PDA

View Full Version : Toro

BobcatBoy06
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone has run the toro with the out-front deck and the rear bagger that is set up similar to the walkers? How do these mowers preform and hold up?

oldturf
01-02-2007, 01:34 AM
They quit making them for a reason.

tomo
01-02-2007, 03:58 PM
hello, which model ???????
tomo

LCPullman
01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
They quit making them for a reason.

They quit making them because they don't sell like the mid-mounts.

The Z355 is a pretty good mower. Has a lower center of gravity than most mid-mounts. Lacks some of the features too.

pclawncare
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
They quit making them because they suck. I have 2 walkers and have demo both the exmark and toro. I didnt like either. Too many things to say about why i didnt like them. Scag tried making one also and idk if they are still making them but as far as im concerned walker is the best. I know i will get alot of post about how my opinion is bias and everything else, but i have tried all the compeditors except the scag and id rather drive walkers. I had one post somewhere else on this site about the exmark and went into excessive details about why i didnt like them, and i still got people sayin that you dont know what your talking about because you have never used one.

LCPullman
01-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Walker is the expert on front-mount mowers of that type, so you can't beat them.

However, if you are looking at a used Toro front-mount for a good price, it is still a good mower.

BobcatBoy06
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
I just wanted to see how you guys felt about them, I've run a few over the years and I wasn't actually that impressed by them. I had the opportunity to buy a demo unit with about a 100hrs on it for 6500, so I just wanted to see how everyone felt.

pclawncare
01-03-2007, 01:42 AM
That is not too bad of a price, but again you are gettin a machine that is used. Also for that price for another thousand dollars you can probably get close to a 18hp walker brand new. I really think that you will be much happier with a walker, but you are a business man and that is your call. Try to demo a toro and then a walker. Personaly if the grass is not crazy tall or really wet an 18 will run a 48" just fine, but the 20 is nice.

tomo
01-03-2007, 03:13 AM
hello, if it is a z355 from memory they run a large hydraulic cooler in front of the air intake [not good if it operates in a hot climate eg feeding hot air to a air cooled engine cooling fins ]
2/ does it have the removable plates to allow access to the cylinder head fins [clean out with compressed air etc]to prevent overheating .
3/ 2x companies i know of had the above problems and other issues .They both now own diesel walkers
4/ in saying the above overall they do have there issuses but i guess, like every machine not 100 % bullet proof .
tomo

LwnmwrMan22
01-03-2007, 07:48 AM
A competitor (friend) of mine had one for about 2 months, got an attorney, and got the dealer to take it back.

I was leary of them at first too, and after hearing his reasons, was glad I didn't go for it.

Like was earlier stated, even if they sold SOME, they'd still be selling them.

They're no good.

If you wanted that unit for $6500, I'd offer $5000, and tell the dealer you'll stick to that $5,000 whenever they decide they wanted to dump the unit.

You'll get it eventually.