PDA

View Full Version : Landscape and Property pictures from this summer

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Here is a bunch of assorted pictures of our work from this past season.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Small landscape construction. Installed 6x6 landscape ties.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Lawn Maintenance...

DSLND
12-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Everything looks awesome! In the picture where you made the mulch bed did u dig it up by hand, or use a sod cutter or did u do it some way else? Thanks! -Mitch-

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Ripped up everything, regraded and layed new mulch. Who ever did this before us didn't know what they were doing because there was 3 layers of thick black plastic not landscape fabric that we had to pull out. That kid is my buddy.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Everything looks awesome! In the picture where you made the mulch bed did u dig it up by hand, or use a sod cutter or did u do it some way else? Thanks! -Mitch-

I used a Little Wonder walk behind edger to cut it.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Hedge and shrub trimming and pruning: Before - After

DSLND
12-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I used a Little Wonder walk behind edger to cut it.

Ok Thanks! Very impressive work youve done there, im in the process of using Microsoft Powerpoint to make a portfolio of my work both lawn and landscape and im going to print it out and put it in a three ring binder and take it to present to customers. -Mitch-

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok Thanks! Very impressive work youve done there, im in the process of using Microsoft Powerpoint to make a portfolio of my work both lawn and landscape and im going to print it out and put it in a three ring binder and take it to present to customers. -Mitch-

Ya i did that too so i got a bunch of pics. of my work that i carry with me and show to possible customers.

KS_Grasscutter
12-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow, VERY nice work! I really love the Walker stripes. I am hoping to make some of those myself next season, IF I can get a 42" MCGHS cheap enough.

I noticed in one picture, your friend was actually helping. I can't figure that out, because whenever I have friends help me, they are standing around talking on their phone, screwing with their I-Pod, or "texting" (I STILL can't figure up whats sooooo cool about texting, seems like a MAJOR pain in the ass to me).

Anyway, very good work. I wish I could landscape like that. All the landscaping I have ever done pretty much SUCKS... I just like to mow:laugh: .

Uranus
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
THANK YOU for wasting 3 minutes of my time. Why the hell would you post pictures like that. What are you trying to prove. That your some punk kid with dads mower, trimmer, blower, and a wheel barrow out there trying to save the world.
Look back at your pics The first job looks like hell. The befores are better looking. I hope they held back your labor fees and only paid for the mulch. You edging lines are terrible and if you look close you didn't even line up the large pieces of wood filler in that crap mulch you bought. Red mulch is for homeowners to put down not so called professionals.
Then your second job makes me wanna throw up in my mouth and swallow. What you cant sell them a planting. How nice would it have been for you to up sell them some plants and add some color to that ugly stone wall? Timber and loam. Wow took you a week to think of that solution didn't it. Just think, If you would have sold them on a perennial planting the road slat would have done a number on the plants, and you could get them to pay you to replant them. THINK $$$$$$$$ in your pocket. Oh wait you give daddy a cut of what you make for "rental fee" for the equipment you take from his shed.
And WOW who hasn't seen the next house. That must be your pride and joy house cuz you posted 30 pics of your dads gear in front of it a month ago. Nice wheelbarrow you got. Glad we got to see that.
Last but not least, the house with the green shutters. What you dont know what GRASS SEED is. Oh wait I forgot they dont teach you how to grow grass in remedial spelling. Yea I'm saying you dont know how to spell. What some advice- click on spell check next time you post something

Uranus
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
:laugh: TAG YOUR IT :laugh: Personal joke guys-don't hate

climber
12-31-2006, 07:49 PM
William... Your a total ****** bag... Just shut your mouth and let it go!
Wait "Tag Your It" Joke Time.... NOT.

