PDA

View Full Version : New Idea

smcunningham
01-01-2007, 01:40 AM
I did a few sod repairs @ a couple of my clients....I would stress to them the importance of watering the new or repaired/seeded areas. The customers concerns were not remembering to water or not having enough time to do it...... I have a lot of extra stuff from doing irrigation work...
I'm going to use one of my Rainbird or Hunter controllers and make a sealed box that the controller and a valve goes in..........and have set up so I can plug a extension cord and garden hose in one end and out the other end I could hook up another garden hose and run it to a spray or rotor heads in area of need....
This eliminates the customer from having to water and I know its getting done...........
It would also make me feel more comfortable w/ giving a gurentee.
Some how charge for the use and set up of a temporary irr/water system
What does everbody think???????

Any ideas on what to charge

thanks for reading

Runner
01-01-2007, 01:59 AM
We use the timers that are available at Home depot. I have a few of them, and just let the customers use them for awhile. No cords, just hook it either to the spigot, or inline.

smcunningham
01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
bump........

JimLewis
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I do it the same way runner does. The $30 timers they sell at home depot just for this purpose work great. They run on 4 AA batteries (no A/C power needed), and then I just get a cheap hose and a nice brass impact sprinkler. I place the impact sprinkler so that it covers the area needed, and set the timer for them. And I almost always charge them for my time, and the materials. Then they get to keep the timer, hose, etc. There are a few occasions where I charged them only for my time and kept the timers for the next job. But then I charged the next customer for them.

This is much simpler than the way you described with an irrigation controller, extension cords, wires, valves, etc. No need for all that.

Fantasy Lawns
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Yep that's what we do ... those little timers are perfect ...infact we did an install at a Doc Office n this one little area like 600 sq ft ....

We did put 2 Hunter heads in ....ran pvc in the ground ran this into a box at ground level plumed it into the spiket with the battery timer n bam ....

Easy quick budget install ...the area is surround by concrete wall n sidewalk's n to run electric out there was out of budget .... we do the regular maintenance n part of that is replacing the batteries like 4 times a year (at $20 per pop)

smcunningham
01-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I actually have a few of those batt operated ones from home cheapo.
Never thought about using them .. .. .. much much much simpler
thanks again:waving: