PDA

View Full Version : What about.......

fejical
06-29-2001, 07:40 PM
What about toro and exmark? which do you find better? any problems with either brand? what would be better for a newbie like me? which will last? which offers more in the long run?

Thanks again
Jeff

lawnman_scott
06-29-2001, 08:13 PM
I think the difference is do you want pistol grips or a t-bar, and how are the two dealers that you will have to deal with? thats the only difference i can think of if your talking about a walk behind, they are both good. You have to consider the dealer very heavily, i have one of each, both are great mowers. The exmark dealer is great, parts are alwasy there, service is quick. The toro dealer is soooooo slow, never has any parts, sometimes to get them quicker i have to pay shipping. Quite obviously not all Toro dealers are this bad, and not all exmark dealers are this good, but this is something that should be considered, how good is the dealer that YOU will be dealing with. Are they open saturday? ect. Do you have to wait in line behind 15 homeowners that are in once a year to have a blade sharpened? dont just look at the mower itself, thats just a personal preference for the most part once you get past the grips, and maybe the floating deck, but both are good. sorry to ramble.

1MajorTom
06-29-2001, 08:13 PM
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Lawnsite. Try using the search button at the top right of the page. Much has been discussed about both of those brands.

Lots of reading there. Then if you still have some questions, just ask away. Keep in mind, to get a good accurate opinion on these machines, you should let us know a little more about your situation.

What type of properties will you be cutting? How many properties per week? Are you looking for a walkbehind, or a ztr, etc?

We have Exmark, and we are pleased with the performance. Also have read many good things about Toro too.