PDA

View Full Version : My next truck (Picture)

scweedman
01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Don't know if u guys have seen my next truck
Toyota Tundra Crewmax
This is the only picture out from a camera phone
5.7L/400hp/11,000towing :drinkup:

carcrz
01-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Would you want to tow 11,000 w/ that short of a truck? Not me.

scweedman
01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Supposed to be three different beds

Tim Wright
01-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Does it come with Diesel?

Tim

Jacob's Yardworks LLC
01-04-2007, 08:53 PM
400HP 5.7? hmmm

FearThisDeere
01-04-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't know if i would tow 11K with it, but probably around 8ish. It is a pretty nice truck for a Toyota. I bet you could burn up some rear tires with it.

ElephantNest
01-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't know if i would tow 11K with it, but probably around 8ish. It is a pretty nice truck for a Toyota. I bet you could burn up some rear tires with it.

And some trannies towing 11K.

Allure
01-04-2007, 08:59 PM
scweedman. I'll be at the dealer the day they arrive.:clapping:

From their web site.
See the all-new 2007 Toyota Tundra revealed live in Detroit on 01/07/07

still no firm arrival date though. the dealer said somewhere between mid january & the beginning of feb.

I have not seen any mention of a diesel. They have hinted that something even bigger is on the horizon.

It's made in America as well. couldn't say that about my chevy!

This is nothing like the previous tundras guys. Completely redesigned.

HenryB
01-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I guess Toyota has begun to put the nails in GM and Fords coffin.:cry:

scweedman
01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Allure, I'll be there to my salesman has me on speed dial. He is going to TX to the new plant for a tour.
There is talk of a diesel. This truck has Ford and GM guys shaken in there boots. The picture was taken at an auto show in canada.The North American
reveal is supposed to be Jan 7th at an auto show.

scweedman
01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
These are pic of the extended cab not the crewmax

scweedman
01-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Interior Picture of the extended cab I guess the max will be the same

scweedman
01-04-2007, 10:12 PM
The first truck to come off the line 11/16/06
Sorry to go on about this truck but i have been waiting a long time:clapping:

TWUllc
01-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Ugly front end. And as a work truck? Now way..

mikes landscaping
01-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Come on guys, its still a toyota. Jk Not trying to start a war. But towing 11k, thats a little crazy. I mean you can tow anything with anything, but safely, no. That truck is still pretty light weight, to have a big ass 10k pound trailer start fish tailing. Just saying. My opinion.
-Pete

scweedman
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Kinda looks like a dodge front end

tthomass
01-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't believe the 400hp........just like Mazada hyping up the RX-8 until it was put on a dyno.

I still see this as a lesser duty truck than a Chevy, Ford or Dodge.

DBL
01-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Come on guys, its still a toyota. Jk Not trying to start a war. But towing 11k, thats a little crazy. I mean you can tow anything with anything, but safely, no. That truck is still pretty light weight, to have a big ass 10k pound trailer start fish tailing. Just saying. My opinion.
-Pete

yeah it looks nice and all but it cant be solid for saying towing a skid loader

RockSet N' Grade
01-04-2007, 11:42 PM
I had a Toyota years ago and put 250,000 miles on it. I have always believed that when the overseas trucks got to the size of the USA trucks, they would steal the market. I think this truck is just the beginning of what is to come.....they aren't toe-to-toe yet, but they certainly have thrown down the challenge. When the GVWR, hp, and vehicle size are the same I will be beating down their doors to own one......SCWeedMan, thanks for this thread.....been waiting for 30 plus years to see this showdown.....

bobcatboy
01-05-2007, 12:14 AM
I had a Toyota years ago and put 250,000 miles on it. I have always believed that when the overseas trucks got to the size of the USA trucks, they would steal the market. I think this truck is just the beginning of what is to come.....they aren't toe-to-toe yet, but they certainly have thrown down the challenge. When the GVWR, hp, and vehicle size are the same I will be beating down their doors to own one......SCWeedMan, thanks for this thread.....been waiting for 30 plus years to see this showdown.....That wil be a long ways of. there half-ton trucks are not up to par with the big three. The only market the comand is the small truck market that is it. Even if they start building big trucks they will have to buy all of the running gear from the us vendors anyway so then what would you say would be better about them.

