PDA

View Full Version : ultra low suspension

Downunder Bob
01-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Has anyone ever tried one of these?
I'm thinking about putting one on a 52 mini-z.
$158, What do ya think?

tacoma200
01-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Looks just like the one on my Lazer, works fine.

Premo Services
01-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Has anyone ever tried one of these?
I'm thinking about putting one on a 52 mini-z.
$158, What do ya think?

I have one like that on my lazer, it does work great. It has helped my back out a lot from all the bumps in the lawns. Well worth the money.

drumbo
01-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Same here, have them on our Exmark Lazers...they came standard with the EFIs. We love them! Our backs love them!

Downunder Bob
01-03-2007, 01:56 PM
There is about an inch of travel.
Do you find that to be enough?

tacoma200
01-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I can't tell much difference in the add on and the "Full Suspension Seat " which has a stiffer seat. The add on works great with the standard Exmark seat. I have not heard many complaints on Lawnsite. It's not perfect but it does help An inch helps, but believe me you don't want to raise the seat much higher than it already does with this kit. You'll hit more branches with just and inch of suspension.

Lazer_Z
01-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Do you guys have a web site that I can check out for more info on these?

Thanks
Rob

fishinpa
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Do you guys have a web site that I can check out for more info on these?

Ditto, I took my "Flex Forks" back to the dealer a few months ago and have not head back from him. I'm thinking if I ask him for the money he'll give it to me without hesitation.

puppypaws
01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Ditto, I took my "Flex Forks" back to the dealer a few months ago and have not head back from him. I'm thinking if I ask him for the money he'll give it to me without hesitation.What was wrong that you had to take your flex forks back to the dealer?

WALKER LANDSCAPE
01-03-2007, 07:51 PM
:clapping: We have one of those on the 52 toro works well.:dancing:

H2OandNcutter
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey Guys,

Like the above all said... Well worth it! I added it to my LazerZ HP after the first season and found the difference to be quite noticeable. It also made the seat a little higher which was okay with me as I'm 6'7" and 250 lbs. So both my back and knees like it. :clapping:

R.S.

Downunder Bob
01-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Looks like you fellas talked me into one.

Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.tractorseats.com/Products/products.html

tacoma200
01-04-2007, 02:51 AM
I would get one off of an Exmark dealer. The original Exmark kill switch will not work with the suspension seat kit and the kit from Exmark includes the longer kill switch. Of coure you can just unhook it if you feel safe doing that. Just make sure you are aware that you need the new switch for the seat to work properly (kill the engine when not seated).

jhsmith4
01-04-2007, 06:44 AM
I installed the same on our Hustler Z, best $160.00 you'll spend! Good luck!

Cornerstone Landscape Management

WALKER LANDSCAPE
01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I would get one off of an Exmark dealer. The original Exmark kill switch will not work with the suspension seat kit and the kit from Exmark includes the longer kill switch. Of coure you can just unhook it if you feel safe doing that. Just make sure you are aware that you need the new switch for the seat to work properly (kill the engine when not seated).

If I remember right it comes with a new kill switch at least mine did.:waving:

fishinpa
01-05-2007, 12:38 PM
What was wrong that you had to take your flex forks back to the dealer?

My MFT (42/16) was not cutting evenly. I figured out it was a two fold problem and the dealer resolved it partially by replacing on of the front tires. One tire from the factory had a nice "crown" and the other one did not.

One of the flex fork just didn't hold the front of the mower as "high" as the other one. This is a pretty light usage machine only having 50'ish hrs on it in the first year.

puppypaws
01-05-2007, 12:54 PM
My MFT (42/16) was not cutting evenly. I figured out it was a two fold problem and the dealer resolved it partially by replacing on of the front tires. One tire from the factory had a nice "crown" and the other one did not.

