PDA

View Full Version : A dump/equipment trailer

Willofalltrades
01-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Look at these Capstone 7000lb utility/dump trailers. Would that not be a good trailer for a person who has a Walker or similar collection unit?
http://www.capstonetrailers.com/
I got a price at around $3500 in a East Ohio Auto and RV mag.

stuffdeer
01-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow...Thats not bad. If I look into a trailer, If I can get one for under 4 k, that'd be sweet.

Willofalltrades
01-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Personally I think, from a quick glance, they would prove to be a good tool. The sides remove in no time at all so you can fit the mowers into the dumping bay. That way you get normal use out of the trailer. Put the clippings on the trailer and at the end of the day pull the mowers off and empty the section that dumps. Price wise they seem smart because a Truckcraft insert is $3000 for the steel unit (includes all the accessories and installation). Why not spend $1000 more and get a 20' trailer with the dump box? You can still use it for mulch and other stuff. Anybody own a similar set-up? Do these units look commercial? I'm slightly sold, just need a little cash and a few more Walker customers.

NEUSWEDE
01-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Doubt it would work for the main reason the dump is in the center over the axels. Once you dump the grass in the dump area how do you load the mower?

I think this was made to act like a dual purpose, 1.) to haul equipment and 2.) haul material for landscaping like mulch.

Price shoulded be #1 concern, you get what you pay for, things are cheap for a reason, cheap materials and cut corners. Buying quailty will hold it's value better for future resale.

just my $0.02

Willofalltrades
01-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Doubt it would work for the main reason the dump is in the center over the axels. Once you dump the grass in the dump area how do you load the mower?

just my $0.02

I side ramps? I donno could you get the dump up front? OR is that two much tongue weight?

NEUSWEDE
01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I side ramps? I donno could you get the dump up front? OR is that two much tongue weight?

I have seen ones with the dump up front, a lot of tounge weight but when traveling I think the mowers would even it out. The trailer pictured has the dump over the axels I don't think it could move. Side gate would work but if you have to put down 2 gates might just be easier to make a ramp into the bed of the truck. I am in the process of building one for my trailer

again just my 0.02

Grass-Masters
01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
That is pretty neat, was that $3500 for a new one. If so where do you get them from.

Willofalltrades
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
That is pretty neat, was that $3500 for a new one. If so where do you get them from.

I thought, look in the link included in the first post.

I thought about that gate into the truck, would you do that with a dump insert in the back? Details...

Eclipse
01-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I like this setup better.

http://www.felling.com/images/Brochures/6-28-06/06%20Brochure%20PDFs/SideDumpFlyer.pdf

nlminc
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
That's sweet! I'm thinking about using something like this to haul a Dingo and it's attachments with. The added dump bed would be perfect!

Willofalltrades
01-04-2007, 12:34 AM
The other setup listed by Eclipse looks decient too. Now which one is closer... lol.