PDA

View Full Version : Average hours on trade in?

deereman
01-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I have seen this question on here before but to no avail, I could not find what I was looking for. The question is on average, how many hours are you running on your ZTR's before tradeing them? Is there a rule of thumb for best amount of hours for maximum trade in? Just curious on how every body will answer this. Thanks!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-03-2007, 10:09 PM
500 to 800 hours on mowers or every three seasons if we decide to trade seems like keeping em till they die or for back up mowers.

ed2hess
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
That is easy in our area because there is no place I am aware of to trade them in. The dealer certainly has no incentive to pay you anything for them. Run it until it drops!

Jpocket
01-03-2007, 10:39 PM
We run our mowers until they are beyond repair. FOREVER, unless someone wants to buy one for $2500 or so. Same with trucks.

captken
01-03-2007, 10:47 PM
That is easy Run it until it drops!

Most cost effective in my opinion.
Run 'em till they drop....I have a Hustler Z that has ????hours.

Built like a Timex watch. Whoever said 500-800 hours? I glossed over that one, don't know squat......look at his signature....lol.
lol...kenny.

so easy, even a caveman can do it! Prehistoric mowing techniq for the caveman lawn service....lol

mattfromNY
01-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I saw those guys in town today. I think they're illegals. I wonder what their snowplow looks like?!? Does that machine Fert and Squirt? LCO= Local Cow Owners?? The DOT would have a hella fun if THAT thing wasnt strapped down good on the trailer!! Where do you check the oil??

JTF40
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM
That is easy in our area because there is no place I am aware of to trade them in. The dealer certainly has no incentive to pay you anything for them. Run it until it drops!

This is my thought, also. IMO, debt is dumb. When you have to spend $$$ to repair the machine, it is still cheaper than going in debt for a new one. :usflag:

meets1
01-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I have yet to trade cuz dealer gives about nothing for the machine after 1000 hrs or so. I have been lucky though cuz the last three yrs I have had joe blow just stop me mowing and ask about the toro Z I am using. Everytime so far I have sold that mower to that person. Great deal for me, the new owner who gets a great commercial mower ( most have been farmers) and my dealer who gets to sell me a new one. So 3 of the 4 Z are all new within the last 2 yrs. The new unit will be in this spring.

But if I didn't sell outright - I would probably keep them!

captken
01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
I saw those guys in town today. I think they're illegals. I wonder what their snowplow looks like?!? Does that machine Fert and Squirt? LCO= Local Cow Owners?? The DOT would have a hella fun if THAT thing wasnt strapped down good on the trailer!! Where do you check the oil??

I like you.....:laugh:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Glossed what kinda word is that is that tennesse lingo.

captken
01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE;1661568]Glossed what kinda word is that is that tennesse lingo.[/QUOTE

glossed over, meaning superfluous scan with eyes.
The correct spelling for the state of.....spell check feature provided at the bottom of this page....however, cavemen are exempt.
Tennessee is Tennessee

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Last time i drove down i saw a lot of em in the climson state.

johndeereguy
01-04-2007, 12:04 AM
I trade mine quite often. Every year or two. ZTR's will have around 400 hours a year on em. I can not stand having break downs, two much time wasted, and added repair expense. I have zero repair bills. I know i am a little differant then most on here, but just my thoughts. Keep em new, looking nice, looks like you have someting going on.

captken
01-04-2007, 12:10 AM
I trade mine quite often. Every year or two. ZTR's will have around 400 hours a year on em. I can not stand having break downs, two much time wasted, and added repair expense. I have zero repair bills. I know i am a little differant then most on here, but just my thoughts. Keep em new, looking nice, looks like you have someting going on.

The blind leading....the blind....you guys are easy! Or very rich, in that case why the Hell are you here?

You grow corn or mow grass?

captken
01-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Last time i drove down i saw a lot of em in the climson state.

For the out of touch..pre-historic minded here, Tennessee is known as the Volunteer state.
You dumb fu!k.lol
lol, kenny

LwnmwrMan22
01-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I have (2) Kubota ZD28s.

I trade one in, every other year.

I'll run about 1300 hours on a mower when it gets traded in.

I can still get about $6000-$7000 for my trade at this point.

A new one will run me about $12000, so my payment for 2.5 years is about $150-$175 / month.

I do basically no maintenance to these machines. I change the oil at the beginning of the year, middle of the year, and end of the year, that's about it.

I don't touch hydro units at all.

This $150-175 / month payment is my total cost, since all mowers I buy, I have a full 2 year warranty.

Plus my dealer is one, where if your mower is in for warranty work, they give you a mower to run until yours is done.

I have no down time, which is most important to me, since I run 60-80-sometimes 100 hours / week.

draftlawncare
01-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Most cost effective in my opinion.
Run 'em till they drop....I have a Hustler Z that has ????hours.

Built like a Timex watch. Whoever said 500-800 hours? I glossed over that one, don't know squat......look at his signature....lol.
lol...kenny.

so easy, even a caveman can do it! Prehistoric mowing techniq for the caveman lawn service....lol

i talked to a guy today that sells exmark mowers on ebay that are just coming off a 2 year lease with hours ranging from 700- 800 hours . he is buying them from exmark / dealers. maybe you should know what you are talking about before opening your pie hole

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Volunteer to you redneckville to me run your wore out junk,some want to trade why are you sweating it.