One of the flex fork just didn't hold the front of the mower as "high" as the other one. This is a pretty light usage machine only having 50'ish hrs on it in the first year.If you notice any problems with the flex forks Hustler needs to be made aware. I had mine replaced at 152 hours because they had gotten weak, Hustler does not seem to believe there is a problem because no one or only a very few people bring this to their attention. This is a wonderful addition and makes the mower ride a lot better but they need to be tweaked a little. When the new ones were put on mine it was like an entirely different machine, I suggest anyone that has any problems needs to bring it to Hustler's attention so they will know there is a reason for them to look into this a little closer.

Potchkins
01-07-2007, 09:35 PM
i tryed one of the suspension kits had it 3 days
and ordered the LS full suspension seat and, returned the suspension kit
i couldn't stand the added height 2-3 inches of the suspension kit
the LS full suspension seat made all the difference in the world

fishinpa
01-08-2007, 05:25 PM
If you notice any problems with the flex forks Hustler needs to be made aware. I had mine replaced at 152 hours because they had gotten weak, Hustler does not seem to believe there is a problem because no one or only a very few people bring this to their attention. This is a wonderful addition and makes the mower ride a lot better but they need to be tweaked a little. When the new ones were put on mine it was like an entirely different machine, I suggest anyone that has any problems needs to bring it to Hustler's attention so they will know there is a reason for them to look into this a little closer.

Just before this post I did call over to my dealer and left a message with one of his guys and I've not heard back from him. Your response to me prompted me to return call his business line again. I find out he's sick. I know he's not avoiding me because its usually though for me to get him OFF the phone.

As I was on the phone I heard his Nextel beep into the fellow I was speaking with. He brought up my name and said to tell me that there is a "Hustler School" coming up & wants to bring it up with them there, because when he calls into Hustler... he more-or-less gets some tech support guys that "I guess" can not really acknowledge real world issues, one way or the other. Kind of like calling micro-soft for support, I guess.... He did mention that someone else is having some problems with their flex-forks. I guess whoever it is bought them there, but I can't say that for sure. I know when I bought mine, he said I was the first one to do so.

I don't know when the "class" is but I still believe this dealer is a "good guy" because he's usually there to answer question, resolve my problems and damn near always calls be back in a very short period of time. When he's not there, his second in command is just as informative and helpful, and even made a late evening Friday night delivery (on his own time) to get my flex forks to me in the first place.

puppypaws
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Just before this post I did call over to my dealer and left a message with one of his guys and I've not heard back from him. Your response to me prompted me to return call his business line again. I find out he's sick. I know he's not avoiding me because its usually though for me to get him OFF the phone.

As I was on the phone I heard his Nextel beep into the fellow I was speaking with. He brought up my name and said to tell me that there is a "Hustler School" coming up & wants to bring it up with them there, because when he calls into Hustler... he more-or-less gets some tech support guys that "I guess" can not really acknowledge real world issues, one way or the other. Kind of like calling micro-soft for support, I guess.... He did mention that someone else is having some problems with their flex-forks. I guess whoever it is bought them there, but I can't say that for sure. I know when I bought mine, he said I was the first one to do so.

I don't know when the "class" is but I still believe this dealer is a "good guy" because he's usually there to answer question, resolve my problems and damn near always calls be back in a very short period of time. When he's not there, his second in command is just as informative and helpful, and even made a late evening Friday night delivery (on his own time) to get my flex forks to me in the first place.Sounds like you have a wonderful dealer, Hustler normally jumps right on top of any problem they have with their machines but they are kind of in denial on this one. There are many sets of flex forks in use that have gotten weaker and give a different ride and cut than when they were new. It happens gradually and kind of slips up on you before you realize they have changed. People also have hired help that cuts grass and wouldn't realize there was a problem anywhere unless the wheels fall off. The people that run flex forks need to notice if it is dipping when you stop and leaving lower cut circles in the grass and if you are on a slope it will cut closer on the down hill side of the slope. There is also a tremendous difference in the ride that is difficult to notice until you put new ones with good tension back on the mower. Anyone seeing this needs to make Hustler aware of what they are experiencing so it can be addressed by the company.