PDA

View Full Version : Same old beat up question?

lehrjetmx
01-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I got inside track on a Commercial gig its a small one just 4 housing complex with one system. The inside track was the association only allocated $1400 for the year in irrigation. Any suggestions on how to propose a quote with such little money for a year? Includes Start up/ Blow outs and service calls not to mention materials. The system is only 2 years old and in good condition but those good old mowers lover to eat heads for lunch.
Thanks for the thoughts
IILD

kkls2006
01-03-2007, 11:26 AM
They might have only budgeted $1400 for the year but that doesn't mean they wont spend more if they run out of $$$$$. I would right a contract that states any work done above the $1400 limit will be billed accordingly and see how the respond.

lehrjetmx
01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks that will be put in there. I'm sure they won't like to hear that they reduced their money by a 100 from last year. I tried to explain to them that another year of wear and tear on the system could me more repairs no to mention they just signed another landscape company!!!!

kkls2006
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
For us it's always about CYA.....I'm sure thats the case for you as well.

Wet_Boots
01-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Just make certain they understand that the costs of service can only increase as the system gets older. Strictly the nature of the beast.

Mjtrole
01-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks that will be put in there. I'm sure they won't like to hear that they reduced their money by a 100 from last year. I tried to explain to them that another year of wear and tear on the system could me more repairs no to mention they just signed another landscape company!!!!

I think you need to inform them that any damage done due to the lawn cutting is not covered, which it shouldn't be and will be billed accordingly and let them collect or not pay for damaged caused by the LM contractor.