PDA

View Full Version : Redmax blower throttles

S man
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Which redmax blower throttle is better, tube wount or hip mount? Any opinions?

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 04:25 PM
I prefer the hip mount because it is can be adjusted at different hights and can be folded up when in use or not without getting damaged. If the controls are are the tube they're more likely to get damaged. I think the tube mount is an option so it might cost more than the standard hipmount.

carcrz
12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
I prefer the hip mount. My Stihl BR 600 has the tube mount & at first, I felt off-balance when I was walking. One thing I like about the tube mount though is that I can also carry a handheld blower so I can blow twice as much stuff if need be.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
12-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I get the hip mount on every back pack.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
12-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I prefer hip mount as well.

S man
12-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Hip mount is good. I have it on my echo.

JimLewis
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Hip mount here too. But I'll warn you - they can break off if you're not careful. I've got a few EBZ8000 blowers and one day my guys brought it to me and had broken the throttle mount completely off the blower. They were tossing it into the trailer too hard or something. Still, they had done that for years with the Echo Blowers we had traditionally used with no problems. But the big difference is Echo hip-mount blowers have a flexible throttle shaft. The Redmax is not flexible. AND it's attached to this casing that encases the entire blower. And not cheap to replace. So I was a little bummed about that. I wish the throttle mount was flexible like the Echos.

Still a great machine though. Blows friggin' small boulders down the road, if you want.

metro36
01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
My echo has hip and I love it. It is much tougher than tube and because mine is flexible it can really take a beating.

J&R Landscaping
01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
For the Redmax bp blowers, I prefer the hip mounted throttle.

S man
01-01-2007, 09:57 PM
My echo has hip and I love it. It is much tougher than tube and because mine is flexible it can really take a beating.

Yes echo's hip mounts are durable.