Dan

tthomass
12-31-2006, 07:55 PM
with_the_6x6's..........cut_a_45_degree_from_the_middle........gives_a_little_extra_detail_to_the_wo rk...............sorry_keyoard_is_almost_dead

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 08:03 PM
THANK YOU for wasting 3 minutes of my time. Why the hell would you post pictures like that. What are you trying to prove. That your some punk kid with dads mower, trimmer, blower, and a wheel barrow out there trying to save the world.
Look back at your pics The first job looks like hell. The befores are better looking. I hope they held back your labor fees and only paid for the mulch. You edging lines are terrible and if you look close you didn't even line up the large pieces of wood filler in that crap mulch you bought. Red mulch is for homeowners to put down not so called professionals.
Then your second job makes me wanna throw up in my mouth and swallow. What you cant sell them a planting. How nice would it have been for you to up sell them some plants and add some color to that ugly stone wall? Timber and loam. Wow took you a week to think of that solution didn't it. Just think, If you would have sold them on a perennial planting the road slat would have done a number on the plants, and you could get them to pay you to replant them. THINK $$$$$$$$ in your pocket. Oh wait you give daddy a cut of what you make for "rental fee" for the equipment you take from his shed.
And WOW who hasn't seen the next house. That must be your pride and joy house cuz you posted 30 pics of your dads gear in front of it a month ago. Nice wheelbarrow you got. Glad we got to see that.
Last but not least, the house with the green shutters. What you dont know what GRASS SEED is. Oh wait I forgot they dont teach you how to grow grass in remedial spelling. Yea I'm saying you dont know how to spell. What some advice- click on spell check next time you post something

Every tool i own and use got bought and paid pure out of my own pocket so i haven't got any handouts from my dad. If you looked at the mulch and edging facing it head on then you would see that it does line up with all of the plants and shrubs. I hate red mulch but they had to have it and wanted the bed shaped like that. All my other clients get hemlock mulch. Tried to sell them on plants but they didn't want them at all. That wasn't the final pic. of the back because i added more mulch and edged it. Those people had to have the 6x6 pt timbers ,not my choice. Sorry i've posted to many pics. of that house. I know what grass seed is. ok i'll use spell check. Why did you have to get so mad? No i'm not trying to prove anything or showoff just want to share some of my work like the rest on here do. I'm not a punk either.

W.L.S.27
12-31-2006, 08:10 PM
RedmaxMan, Everything looks excellent. Keep up the good work. Lets see some pics of the new truck!

-Chris

Uranus
12-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Guys listen up. Sorry you dont have good relation with other members but Redmaxman knows it was a joke. Just chill. Sorry you cant find humor in a post like that when everything that he showed us looked pretty good. Personally he does a very nice job and prices things correctly. Some of you younger guys should get to know this kid cuz he can teach you a lot.

RedMax Man
12-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Guys listen up. Sorry you dont have good relation with other members but Redmaxman knows it was a joke. Just chill. Sorry you cant find humor in a post like that when everything that he showed us looked pretty good. Personally he does a very nice job and prices things correctly. Some of you younger guys should get to know this kid cuz he can teach you a lot.
Ya, i was pretty sure it was a joke but replied anyway to clarify a few things. Should i post more?

zim bob the landscaper
12-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Ya, i was pretty sure it was a joke but replied anyway to clarify a few things. Should i post more?

ya i really like those installs also like the wall. looks great man. since we arnt getting any snow to plow i just want to go out mowing. very good work.

Idealtim
01-01-2007, 12:35 AM
I'd hire ya!!!

JDWalkbehind
01-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Ya i did that too so i got a bunch of pics. of my work that i carry with me and show to possible customers.

so do you think this helped get customers at all or not? thanks

nick

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 12:50 AM
so do you think this helped get customers at all or not? thanks

nick

I don't know, haven't showed it to very many people and sometimes forget i even have it because its in the back of my clipboard case.

JDWalkbehind
01-01-2007, 12:53 AM
thanks for the comment

nick

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 12:59 AM
RedmaxMan, Everything looks excellent. Keep up the good work. Lets see some pics of the new truck!

-Chris

thanks, I will get some pics. of the truck at some point.

tthomass
01-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Your bed edge looks to be cut well but don't be afraid to really pull it out a good foot more into the yard in some places. Generally you want just one smooth motion and leave the lots of little "wiggles" for tight places or formal gardens. Also you will open up places for additional plants and undergrowth.

