at your new house. (different neighbor, they all know me now)

Watch for falling rocks as they fly out your trailer because the gate wasn't fully closed. (80 lb rocks)

If it looks like bags of cedar chips spiralling down the highway and you were hauling bags of cedar chips, good guess where they came from.

When it looks like some one broke into your toolbox on the trailer, but your bumper is bent , might be a jackknife.

If a street light head falls, throw it in the trailer and start whistling. (pick up the glass also)

OK I think thats it, BAD learing curve.

MOW ED
01-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Keep mouth closed when string trimming.

Better yet is just keep mouth closed.

Charles
01-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Especially around dog crap:laugh:

steve45
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM

My wife did that once! LMAO!

AndyTblc
01-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Never try to fit a 50" threw a 36" gate.
Never blow grass into peoples in ground pools. (They get a little upset even if it is an accident)
Keep a cap on you Burger King Milkshake so grass clippings don't get caught in the straw.

mojob
01-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I was just about to say the same thing. Nothings worse!

topsites
01-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I learned one, thou I got lucky and was never down for more than a few minutes, this one could easily cost you several hours:

When you stop the truck, grab your ignition keys and put them in your pocket !!!
Yes, regardless of whether you lock your doors or not!

It prevents someone driving off with all your stuff but also it prevents the doors accidentally locking (don't ask me how it does that, but it does do it lol).

LawnTamer
01-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Don't start edging a new client's lawn (with edges 3" overgrown) if all you have with you is the stick edger.

Don't mow right next to newspapers or doormats with high-lift blades running.

Never buy any power equipment (mowers, blowers, trimmers) for your business from Home Depot:cry: Not even a little one.

Wells
01-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Never second guess the height of a sprinkler head that sticks up slightly, eventually your going to chop it up. Many times i've thought i'll be ok to run this one over it's looks low enough. Then I spend the next 10 minutes replacing the head instead of an extra 10 seconds triming around it.

mattfromNY
01-01-2007, 02:08 PM
A few years ago I was hauling motorcycles at night with enclosed trailer, stopped for fast food, money was in trailer, dropped rear gate, went in to eat, came back out and jumped in the truck, away I go. Couple miles down the road a trucker yelled out his window "your gates down". Very redfaced. took 3 inches off the top of the rear ramp!!
-Never mow/ trim around bee hives!
-watch where you're going when you chase snakes across the customers' yard!
-Dont put your equipment on top of the tarp covering your load, when the wind gets under the tarp, your equipment will be all over the highway.

Signature Landscaping1
01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Dont drive away leaving the rear trailer ramp down in front of your customers.

ribbie78
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
-Dont put your equipment on top of the tarp covering your load, when the wind gets under the tarp, your equipment will be all over the highway.

especially a big wheel barrow; I remember the day I looked in the mirror and told the other guy in the truck "That flying wheelbarrow looks kinda like ours..." it was. funny thing was it landed right side up on the highway, (and not in somebodies windshield.)

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Never eat yellow snow.

chuck bow
01-01-2007, 10:12 PM
MAN hope no one calls us air heads or worse

kalyeah
01-02-2007, 12:40 AM
some will probably disagree with this but I'd say don't hire a friend. I have a friend working with me and I'm not planning on using him next year. Going to tell him this week and I'm not looking forward to it.

smcunningham
01-02-2007, 01:20 AM
accidently put two stroke mix in non two stroke push mower and wonder why its smoking......took 20 mins to figure out why,after I had the carb 1/2 way off...........:laugh:

lawnboyblake
01-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Never eat yellow snow.

I just wish we had snow to eat......Yellow or not.....:cry:

Gilgamesh
01-02-2007, 01:47 AM
I was rockin' out with headphones on and got halfway through a large residential property before I realized my blades weren't engaged! D'oh!