Allure
01-05-2007, 12:45 AM
all i can say is wait and see guys. you are making a lot of assumptions based on the past. This truck is all new. bigger longer taller stronger. better brakes, trans, suspension, frame, engine etc.

TWUllc
01-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I'll wait to see it at the car show. Hopefully they'll have it hooked up to a tri-axel boat trailer with a 30 some foot Bayliner, like Nissan had a few years ago when the Titian came out. I asked if I could lower the trailer jack and see the suspension hold the trailer weight, but they refused. My father and I had a laugh. :usflag:

GravelyGuy
01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Your going to hear nothing but crap around here. I'm sure if it is a Toyota it will last just as long and probably longer than anything American made. You have the green light all the way from me. Someone needs to be the guinea pig.

FearThisDeere
01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I'll keep my Ford, thanks.

P&C Lawn Care
01-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Who doubted their Chevy was made in America and thinking Toyota is? Toyota's along with all the others are only assembled in America. Parts come from all around the world. All of my Chevrolet's were built in the USA and have been excellant vehicles.

Allure
01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I did & my chevy was made in mexico & canada.

Virtually every vehicle no matter what manufacturer, is made up from parts from around the world. This argument gets so tiresome.

scweedman
01-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Allure, keep me posted send a pic when u get one

Allure
01-05-2007, 11:53 PM
will do weedman. Now i need to decide on a color. My logo would look best on white or black & maybe tan. From a marketing standpoint white is out though. to many white trucks on the road.

scweedman
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
The dark gray is a thought

Allure
01-06-2007, 12:27 AM
yes, that would look good. i didn't see it one the website.

Allure
01-06-2007, 12:31 AM
found a good pic of it

RedWingsDet
01-06-2007, 02:14 AM
If some of you think chevys are built in other countries... LOOK on the INSIDE of your door, and it just might say "Built in Pontiac Michigan"

The parts are from all over the world, like P&C stated.

Screw Toyota, and Screw forgien manufactures.

want out of a job?
Keep buying Forgin.

Im sick and tired of people saying that the forgin cars are built here... I dont care!!! The profits still go back to Mr. Ricearonie. If we would all stop buying forgin crap, we'd have a much stronger economy, and the big 2 (GM and FORD, since Mercades owns 51% of dimaler chrysler now) would be building here without unions. The only thing holding them back are the unions.

Allure
01-06-2007, 02:36 AM
If some of you think chevys are built in other countries... LOOK on the INSIDE of your door, and it just might say "Built in Pontiac Michigan"

The parts are from all over the world, like P&C stated.

Screw Toyota, and Screw forgien manufactures.

want out of a job?
Keep buying Forgin.

Im sick and tired of people saying that the forgin cars are built here... I dont care!!! The profits still go back to Mr. Ricearonie. If we would all stop buying forgin crap, we'd have a much stronger economy, and the big 2 (GM and FORD, since Mercades owns 51% of dimaler chrysler now) would be building here without unions. The only thing holding them back are the unions.

i looked on THE INSIDE of my door & that's how i know where it was made so deal with it. & screw anyone who thinks i should waste my hard earned money on an inferior product no matter where it is made.
I would go on about the economy & global economics etc. but some people are so set in their ways.

Do you check to see where your clothing is made before you buy it?
Do you only buy clothes that are made in America? If not i guess it's your fault that i'll be out of a job soon.

"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."
- Sam Walton

"Good is not good where better is expected.
If better is possible, good is not enough."

iowa
01-06-2007, 03:02 AM
I'll stick with GM thanks.

Cracker Station
01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Hasn't anybody said anything about the notes. I refuse to pay high assed truck notes on anything when I can go to a GSA auction and buy 40-60000 mile 3/4 ton trucks G.M. , Ford, or dodge) and sometimes crew-cabs for $6-8000 in cash and run forever. So what if you spend a thou a year keeping it going. No truck note in my near future anyway. Anytime I do finance something, guaranteed within a year paying it off. My 97 Chevy 3/4 ton just turned 214,000 Miles and still going strong, and good thing about it, Never financed a dime. I believe in setting your sights a little lower, keep the do rei mee in YOUR pocket, and not be sweating the slow times. Not easy to get there, but work at it. Financed a 6,000 exmark start of season, paid off before end of season. Still got plenty of rattle in my pocket. Just bought a Q36 Samurai with all the goody package, put it on credit card just for the convenience. Gurantee will be paid when first bill comes in. I am past all the shine and glitter on new vehicles that take a big hit in value when you drive them off the lot. Sorry for the rant guys. Just don't believe in being a slave to the bank. Just my take on things. Later Ya'll. Cracker

Duekster
01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I guess Toyota has begun to put the nails in GM and Fords coffin.:cry:

Ford and GM had something to do with that too. Not everything mind you but they are also to blame.

