PDA

View Full Version : Lazer z or turf tiger

johnnyusa
01-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I was looking at a 60" lazer z 27hp. and the dealer who also sells scag told me i might want to consider scag turf tiger also. When i asked him which was better he didn't want to say. Now i'm wondering if he has a problem with the lazer or he makes more profit with the Scag. Someone on Lawnsite also said the exmark triton deck they were having probvlems with when they 1st came out? Any info. would be appreciated.

johnnyusa
01-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry, I missed the thread on Triton Decks

Uranus
01-04-2007, 06:49 PM
My dealer said he has never heard a complaint about the tritons. I asked a local LCO about his trition and he said he loved it. There's a 27 hp at red riders with a 60 inch deck as of last week. I think they wanted just over 8 grand for it. They are up by the airport on route 75 by the subaru dealer. I just bought a 31hp 60" triton last week. If your close enough there is a 31hp 60"ultra cut up over the border in MA that I know is for sale at my dealers.
Sorry never used a turf tiger. Actually I only know of 1 being used anywhere near me.

green acres lawns
01-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I have both. My 60" Exmark has the older trivantage deck. It cuts great on good turf. Late summer plantain stems require double cutting and it still don't cut them all. Its dangerous on hills because of the high center of gravity, but most all short wheel base midmounts are. I've replaced a few spindle bearings and lots of belts and blades. But overall its been a good mower. I also have a Turf tiger, a Sabre tooth, and a tiger cub. The Scags are much heavier duty, cut very well,(even plantain stems) and stick to hills like a walk behind. I switched to Scag in 2003 and they have been very reliable. Oil, filters and a few blades. Did I mention my largest account is 59 acres of school system, which includes 20 acres of old hay field. If you like the exmark, you would probubly like the wildcat better than the more expensive turf tiger.

tacoma200
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Better demo in the spring.......... then choose

Jpocket
01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
It's a matter of personal Preference. Personally im a "fleet" man. Exmark has been good to me, and I really don't PLAN on switching, but this spring I will look at hustler and Scag before I sign.

I'm just into having the same everything. Currently we run all Exmark riders everyday All redmax, and All Chevy/GMC.

WHen I buy Oil fliters, belts,air filters, Blades etc.. I buy all the same. I even like the same motors on my machines (Kohlers).

You just need to try out whats best for you, and buy what you like, I just like everything to be the same/uniform, looks like a fleet. JMO

edward hedrick
01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
John: how did you make out? Might want to look at the Scag 3 wheel. Ed

Tagg
01-04-2007, 11:00 PM
:usflag: Scag Turf Tiger !!! The ONLY Way.:usflag:

Daner
01-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Try them both out (Demo) You have to feel comfortable on the machine...very Important.