Chop Stuff Up
01-02-2007, 03:58 AM
I didn't come to a complete stop at a stopsign once and proceeded to pull up to the customer's house. I get out to cut and a cop has me pulled over in font of their house. I didn't even notice he had me pulled over. That didn't look very good.

stumpslawncare
01-02-2007, 09:43 AM
On a Walker GHS unit, make sure you have the blades on the correct sides. I mowed several passes before I realised what was wrong. They just don't cut backwards.

Done that before

Total.Lawn.Care
01-02-2007, 10:28 AM

It is amazing how these mowers like to eat newspapers. We have a new rule, any newspaper on the drive or in the lawn goes on the door step before any equipment comes off the trailer. This is not for the customer, but just so we do not shred the paper then have to clean it up....

Encino Lawns
01-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Never off load your bobcat pulling w/ Z71 on a slope- truck will do wheely and land on what ever is in front er like another truck.

PaperCutter
01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
If you nick the freon hose on the A/C unit at an apartment complex with your hedge trimmers, all you'll accomplish by trying to jam chewing gum over the hole is a frostbitten thumb.

newbomb
01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Stop taking customers mid summer that say "My last Lawn Service just stopped showing up....I don't know why?":dizzy:
I'm get so tired of taking these customer. I get 3-4 of these mid-summer and they almost always turn out to be Pita's, slow or no pay.
Fact is it's a 50/50 gamble who's at fault and I'm done gambling unless I get funds up-front or I talk to the last LCO myself.

Also stop using the wrong damn mix in my stihl chainsaw. Stop working on stihl product just because they won't run you dumb azz...you used the wrong mix again....man I suck!:hammerhead:

I will never again take on a customer in mid season unless they are a new homeowner. If the old guy stopped coming there was a reason. 9 times out of 10 PITA.

kipcom
01-02-2007, 05:36 PM
This has got to be one of the FUNNIEST :laugh: threads I have ever read on here !!!

I can relate to a bunch of them because I too have had my share of Ut' O's ((( hope nobody was watching)))))) episodes........

Episode # 399.... Employee takes truck & enclosed trailer to jobsite (40min drive)..opens trailer and it is EMPTY !!!! {{{{ somebody forgot to tell him to take the white truck that day}}}} and I proccede to ask WHY ? would you ^%$#^#$@#^%&^%(&^&*^&* go all the way there and then LOOK inside the trailer.

Take extra spool of trimmer string in pocket....never fails you will run out when your at max distance from the lawn trailer.

chuck bow
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Not trying to bash you at all and was just wondering after looking at your sig line I thought a guy name hittle was #1 in snow plowing in indy or maybe he was #2 behind mainscape who is one of the countries top 100 firms

barefootlawnsandlandscape
01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Always start trimming and edging at the farthest point on the property from the truck. I hate seeing my guys get to that point and start walking back to the truck.

Don't put the pins that hold up the trailor gate on the rails before you unload a load of leaves, always put it in your pocket. Buried both under a huge pile of leaves, wasted 1.5 hrs going to Lowes to get some replacements.

chuck bow
01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Always start trimming and edging at the farthest point on the property from the truck. I hate seeing my guys get to that point and start walking back to the truck.

Whats the point you have to walk to back of property to get there to start trimming then walk towards truck same amount of steps just doing it a different way

Turfcutters Plus
01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
When accused of overgrown bushes,don't get angry with customer.But KEEP THY BIG MOUTH SHUT!I lost my best customer.The only one i got $100 for x-mas.She used to give me sssssooooooo much work.She was too far away though.I definately don't miss running out there when it snows.:hammerhead:

LawnTamer
01-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Don't put the pins that hold up the trailor gate on the rails before you unload a load of leaves, always put it in your pocket. Buried both under a huge pile of leaves, wasted 1.5 hrs going to Lowes to get some replacements.

Attach the pins to your trailer with some 1/16" cable from Home Depot, it'll be about the best $2 you ever spent.

Dean of Green
01-07-2007, 01:54 AM
after a long winter and your walkbehind won't start and you want to take it apart and maybe rebuild the carb. make sure the gas is on.