I still like the Ford Truck. Ford may one day be nothing but a light truck company. :usflag:

Duekster
01-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Hasn't anybody said anything about the notes. I refuse to pay high assed truck notes on anything when I can go to a GSA auction and buy 40-60000 mile 3/4 ton trucks G.M. , Ford, or dodge) and sometimes crew-cabs for $6-8000 in cash and run forever. So what if you spend a thou a year keeping it going. No truck note in my near future anyway. Anytime I do finance something, guaranteed within a year paying it off. My 97 Chevy 3/4 ton just turned 214,000 Miles and still going strong, and good thing about it, Never financed a dime. I believe in setting your sights a little lower, keep the do rei mee in YOUR pocket, and not be sweating the slow times. Not easy to get there, but work at it. Financed a 6,000 exmark start of season, paid off before end of season. Still got plenty of rattle in my pocket. Just bought a Q36 Samurai with all the goody package, put it on credit card just for the convenience. Gurantee will be paid when first bill comes in. I am past all the shine and glitter on new vehicles that take a big hit in value when you drive them off the lot. Sorry for the rant guys. Just don't believe in being a slave to the bank. Just my take on things. Later Ya'll. Cracker

I rarely even drive or ride in any of my trucks and they get dirty and smelly pretty quick. I agree with you, I am as much cash and carry as possible. However at the same time I want to build a credit history for the company.

scweedman
01-06-2007, 12:09 PM
The toyota factory are hiring americans not bring japanese workers over.
I just want to get the best for the money i spend just like my customers.

Dirty Water
01-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I've heard a rumor of a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton diesel tundra coming in the next few years.

Remember, Toyota builds the Hino's which are bulletproof diesel cabovers.

I'm sure most of the "buy american" idiots shop at walmart without thinking about it.

Allure
01-06-2007, 01:00 PM
good point dirty water

scweedman
01-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Its funny the rich won't expensive cars they buy german,italian and other countries and nothing is said; but when we buy foreign cars like japanese
everyone gets thier panties twisted.

Dirty Water
01-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Years ago we ran a '81 Toyota over 300,000 miles on the original engine, and we wheeled that one hard.

I've been sold on Toyota ever since.

TWUllc
01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
1/2 truck? How does anyone do REAL WORK out of a 1/2ton truck? My dump trailer EMPTY would have that thing draggin the ground...

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 02:21 PM
scweedman. I'll be at the dealer the day they arrive.:clapping:

From their web site.
See the all-new 2007 Toyota Tundra revealed live in Detroit on 01/07/07

still no firm arrival date though. the dealer said somewhere between mid january & the beginning of feb.

I have not seen any mention of a diesel. They have hinted that something even bigger is on the horizon.

It's made in America as well. couldn't say that about my chevy!

This is nothing like the previous tundras guys. Completely redesigned.

Allure...You make me laugh. That new Toyota looks like a truck car. BTW, Is it front wheel drive? You love to bash American companies, like saying that we design inferior products. You are crazy. The big three makes good, dependable products... That is why trucks have been such a great American tradition. I think you should order your Toyota in hot pink- it would match your personality.

Dirty Water
01-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Allure...You make me laugh. That new Toyota looks like a truck car. BTW, Is it front wheel drive? You love to bash American companies, like saying that we design inferior products. You are crazy. The big three makes good, dependable products... That is why trucks have been such a great American tradition. I think you should order your Toyota in hot pink- it would match your personality.

:laugh:

Its as much of a truck as a F-150, and you see lots of you lawnjockeys using those.

Toyota isn't trying to sell it as a F-350, so don't compare it too it. However, Toyota has never produced a FWD truck.

