PDA

View Full Version : How are Royal Cargo trailers?

ALarsh
01-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Input on these enclosed trailers? I'm looking at the 7x16 with the following for $4,000:

Bright front corners
24” inch diamond plate stoneguard
Undercoated frame
2 interior lights and switch
Roof vent
Ramp door
2 rear stabilizer jacks
36” side door
¾” Plywood flooring
DOT exterior lighting
Sealed beam tail lights
6” inch tube frame
3/16” Luan interior walls
2 5/16” inch coupler
Aluminum fenders
24” O/C sidewall
24” O/C roof and floor
2 x 3500lb dexter spring brake axle
EZ lube hubs
ST205/75D15 bias tires
2000 lb top wind jack w/ sandpad
.030 aluminum exterior

Brakes are on all wheels on tandems*

Hitch height 18” approx
GVWR 7000 lbs
Interior height 72”
Interior width 80”
Exterior height 97”
Rear door opening height 66”
Rear door width 77”

http://www.royalcargotrailers.com/cargo_rtt.asp

Idealtim
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Kinda off topic but I remember you saying you had the perfect size trailer for your equipment?

ALarsh
01-01-2007, 07:00 PM
For open I do.. but my parents are starting to get on my case about taking up too much garage space and they would like to see me out of the garage. If I get an enclosed its going to be large enough for another walkbehind or Z.

bobw
01-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Royal trailers are very popular around here. I think that they are a bit expensive, but I couldn't argue against their construction. When I was trailer shopping last year, I ended up buying a cargomate trailer, mainly because the price differential was so much. Haven't had any problems at all with it.

02DURAMAX
01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Input on these enclosed trailers? I'm looking at the 7x16 with the following for $4,000:

Bright front corners
24” inch diamond plate stoneguard
Undercoated frame
2 interior lights and switch
Roof vent
Ramp door
2 rear stabilizer jacks
36” side door
¾” Plywood flooring
DOT exterior lighting
Sealed beam tail lights
6” inch tube frame
3/16” Luan interior walls
2 5/16” inch coupler
Aluminum fenders
24” O/C sidewall
24” O/C roof and floor
2 x 3500lb dexter spring brake axle
EZ lube hubs
ST205/75D15 bias tires
2000 lb top wind jack w/ sandpad
.030 aluminum exterior

Brakes are on all wheels on tandems*

Hitch height 18” approx
GVWR 7000 lbs
Interior height 72”
Interior width 80”
Exterior height 97”
Rear door opening height 66”
Rear door width 77”

http://www.royalcargotrailers.com/cargo_rtt.asp

Is this the trailer that was/is on ebay??.....I'm thinking of buying one from him later on in the spring....I have his number and he said he will sell me the same trailer at the same price anytime i want.:)

Eclipse
01-01-2007, 10:04 PM
IMHO the trailer you listed above is not a great trailer, nor it is really all that great of price for what the trailer is.

I would prefer at a minimum 16" on center floor/walls, and radial tires.

Also if it were me I would not consider a 7' wide enclosed. Once you start hanging stuff on the walls, it will get very narrow in a hurry.

ALarsh
01-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah its on ebay and its at Prevail Trailers. Your sig says you just bought a Pace trailer?

Eclipse, what size width would you recommend? What do you mean 16" on center floor/walls?

RedMax Man
01-01-2007, 10:22 PM
My father has a 8.5x18 enc. trailer that he uses for construction. It looks just like the landscape enc. trailers. The wider interior is nice because once you get racks fo the handhelds and stuff it will become more crammed and tougher to get to the front to grab something. I know it has a side door too but if you could get a wider one then you'd probably be better off.

Eclipse
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Eclipse, what size width would you recommend? What do you mean 16" on center floor/walls?

8ft wide.

16" on center cross members for the floor and walls. It will make a stronger, better built trailer but does drive up the cost a little bit.

qualitylawnmanagement
01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
That seems like a good deal to me, I got qouted the same price for and 7*16ft Interstate enclosed but only with the flat top. Yea as soon as you start to put your racks in there it will get pretty narrow but if it will just be a mowing trailer mount the trimmer on the left side of the wall and then have your blower rack on the side door so when you open the door its right there then just build a shelf up front and the 7ft will do just fine. Also don't go to big because it gets pretty tight in neighbor hoods or drives my 18ft is a pain some times.

Jason Rose
01-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Dude, you can't be serious... How on the planet earth can you be making this MUCH money while still in high school? I've known guys that sold butt loads of drugs in HS and hardly had the kind of cash you sling around. Am I jealous? If I was 17, then yes I would be. I'm not. I just can't fathom that you are in business ALONE without your parents assistants or anyone else's and can spend the kind of money you do on trucks and equipment and trailers to maintain the number of lawns you can be able to do while still in high school.