JD, lmao. Bright side: You checked the carb for water in the process.

JKOOPERS
01-07-2007, 04:38 AM
this happened to a friend of mine i swear it wasnt me . his brother was plowing and the truck needed fuel , so he stopped and put 8 gals of diesel fuel in the hydraulic reservoir. the bad he just had the whole system flush and all new filters put on . cost him $400 total to fix .

FinalCut05
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM

My number one rule... don't ask...

Erics Lawn Care LLC
01-07-2007, 11:19 PM
No matter how expensive the clients house cost, if they have sheets for curtains--it's not a good sign! Also, every time I heard the "my other guy never came back" they were a slow pay or no pay customer. Customers will tell on themselves if you let them.

Lawntime Mowers
01-08-2007, 01:53 AM
I will never again take on a customer in mid season unless they are a new homeowner. If the old guy stopped coming there was a reason. 9 times out of 10 PITA.

Yup....learned this the hard way to darn many times.
I'm done with the "feel sorry for me Pita" my lawn boy stopped showing up for no reason. Ya whatever!!!!!!!!

HOOLIE
01-08-2007, 02:29 AM

Really??? That's how I got half my clientele, in mid-season...they are all good customers, they tell me "HOOLIE we used to be wayward PITA's but thanks to your tough-love you have shown us how it's gonna be and gotta be and we like it like that"

Also..."Never covet thy customer's daughter"

topsites
01-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Also..."Never covet thy customer's daughter"

Or the wife :laugh:

fiveoboy01
01-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Make sure your gate is up before you move your rig 50 feet to finish edging the curb:)

Don't go out to bush hog half an acre with a brushcutter, only to find you left the brushcutter head at home:)

When cutting un-developed lots with a rotary mower, ALWAYS keep the chute down, or you might put a rock through someone's siding:)

sildoc
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Make sure empty plastic garbage cans are secure or else they will be smacking the person behind you when the wind catches them right.

2menandamower
01-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Hold on to the trailer gate when you pull the "first" pin out. It may be the only one holding the gate up because the other one popped out during the drive to the lawn you are mowing and the gate comes at you as you are walking to the other side and clocks you in the head........Ouch it is a bummer to start a lawn with a headache......

firefightergw
01-08-2007, 04:48 PM
As much of a pain as it is sometimes, it is quicker to pick up the Sunday paper and put it on the customer's porch then it is to rake it up after you've sucked it into your blades.

firefightergw
01-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Keep your eyes up when mowing under trees....or wear a helmet. Knock myself silly several times a year on low tree branches and most of the time it's the same branch.

lawnspecialties
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Keep your eyes up when mowing under trees....or wear a helmet. Knock myself silly several times a year on low tree branches and most of the time it's the same branch.

firefightergw, did you ever get my pm from a few weeks ago?

Signature Landscaping1
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Dont run over lacrosse balls. They do damage, especially to cars.

firefightergw
01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
firefightergw, did you ever get my pm from a few weeks ago?
No, are PMs working again?

wowmowwow
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
now that is funny...i did that and took the gas bowl off to drain it...

NE Wisconsin
01-09-2007, 04:40 AM
Don't u feel so stupid when the customer is just coming home and u turn to see them just starring at you, then u finally realize ur blades aren't engaged. haha yea i kno the feeling

lawnspecialties
01-09-2007, 08:27 AM
No, are PMs working again?

They have been for me. I sent you a long one about the Quick36:confused:

txgrassguy
01-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Getting married again. Whew, I'm out over sixty grand since Mar '06 and she wants another $150K. I knew I should have stayed with hookers.

Sir mowsalot
01-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Make sure your trailer is LOCKED onto the ball hitch before driving off in the morning. I still dont know how my trailer didnt come off on the highway.