That said, having a truck that has to be back to the dealer 10 times before 100k is acceptable because we are so used to doing it. We think the Big 3 make good trucks, because we don't know any better.

Once people start running their Toyota's to 100k without a single dealer trip aside from routine service they are going to start wondering about the bull we've been fed by the top 3.

If this Toyota is anything like their compact trucks, its going to be a winner.

I've been around offroading compact trucks for years, and the Toyota's always come out on top, the Chevy s-10 and Ford ranger don't even come close. They fall apart while the Toyota's keep ticking.

Allure
01-06-2007, 03:00 PM
boy i guess you told me.
American car co's products are generally inferior to those of toyota & honda period. That is not my opinion. It is a fact supported by studies, tests, & surveys. That does not mean that all american made vehicles are lemons. It means when you are comparing apples to apples toyota will come out on top every time.

What infuriates me is the fact that we have the capability of engineering the best vehicles in the world but we don't for a lot of lame reasons.

I have owned 5 fords, one chevy & one plymouth prior to buying my highlander. there is no comparison in quality & I won't go back until they start making the best cars they can.

using your logic one would assume that the ford explorer, which is the best selling suv ever (an american tradition) must be the best made as well. Wrong again!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 03:20 PM
:laugh:

Its as much of a truck as a F-150, and you see lots of you lawnjockeys using those.

Toyota isn't trying to sell it as a F-350, so don't compare it too it. However, Toyota has never produced a FWD truck.

That said, having a truck that has to be back to the dealer 10 times before 100k is acceptable because we are so used to doing it. We think the Big 3 make good trucks, because we don't know any better.

Once people start running their Toyota's to 100k without a single dealer trip aside from routine service they are going to start wondering about the bull we've been fed by the top 3.

If this Toyota is anything like their compact trucks, its going to be a winner.

I've been around offroading compact trucks for years, and the Toyota's always come out on top, the Chevy s-10 and Ford ranger don't even come close. They fall apart while the Toyota's keep ticking.

I've been driving my Dodge 1500 for 75000 miles... most of which have been hauling a 16' trailer with 2 z's and a walkbehind, mulch, or the occasional skid steer. To date, I haven't done anything to the vehicle but change the oil. Infact, the only time I've ever had to pop the hood was to jumpstart a Nissan Truck. And when I was asking if it was fwd, I was being sarcastic...it looks like a honda crv.

Dirty Water
01-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I've been driving my Dodge 1500 for 75000 miles... most of which have been hauling a 16' trailer with 2 z's and a walkbehind, mulch, or the occasional skid steer. To date, I haven't done anything to the vehicle but change the oil. Infact, the only time I've ever had to pop the hood was to jumpstart a Nissan Truck. And when I was asking if it was fwd, I was being sarcastic...it looks like a honda crv.

Why were you complaining about the truck being a half ton when you drive a half ton?

I like Dodge, of the big 3 they are my favorite, my late father in law had a '99 Ram 1500 that drove nice, however it had a lot of problems with the chassy electronics, and left him stranded without starting a number of times.

What MPG do you get with your 318?

Toyota builds exceptionally bulletproof trucks. The only people who deny this are non-owners....Why would we care what they think anyways?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Why were you complaining about the truck being a half ton when you drive a half ton?

I like Dodge, of the big 3 they are my favorite, my late father in law had a '99 Ram 1500 that drove nice, however it had a lot of problems with the chassy electronics, and left him stranded without starting a number of times.

What MPG do you get with your 318?

Toyota builds exceptionally bulletproof trucks. The only people who deny this are non-owners....Why would we care what they think anyways?

I wasn't complaining about the toy being a half ton... I was complaining about all of this American truck bashing. Our trucks have served our people well. If you want to use their products...do so; but don't knock American products because YOU choose to buy from elsewhere. FTR. I get 12 mpg's hauling 2 z's-14.5 hauling 1 z on a trailer-17+mpg's hauling 1 ztr,2 blowers, 3 trimmers, and gear on the flat bed I recently installed on this truck.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 03:40 PM
ps...it's not a 318. it's a 4.7 L

climber
01-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Allure, I'll be there to my salesman has me on speed dial. He is going to TX to the new plant for a tour.
There is talk of a diesel. This truck has Ford and GM guys shaken in there boots. The picture was taken at an auto show in canada.The North American
reveal is supposed to be Jan 7th at an auto show.

