PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Contract Renewals....

W.L.S.27
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
When does everyone go out and renew maintenance contracts for the next season?

-Chris

LwnmwrMan22
01-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll have all of mine in before the end of this month.

NMS0219
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I get all of mine by the end of feb.

Jpocket
01-03-2007, 09:41 PM
AUTO-RENEW. If I don't here anything from them then we continue work. Does your phone company "renew" service?

NMS0219
01-03-2007, 10:33 PM
i tried the auto renew it was a disaster. My commercials go out to bid every year so I could not do it their. My residentials pretty much stay the same so I thought it would work. Big mistake. My customers either thought we went out of business or they got nervious and got other estimates. Not to mention the phone calls. Plus what about if someone moves or dies? Don't want to be working for free.

chuck bow
01-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Route is set by Jan 1 ( all but one anyway and they dont consider bids till mid feb been this way for the 10 years i have had it ) but always seem to add a few till season starts april 1 after that i almost never take any new accounts as route is completly full

LwnmwrMan22
01-03-2007, 10:52 PM
i tried the auto renew it was a disaster. My commercials go out to bid every year so I could not do it their. My residentials pretty much stay the same so I thought it would work. Big mistake. My customers either thought we went out of business or they got nervious and got other estimates. Not to mention the phone calls. Plus what about if someone moves or dies? Don't want to be working for free.

I've always made it a point to talk with each customer at the beginning of the year, and at the end of the year, in case there's something they want addressed.

Much of the time, it's the only 2 times of the year that I'll actually speak with my customer.

I've thought about the auto renews, but it's not that bid of a deal for me to get in touch with my 20 commericial clients, especially since I deal with multiple properties with each client.

LB1234
01-03-2007, 10:59 PM
For commericials signed contract by end of February so work can start in march. For residentials I push sending renewals out until the end of february for a april start.

The mayor
01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I do mine right at the end of the mowing season...early novenber. They have 30 days to get them back to me. This way I can prepare for the upcoming season.