PDA

View Full Version : Use your Walker mower to mow your putting green...

Jason Rose
01-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Well here's something I never knew existed... :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walker-mower-reel-mower-attachment-48_W0QQitemZ330068830510QQihZ014QQcategoryZ50377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pretty cool for those that have some lawns that are high maintenence bermuda or zoysia down south, or if you just like your lawn to be 1/2" lol.

carcrz
01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I came across that the other day. Seems a little pricey though.

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I've seen those but i don't need it. Walker make many attachments for just about any job.

Jason Rose
01-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I came across that the other day. Seems a little pricey though.

Well, It's about half of it's original price... lol
Have you priced commercial reel mowers? :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: Just a walk behind tee/grees mower is $3,000 to $4,000 ! 3 gang riders are $12K+
Not sure what they thought the market would be on such an accessory for a Walker mower though. Maybe it's popular in Europe where they do mow a LOT lower than we do here?

carcrz
01-01-2007, 04:50 PM
I think they did call it a European Reel mower. Or, I read that somewhere about it - maybe the manufacturer's website or something. We don't have any use for it here though.

Oldtimer
01-01-2007, 05:05 PM
They may call it a European Mower but it's made in Opp, Alabama by Locke.

Oldtimer

Willofalltrades
01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Not sure what they thought the market would be on such an accessory for a Walker mower though. Maybe it's popular in Europe where they do mow a LOT lower than we do here?

Yea there are certain parts of town that have entire lawns that are cut with reel mowers. There entire lawn looks like a putting green. This would kill on those. Also, if you think about it a walker could be quite usefull on a golf coarse.

corey1977
01-02-2007, 09:37 AM
yea I have a broucher from locke about them if I had a walker I would use the reel mower in the summer and change back to ghs in the fall to pick up leaves and pine niddles

dave k
01-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, I demoed that this past year and demoed one when they first came out when Virgil Williams first made them, I was in his shop when he was just manufacturing it and trying to work out the kinks, That was before he sold his company. I have 1 acre of Emerald Zoysia and it did a lousy job cutting, I made 2 turns around the property and saw enough, I also have the Locke/Walker DVD and it didn't work no where near like it showed on the DVD, maybe it was just the way it was set up? It wouldn't turn while cutting, had to do a K turn to turn around, my property is flat too! I do own a C 125 Locke which I bought from Virgil when he had his shop in Grayson Ga. The Locke walkbehind is in my mind the best reel out there and I love the controls. I hope BushHog can work out more of the kinks and lower the cost, it may than take off in sales, but not before IMO. Happy New Year to all.
Dave