PDA

View Full Version : This is how I use blowers...anybody else?

Lawntime Mowers
01-03-2007, 01:25 AM
If we need to move allot of grass off drive/walkways, We fire up TWO hand-held blowers, one in each hand.
Walk down the center of a drive with blowers pointed left and right.
And walk down sidewalk with both pointed to L/R edges. You don't have to move ends back and forth, just walk in a straight line

I started trying this one day and it just worked great for me. I was just curious if anybody else uses this technique?

LawnTamer
01-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Yes, it is really fast.

Richard Martin
01-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Nope, I only own one handheld blower.

carcrz
01-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I actually go over the walks/lot w/ the mower first. Then there is minimal grass to blow off anyways. Another technique to use for larger lengths is to hop on the Z & hold the blower in one hand & the controls in the other. I do this on all of my big parking lots & long sidewalks.

Total.Lawn.Care
01-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Get a BR600 and you will not need two blowers. I can clear a 2 car drive way with one pass by walking down the middle and sweeping the nozzle back and forth, and that is doing it as fast as I can walk.

carcrz
01-03-2007, 09:53 AM
You can also just walk in the lawn & blow it to the other side of the sidewalk. Then you don't have to move back & forth.

LawnTamer
01-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Where it really saves time is after you have edged and you have dirt and little tufts of lawn everywhere. I can clean a sidewalk faster with two hand-helds than with the backpack blower, but then my backpack wasn't a Br600 or an EBZ8000:cry:
You will notice that the Br600 is on my 2007 wish list, in the wish-list thread.

pjslawncare/landscap
01-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Two blowers really help when u have tall turf edging a walk. You focus one blower down against the edge line and the other up to blow the clippings into the yard. Windy days they help a lot too.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
One good BP Blower does the job. Two guys on a good bp is even better.

The only reason I personally go down both sides is that I want to make sure that the edges are clean. What is the sense of making nice edges if you are going to fill them back up with clippings?

I know that it probably wastes a couple of minutes on each property, but I believe that the add on bonus is customer satisfaction, neighbor appreciation, and future business.

greengiant9963
01-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Have tried 2 handhelds together and I works pretty good. See alot of guys using 2 to blow out beds in the fall.

crzymow
01-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I dont usually have a lot of grass on sidewalks or driveways unless it is from edging, and if you do that weekly shouldnt have a lot then either.

Lawntime Mowers
01-03-2007, 01:50 PM
carcrz
I actually go over the walks/lot w/ the mower first. Then there is minimal grass to blow off anyways. Another technique to use for larger lengths is to hop on the Z & hold the blower in one hand & the controls in the other. I do this on all of my big parking lots & long sidewalks.

I'll have to remember the blower on the Z across the large lots.
Thanks

Total.Lawn.Care
Get a BR600 and you will not need two blowers. I can clear a 2 car drive way with one pass by walking down the middle and sweeping the nozzle back and forth, and that is doing it as fast as I can walk.

Gotta get me one of those also.

Lawntamer
Where it really saves time is after you have edged and you have dirt and little tufts of lawn everywhere. I can clean a sidewalk faster with two hand-helds than with the backpack blower, but then my backpack wasn't a Br600 or an EBZ8000

That's the same thing I've found.

pjslawncare/landscap
Two blowers really help when u have tall turf edging a walk. You focus one blower down against the edge line and the other up to blow the clippings into the yard. Windy days they help a lot too.

NICE! I wanted to say the same thing but couldn't put it into words....works awesome.

Thanks all for the input.

kkls2006
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Hand held blowers,are you serious? Redmax EB 7001's seem to do the job for me...

martinfan06
01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
One good BP Blower does the job. Two guys on a good bp is even better.

The only reason I personally go down both sides is that I want to make sure that the edges are clean. What is the sense of making nice edges if you are going to fill them back up with clippings?

I know that it probably wastes a couple of minutes on each property, but I believe that the add on bonus is customer satisfaction, neighbor appreciation, and future business.

My thoughts exactly edges are very important to a well maintained look, I edge every visit.

Stillwater
01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Been doing that for years! I use Stihl BG85's :usflag:

ed2hess
01-03-2007, 04:10 PM
A lot of companies that do residential are using the hand blowers since the cfm has got pretty high. They are just so easy to pick up and start....never ever had a problem stating a handheld at 100F. They take more risk by just letting the unit sit in the back of the closed trailer compared to having the big blowers racked up on the side.

LawnTamer
01-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Hand held blowers,are you serious? Redmax EB 7001's seem to do the job for me...

Most small residential jobs take about 30 seconds to blow, seriously. We had a BP blower but by the time you started it and strapped it on, you could have finished with the hand held. I would like a big bp for some of the commercial props and a few spots where we do 3-5 houses together, also for rainy days.

Lawntime Mowers
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Yup, all of our work is residential. So a back pack would take way too much time to get going. I'll blow as much as I can with the Z and then my helper will finish up with two blowers.
I would love to add two of the Stihl BG85's to the rig. I'm just spending way to much this year on other mowers to budget the Stihl's.

Kinda cool to hear how others have done the job the same or prefer back-packs. Not knockin the back-pack guys, it's just at this point we save more time with two blowers than we would with the backpack.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I run a backpack,i don't have the patience for a handheld on big properties.