PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Phazer

Allens LawnCare
01-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Has anyone used this machine. I guess its new for 2007. I've got a local dealer looing to sell this for just under $5000, its a 44 inch cut 19 horse Kawasaki. Any opinions on this machine, I got a little chuckle looking at it. It looks like a baby Lazer, I was looking at that or the TT 48 inch Hydro with ECS both the same price range.
Thanks

Lazer_Z
01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Allen, Go for it you wont be sorry, the price sounds goo to. The Phazer came out I think around February/March of 2006. I bought my 19/34 in March of '06 for just over $5K.

Rob

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Allen, Go for it you wont be sorry, the price sounds goo to. The Phazer came out I think around February/March of 2006. I bought my 19/34 in March of '06 for just over $5K.

Rob

Hey Rob, so it looks like that machine worked out well for you. I remember talking to George and Jr. right after you went and got it.

Allens LawnCare
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm thinking about it, its a good price, He also has a 56 Lazer with ultrvac bagger 130 hrs for just under $8000. Its weird looking at the two side by side, Its like the cartoon Big Dog Little Dog

Lazer_Z
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Allen, The reason I have a Phazer and not a full size Z is because I have gates to deal with. If you have the use for a full size Z then by all means go with the full size Z.

Rob, Those guys have been a huge help with the little quirks of a new machine. I'm also loving my GCEX catcher.

Rob

Allens LawnCare
01-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Its a big debate in my mind, I have both some 1-2 acre lots and some gated entry ways, either way they're both going to give me more production than my 36 inch Metro

Lazer_Z
01-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Its a big debate in my mind, I have both some 1-2 acre lots and some gated entry ways, either way they're both going to give me more production than my 36 inch MetroWith out a doubt I can say this is true. I did the exact same thing and I have not looked back. What size gate openings do you have to deal with? I have also heard that eXmark is coming out with an Ultra Vac for the 44" Phazer so you may want to add that into your decision making process.

Rob

Mowingman
01-03-2007, 09:22 PM
No, that is not a new model. In fact, that came out in 06, and reportedly has not sold well. Exmark has dropped it from their lineup in 07.
I expect that is why your dealer has a good price on it. He is trying to get rid of it, since it is an out-of-production machine.
So, if you need that machine, better grab it before they are all gone.

Allens LawnCare
01-03-2007, 09:50 PM
It's in the 07 Catalog!

jbpo
01-04-2007, 12:08 AM
The Phazer is a great machine. I've got the 34 inch model and I can fly through gates and get back yards done quick. That sounds like a good price. i paid 4799.00 back in march 06.

Mowingman
01-04-2007, 08:29 AM
The Exmark rep on this forum says the 44" model is history.

Lazer_Z
01-04-2007, 01:57 PM
The Exmark rep on this forum says the 44" model is history.
That is true. From the way I understand it, it's because they already have a 44" on a larger frame and having 2 machines with the same size deck would not make much sense.

Allen, What size gate's are you dealing with?

Rob

Allens LawnCare
01-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I have a some my 36inch metro just fits into and others that are double gates.....On the other hand I have alot with no gates, just straight up 1-2 acre lots .The 44 just sounded like a decent machine.

Prestige-Lawncare
01-04-2007, 04:38 PM
That is true. From the way I understand it, it's because they already have a 44" on a larger frame and having 2 machines with the same size deck would not make much sense.

Allen, What size gate's are you dealing with?

Rob

I see they still have it on their web site, and it is listed as a 2007 model.

Visited my local Hustler dealer today ... a lot of nice new machines, and a great shop. Not only did he emphasize the quality of the machine, the warranty, their availability of parts ... but if I ever need to take it in, they always have a loaner for you to use to eliminate downtime. Very local owned dealer who has at least 3 generations working there. He said since there is a Hustler distribution center here (Indy), he can have about anything he doesn't have on the floor in a day or two.

He also pushed Stihl hand helds too.

This guy is 5 - 7 miles from my house ... I like that too :drinkup:

Turfman999
05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
The Phazer 34 has some positive attributes.

1. Plenty of power
2. Saves walking a large gated lawn
3. Will fit just about anywhere
4. Can totally turn around sideways on a 6 foot wide trailer

If you never owned another zero-turn and you mow mainly flat ground, you will be satisfied. If you own a larger Lazer or comparable mower, you likely will be disappointed in the "choppy" drive system. Even the slightest downhill turn on a mild slope is poor. I would put someone on this unit that is patient and hasn't used other zero-turns!

Armadillolawncare
05-13-2007, 01:08 AM
I have the 34 and I love it. I got it because of gates. I deal with mostly gates in the 36 to 45 inch range and I can get into all my accounts now. Another thing is that the 19 horsepower is a beast on this little Z turn. I mulch only and can take this thing into the thickest stuff around.

blewis3412
05-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I bought my 44" phazer in April for $3,999. Looks like I got a pretty good deal.