PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 compared w/ 36" T-bar

LawnTamer
01-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I am a die hard T-bar fan, I get great productivity out of a gear drive. But I've been looking at the Better Quick 36 w/ the 13hp Intek. I am attracted by the price, and all the good reviews I read here. However I have a few concerns.

1. 5 mph top speed (is that really accurate) My T-bars go 6.2mph

2. Is the 13hp Intek powerful enough? What about durability? Anyone got 2-3,000 hrs on one of these?

3. How intuitive are the controls?

4. I always run sulkies, how does the quick 36 handle a sulky?

I'm really looking for someone who has owned/run both the 36" belt driven T-bar and the Quick 36".

But any feedback from Quick 36 owners will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Daner
01-04-2007, 01:06 PM
5 mph...Is all I would ever run at...great price on the quick36

Matts lawn care
01-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I am a quick 36 super-duty owner:clapping:
1: You can mess with the speed controls not sure if 5 MPH is accurate
2: If you want more power they have Briggs 16HP
3: Controls are easy to use
Right hand: Push down and your moving, thumb control for reverse (very easy and simple)
Left hand: is the safety control
I'm not sure on #4 but 13 to 16HP is plenty HP (most 36" ive seen have 13HP and work fine with a sulky)

LawnTamer
01-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I am a quick 36 super-duty owner:clapping:
1: You can mess with the speed controls not sure if 5 MPH is accurate
2: If you want more power they have Briggs 16HP
3: Controls are easy to use
Right hand: Push down and your moving, thumb control for reverse (very easy and simple)
Left hand: is the safety control
I'm not sure on #4 but 13 to 16HP is plenty HP (most 36" ive seen have 13HP and work fine with a sulky)

How does it turn compared to a dual hydro WB? I am just leery about buying something I've never seen or tried. I wish there was a local Better Outdoor dealer so I could try one.

Matts lawn care
01-04-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't have any experience with duel hydros but the turning takes little to no effort. Due to it being right around 300lbs. I was leery about it too but due to the rave reviews on here i couldn't't help myself. look at the short clip and you can see what effort he is using. Hear is the link
http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/?page=Video%5FL%2Ehtm

brucec32
01-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I am a die hard T-bar fan, I get great productivity out of a gear drive. But I've been looking at the Better Quick 36 w/ the 13hp Intek. I am attracted by the price, and all the good reviews I read here. However I have a few concerns.

1. 5 mph top speed (is that really accurate) My T-bars go 6.2mph

2. Is the 13hp Intek powerful enough? What about durability? Anyone got 2-3,000 hrs on one of these?

3. How intuitive are the controls?

4. I always run sulkies, how does the quick 36 handle a sulky?

I'm really looking for someone who has owned/run both the 36" belt driven T-bar and the Quick 36".

But any feedback from Quick 36 owners will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I have thousands of hours on the T bars from way back. Great mowers for the price. I looked into the quick 36 but decided I didn't want to be using such a small mower so many hours and went another direction.

My observations...

1. If forced to use your 36" as a wide area mower in a pinch, the 5mph vs 6.2mph thing will leave you wanting more. On small patches of grass, no big deal. I also think the toro would do better towing a sulky, since you're not having to use body english to control it as much, and the weight up front might help. I'd hope to only be using a mower this small on areas where a sulky wasn't a must-have, anyway.

2. Obviously the less expensive briggs models probably won't last as long. I don't think many users have put on enough hours yet to know for sure. But then it depends, how many hours do you actually use a 36"?

3. My impression is that the Quick 36" would excel in tight areas and small lawns. It'd of course back out of spots better. But if just mowing a large rectangle of grass in a gated back yard, the toro might do better.

4. Both use versions of a fixed deck, but the Quick 36" is able to be used over a wider range of cut heights due to the design.

5. I noticed a lack of feedback from cutters of southern turf (but not St. Aug). not sure if the Quick 36 would really mulch Bermuda well. And for my needs, that's a must. No fixed deck would be my choice in that situation. I'd go Exmark TT HP 36". I've used it and it was super on that stuff.

Overall, the quick 36 I see as more of a super capable substitute for a 21" than a versatile mower than can handle gates but also mow a few big lawns if needed. I wouldn't want to be spending that much time on either though.

I'm always wary of any mower I can't try out first. Some people love a mower and you wind up hating it, due to personal preferences and your area's mowing conditions. One thing I do notice is that I never see a Quick 36 for sale used. That says something, either that there are very few of them out there, or that their users really love them and have no reason to dump them.