I'm sorry, I've read a LOT of your posts and I'm gonna call you on this. Someones funding your business other than you and your customers. That or your dad, family, or other business partner has some money in this.

02DURAMAX
01-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah its on ebay and its at Prevail Trailers. Your sig says you just bought a Pace trailer?

yes i do have the pace i bought it 3 weeks ago....sorry but i have an uncle that does brick paving and he bought a 6' x 14' for $4500:dizzy: ......and now he needs a bigger trailer;) .....So im thinking in buying it and then just selling it to him(same price) or have him go buy it.

Mike's Lawn & Snow
01-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I have a royal trailer although I did upgrade with another vent, another light inside, I went with i cant remember 3/4 or 1/2 inch walls, the extra 6 inch height inside the trailer overall a good trailer i think i payed 5500.00 for mine which is a 20x8

Lawn Enforcer
01-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I think a 7x16 would be fine if you mount racks on the left or right side, and drive mowers on the other side. Just an idea.

ALarsh
01-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Jason, you have a PM.

I'll have to keep my eye out for something 8'-8.5' wide. I don't want to regret getting something too small but I still may go take a look at this one. Thats what I was thinking Lawn Enforcer...

KS_Grasscutter
01-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Jason, you have a PM.

I'll have to keep my eye out for something 8'-8.5' wide. I don't want to regret getting something too small but I still may go take a look at this one. Thats what I was thinking Lawn Enforcer...

Yea, I can't even imagine how much it would SUCK to spend a good chunk of money on a trailer, only to have it be too small. I with your 60in Toro, 7 would be really small. That would only leave you a foot and a half on each side, and that would go quick with racks, and you still have to have a place to walk through there. I think 8' would be about right, but anything wider would be a PITA, esp. on narrow roads.

ALarsh
01-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I called the guy offering these off ebay. He gave me a quote on a 8.5’ X 18’ with the upgraded walls to plywood which also comes with the heavy duty 5200 lb axles. In black color. $4750 for the trailer plus $350 for the plywood walls and larger axles. Total $5100.

Doesn't sound like that great of a deal...

TWUllc
01-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Spend the money on a Wells Cargo if you can....

RedWingsDet
01-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Royal trailers are very popular around here. I think that they are a bit expensive, but I couldn't argue against their construction. When I was trailer shopping last year, I ended up buying a cargomate trailer, mainly because the price differential was so much. Haven't had any problems at all with it.

4 grand for a 16ft trailer is CHEAP.

Around here a 20 goes for 6-9 grand.
I tend to think that with trailers, you get what you pay for... And WellsCargo knows it.

The mayor
01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
One thing I remember when looking at the royal trailer was the ramp door was only rated at 1000lbs. Maybe they are rated for now more. something to think about.

ALarsh
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I found a new 2007 Haulmark 8.5x24 for $5100. May take a look at that even though it is a little long...

Signature Landscaping1
01-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Haulmarks are nice trailers. My dad has a few of them. I bought a 6x12 Haulmark for my band. Since we travel very often to shows, its fits all of our gear great. Very sturdy built to last trailers, they last forever!

Eclipse
01-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Haulmark does make some lesser quality trailers. Their cheap ones are ok but IMHO they are not of the Haulmark quality that most people associate with their trailers.

KS_Grasscutter
01-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I found a new 2007 Haulmark 8.5x24 for $5100. May take a look at that even though it is a little long...

A little long you say? I think your equipment would get LOST in there, and it would be a total B**** to maneuver on roads and in neighborhoods. If it was me, I would go with about a 8X18.

ALarsh
01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
A little long you say? I think your equipment would get LOST in there, and it would be a total B**** to maneuver on roads and in neighborhoods. If it was me, I would go with about a 8X18.

Thats what I plan on. 8.5x18 is $4,695

VnDrWLawnCare
01-07-2007, 09:26 PM
You guys are right the 7 x 16 can get tight with racks up. It becomes very narrow especially trying to walk through it. I have a 48 wb and a 52 Z in mine and with the z inside, trying to get a trimmer can be difficult.

A Larsh--I think i saw you have a 60" ??. If so, especially with a 2500 pickup, i too would go for a 8' wide at least. That extra space will be very nice. I once hauled a couple of 60" in mine, and it was a chore trying to climb over them just to sit down.

Cargomate brand here.

Eric

Lawn Enforcer
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
So, have you bought one yet?

ALarsh
01-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Not yet... Lets just say it has been a rough week. I had several unexpected "expenses" come up totaling a few thousand dollars and the storage lot I was going to lease with another landscaper went south because the owner of the lot wants all the landscapers out due to past experiences... i'll be waiting until the mowing season kicks in or when I can lease some land.

It'll be an 8.5' x 18-20' when I get it though.

I have a 60" and a 48".