PDA

View Full Version : cracking tab on mounts

big man
01-04-2007, 04:47 PM
We have 4 hustlers z and we have cracked off one of the back mount tabs . This has happen when you come of a curb and the clutch bottoms out . We have built frames to protect it , but still has happen from time to time.;)

mowerconsultant
01-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Back mount tabs??
Please explain a little better or post a pic please.

Pj

big man
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
sorry about that. it's braking engine mount tabs.

mowerconsultant
01-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Any pics?
I have never seen a engine mount failure, seems odd.
We do offer a skid plate as an option for when its needed.

Pj

big man
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I Have One Machine With Broken Tabs . As Soon As We Get It Out To Go Through It I'll Take Pictures And Post It .

mowerconsultant
01-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I Have One Machine With Broken Tabs . As Soon As We Get It Out To Go Through It I'll Take Pictures And Post It .

Please do, or e-mail it to me, which ever is faster / easier.

Pj

gene gls
01-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Had that on my old Kawi engin. Also the leggs that hold the screen guard on top of the engin.

mowerconsultant
01-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Is the frame on the mower breaking or the aluminum tabs on the engine where the mount bolts go through?

gene gls
01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Is the frame on the mower breaking or the aluminum tabs on the engine where the mount bolts go through?

The tab on the engin broke on mine, just the out side part. There was enough room to drill another hole and move the bolt.

big man
01-17-2007, 06:00 PM
It Is The Aluminum Tabs On The Engine That's Braking Off . Kaw Motors

Mowingman
01-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds like the engine platform is flexing a lot, due to frame flex???
I have not seen any bulletins from Kawasaki or kohler, so , it can not be a widespread problem with the engine castings form these manufacturers. almost has to be a frame flex problem

mowerconsultant
01-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Sounds like the engine platform is flexing a lot, due to frame flex???
I have not seen any bulletins from Kawasaki or kohler, so , it can not be a widespread problem with the engine castings form these manufacturers. almost has to be a frame flex problem

There is no flexing in the engine mount area or the frame, no way, no how.
The original post explains it pretty well, the only way your going to do that though is to really bottom out hard.
We do make a skid plate type protector if needed.

Pj