Is this an actual customer or a family members house or what???

I would stay away from the red mulch.........if red is a must, use Nandina 'Firepower'.

The rear slope I would watch for the mulch washing down. Maybe a groundcover and some shrubs (Skip Laurel or Otto) to hide the deck and foundation.

These plants may not work in your area but you can look at some pictures and get the idea of what they'll do for you in color and screening.

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Your bed edge looks to be cut well but don't be afraid to really pull it out a good foot more into the yard in some places. Generally you want just one smooth motion and leave the lots of little "wiggles" for tight places or formal gardens. Also you will open up places for additional plants and undergrowth.

Is this an actual customer or a family members house or what???

I would stay away from the red mulch.........if red is a must, use Nandina 'Firepower'.

The rear slope I would watch for the mulch washing down. Maybe a groundcover and some shrubs (Skip Laurel or Otto) to hide the deck and foundation.

These plants may not work in your area but you can look at some pictures and get the idea of what they'll do for you in color and screening.

Thanks for all of the tips. Thats exactly how the client wanted their edge cut with little wiggles and close to the shrubs. They had to have that ugly and chemical red mulch too, tried to talk them out of it but thats what they really like. Yes the mulch on the back isn't the nicest or smartest but again that what they want. they also didn't want and plants to make it look nicer or hide the underneath uf the deck and hold u the hill. I did add more mulch to the rear and edged it. The only place where it washes out al little is where the roof drip line is but it just leaves a small hole if it rains heavily. I will see this season, maybe they will want to do some improvements. They are client and aren't related to me. None of my clients are relatives. Thanks again.

MysticLandscape
01-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Judging by your lawns your going to love using the walker, I have yet to see a lawn that it won't be able to do.

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Judging by your lawns your going to love using the walker, I have yet to see a lawn that it won't be able to do.
Thats just a few of the lawns. Ya most of the properties will be mowable with the Walker. There are only a few sections on some of them where its too steep to mow nicely with one so i will use the Toro WB.

S man
01-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Ah I see the infamous redmax trimmers in those pics.

I'm really going to far with that aren't I? lol

DixieFerris
01-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I can always tell Walker stripes. Crooked, with wheel marks all thru them, what a shame. Other than that, not bad kid

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I can always tell Walker stripes. Crooked, with wheel marks all thru them, what a shame. Other than that, not bad kid
Actually none of those lawns pictured were cut by a Walker. They were done with a Toro 48" walkbehind. Ya, some of them arn't very nice, i have done much better.

lawnproslawncare
03-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey Redmax,
What did you use to do the edging? Do you give an estimate and walk through with some turf paint to show how the edging will be done? I'm thinking of finding a program where I can take a digital picture and edit in new mulch and stuff. I saw a post on here somewhere, do you think i could find it again?

RedMax Man
03-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey Redmax,
What did you use to do the edging? Do you give an estimate and walk through with some turf paint to show how the edging will be done? I'm thinking of finding a program where I can take a digital picture and edit in new mulch and stuff. I saw a post on here somewhere, do you think i could find it again?

Wow! this brings back memories, this is an old thread. I used a Little Wonder walk behind edger. I do use turf paint sometimes to show where i will edge. Yes there is landscape designs software but its expensive and not worth the money imo if all you want to do is show how a few things would be done. I would only use it or major renovations or new construction properties.

lawnproslawncare
03-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Hey,
Ok, sounds sensible. Man, I went out yesterday shopping for sum of my major accounts this year. At first I was thinking that I would have trouble attracting the commercial accounts to a new business that offers more than the mow n go (not that there's anything wrong with the setup) company. Its funny how even though the economy is shaky they still start with the, "well we have this sign thats a little rusty". I think the truth is, my area just might need a company structured like this.

TXNSLighting
03-11-2008, 10:22 AM
whats the deal with the red mulch?!

RedMax Man
03-11-2008, 04:26 PM
whats the deal with the red mulch?!

You realize these pics are old right? Ugly stuff thats for sure. I'm not gonna let them use that junk this spring.:)