Inman's lawn care
01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Dont get in a hurry and leave your brand new backpack blower on the finder of the trailer as you notice it skipping past your front driver side door as you hit the brakes to turn a corner. :hammerhead:

Yes I agree always keep your eyes up and your head down when rounding a tree. 3 stitches and $175.00 later. :cry:

1st Rate Lawns
01-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Never run mower onto trailer with blades engaged. Employee actually did this!

Never believe employees that all equipment is in truck. Spent three hours tracking down a blower after ten hour day.

Never wave at customer when driving a Stander. Man my chest still hurts. And almost every time someone waves!

topsites
01-13-2007, 05:12 AM
In most cases, please note the correct order of facial expression:
1) :confused:
2) :o
(insert pause)
3) :laugh:

Here's one:

Do NOT take your automobile to the mechanic shop with NO wait time for a simple repair because you can't stand to wait all day in line.
You would think, a $15 thing wouldn't be so bad, even the shop with only 2-3 cars in the lot can handle it?
Next time, I'll seriously consider playing the lottery first.

p.s.: During peak of season, however, I may reconsider this: The job was done right, it just cost a lot more.

Mike's All Season Service
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
During leaf season, When you never know what the weather is going to be. Make sure when you start to take your sweatshirts and hats off, That you Don't set them down in the area where your loading the leaves. Oh and always make sure you know where the leaf loader hose is at. MAN THOSE THINGS ARE POWERFULL!!!

dwlah
01-13-2007, 03:26 PM
DAMHIKIJK
Make sure the ROPS bar is up when your mowing a cemetary
Otherwise you may have to set one of those granite markers back up:hammerhead:

freddyc
01-13-2007, 04:12 PM
always make sure your zipper is up before talking to the customers wife

if you think someone is watching you pee in the corner of the customers yard, you're probably right

if that area looks a little too muddy to support your skid steer, it probably is

you can easily calculate the number of times you will bang your head on that branch this year by just adding up the number of times you did it last year

if you think those bees can out run you, you're probably right

if you think you can make it thru that last customer without filling your gas tank again, you're probably wrong

yes, the velocity of that rock you kicked up is sufficient to propel it thru that window

no, your mower will not clear that garden hose the customer left out

yes, theres a good chance that the red mulch you scraped along that walkway will leave a stain

true, it will be you that gets pulled over for non-working trailer lights--doesn't matter if the electrical plug looked OK

Josh.S
01-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Make sure trailer is hooked up before trying to load ZTR's.... I about landed my trailer tounge on top of the tailgate..... twice..

RedMax Man
01-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't mow with the side sidcharge chute facing the swimming pool.

If your trailer is parked up hill make sure all wheeled equipment is secured. Dropped the tailgate walked up and moved the 21" mower and then see the walk behind edger go rolling off the trailer... thankfully i was able to catch it befor it hit a parked car.

Saw some wacked out, beer drinking, spanish speaking guys who had no clue as to how to do anything the right way and safely. They were grading my neighbors backyard and putting some drainage in.
1st they didn't know that Bobcat skidsteers don't operate well in deep mudd when they don't have tracks. Sure enough they got stuck on a steep bank in the mud next to a fence. They call a tow truck but the driver is smart enough not to get stuck or involved in the mess. Finally they dig it out by hand.

Next they deside to move there rented Bobcat's trailer off the road by lifting the pintle hitch with the Bobcat's bucket. Thay didn't know that trailer won't stay on they bucket when it's not attached. The street has a downgrade so when they drive the Bobcat backwards and then attempt to make a sharp turn into the driveway with it, the trailer falls off and starts rolling down the street. So the Bobcat operator speeds forward and drives infront of the runaway trailer. the trailer slams into the side of the bucket before hitting the customer's parked car.

Then the customers son had to explain how to put the wheel chock on the opposite side of the trailer that is away from the house so it doesn't swing and hit the house but goes the other way of it ever moved.

The guy in charge of the whole gang which had a smoke in one hand and beer in the other most of the time even while operating the Bobcat wanted to hire one of the customers sons to work for $40 a day. These boys were dirt cheap and so was their work.

These wern't the brightest guys... sure was happy when they were done the job which looked horrible.:dizzy: :hammerhead: :drinkup:

Turfcutters Plus
01-14-2007, 03:57 PM
always make sure your zipper is up before talking to the customers wife

if you think someone is watching you pee in the corner of the customers yard, you're probably right

if that area looks a little too muddy to support your skid steer, it probably is

you can easily calculate the number of times you will bang your head on that branch this year by just adding up the number of times you did it last year

if you think those bees can out run you, you're probably right

if you think you can make it thru that last customer without filling your gas tank again, you're probably wrong

yes, the velocity of that rock you kicked up is sufficient to propel it thru that window

no, your mower will not clear that garden hose the customer left out

yes, theres a good chance that the red mulch you scraped along that walkway will leave a stain

true, it will be you that gets pulled over for non-working trailer lights--doesn't matter if the electrical plug looked OK
Man,that's some funny stuff!:laugh:

ribbie78
01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
one of my first years working on a crew i remember seeing one of our trailer wheels passing us on the right while driving to our next stop.

Apparently it came off and the driver slowed down feeling something 'funny' and that old trailer wheel kept rollin' on by.

I thought it was pretty funny but the guy driving didn't... luckily it was a tandem axle trailer so there wasn't any major damage; besides ego

Diz
01-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Make sure the yard you are mowing for the 1rst time is indeed your new customers place.

oak1787
01-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Make sure trailer is hooked up before trying to load ZTR's.... I about landed my trailer tounge on top of the tailgate..... twice..

Hi did that .lol made a nice little spot on the tailgate of the truck:hammerhead:

mattfromNY
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Never get too close to the basement windows with the blower at full throttle.:hammerhead:

Shopkeeper
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM
You CAN do all the work yourself, don't hire someone you think will be okay to work with...they won't be.

AllanP
01-16-2007, 02:31 AM

Done that omg and it was the sunday edition. Newspapers send out so much confetti..its like Mardi Gras.;)
Only done it once and that was enough. I learned my lesson.

Make sure you or your partner lifted the ramp before you head down the highway. Very embarassing when everyones staring at you and you have no idea why.:hammerhead:

Miller Lawn Care
06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
For thoe off us who use ramps on the trailer, make sure you have BOTH ramps down, not just one. Makes for a very exciting ride though. And make sure the ramps you are using are not the angle iron ones that come with the trailer. Some ZTR tires fit right in between and Wheelies going up onto the trailer are scary!!!!

A-1 LAWN
06-03-2011, 10:32 AM

just did this one!!

jacup84
06-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Make sure when you go talk to the customers wife in a dress that your backpack blower is off! yes it will blow her dress up at idle

rustyj
06-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Start working to pay the bills... lol this thread is five years old this must of taken some time to find lol

probe1957
06-03-2011, 01:54 PM
It is 5 years old but still funny. :)

gebby
06-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Can't say that I have done all of these but, I have done quite a few. Find something that works and stick with it. Alway's do things in the same order.

lyndont
06-04-2011, 12:55 AM

Ha glad someone else has done that except I almost beat mine to death before I figured it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

jetedwardz
06-04-2011, 04:15 AM
if ur using a bottle in the truck as a toilet dont use one with an oj label

Miller Lawn Care
06-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Start working to pay the bills... lol this thread is five years old this must of taken some time to find lol

I see that now. haha was seraching for help with hydro problems and this was in the search and thought it was funny. didnt even look at the date. :sleeping::dizzy: one of those weeks:hammerhead:

outlaw1960
06-04-2011, 03:45 PM
if ur using a bottle in the truck as a toilet dont use one with an oj label

Lmao......thats funny

grass-scapes
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
If you nick the freon hose on the A/C unit at an apartment complex with your hedge trimmers, all you'll accomplish by trying to jam chewing gum over the hole is a frostbitten thumb.

I cut a gas line with hedge trimmers once. Didn't know it until I smelled gas. Shut the pruners off in a hurry.