Shaken in there boots huh.... GM and Ford are proven power! Only time will tell... And 11k towing HAHAHA right that truck wont have any brakes left and or a tranny!

Dan

Allure
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Shaken in there boots huh.... GM and Ford are proven power! Only time will tell... And 11k towing HAHAHA right that truck wont have any brakes left and or a tranny!

Dan

& you make this assement based on what?

Jpocket
01-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Truck looks like a glorified grocery getter/family hauler. Each to his own, you'll never see me in one of those, and im sure alot of other folks feel the same way.

That truck has no track record, or history, and it's a TOYOTA. As long as they make detroit iron thats what will be in my yard or driveway.

mikes landscaping
01-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Truck looks like a glorified grocery getter/family hauler. Each to his own, you'll never see me in one of those, and im sure alot of other folks feel the same way.

That truck has no track record, or history, and it's a TOYOTA. As long as they make detroit iron thats what will be in my yard or driveway.

Hit the nail on the head there:hammerhead: :clapping:

Dirty Water
01-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Heh, I'm so glad that the population of lawnsite does not accurately represent the actual United Stations population in Politics or consumer product purchasing.

Seriously, its like Lawnsite is a little suburb of the deep south.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Heh, I'm so glad that the population of lawnsite does not accurately represent the actual United Stations population in Politics or consumer product purchasing.

Seriously, its like Lawnsite is a little suburb of the deep south.

Must be a liberal... You should move to Japan.

climber
01-06-2007, 09:43 PM
& you make this assement based on what?

Well for one I own a GMC... And the truck is a damn tank IMO! And this truck is in its first year they have alot of kinks to work out just like everyone does. But GM and Ford have worked them out a hell of alot longer than Toyota. And they cant just come into the game with a fullsize truck and think they can compete with the top 3. And really anyones whos name has toy in it get the he11 outa here. And its just a toy to go get grocerys.

Dan

climber
01-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Must be a liberal... You should move to Japan.

Hey dont worry about it he's a seahawk fan... They lost in the super bowl. To my Steelers eventhough they didnt make the playoffs this year...

Dan

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I am from the deep south and I too am laughing to myself over all this redneck debate!

A truck is a truck, and it really doesn't matter what is stamped into the tailgate. They all do the same job.

It doesn't matter what brand you look at, be it GM... Ford.... Dodge... Toyota... whatever, You can find someone who has had nothing but problems from day one and someone else who has driven 300,000 miles on the orginal engine with no problems. It just is too narrow minded to be narrow minded over vehicle brand name.

I myself have had several of just about every common make vehicle there is. I have not seen much difference in one truck or car being much better than another, they have all been good, all brands.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I test drove a new 2005 Tundra about a year ago. It was a impressive truck, certainly no " Toy " if you ask me.

Like someone else here said, you can't compare a Toyota Tundra with a F-250 or Ram 3500, but compare a Tundra and a F-150 and I think you will see the Toyota is every bit as much truck as the Ford.

There is nothing special about a pickup truck that only american truck companies can make them.

And I personally don't think Toyota making a full size truck will hurt the " Big three " that much anyway.... Toyota can't make enough trucks, they never have more than a few on the lot at any given time. And Toyotas cost more than domestics and rarely carry rebates, the majority of people will keep buying american because the american trucks will cost less.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I know my mower is better than yours (even though I have never tried your brand/model before).

True Cut Lawn Maintenance
01-07-2007, 01:43 AM
That looks like a truck someone would buy who wants a truck without really buying a truck

Im about 99% sure you wont see too many farmers driving those things.

When it can pull two 500 bushel hopper wagons loaded with corn out of a field and 15 miles to the elevator let me know, until then im sticking with my 3500.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
That looks like a truck someone would buy who wants a truck without really buying a truck

Im about 99% sure you wont see too many farmers driving those things.

When it can pull two 500 bushel hopper wagons loaded with corn out of a field and 15 miles to the elevator let me know, until then im sticking with my 3500.

Decided to quote this poster as it shows the narrowminded thinking common with the posters in this thread.

First of all, who cares what it looks like? When Dodge came out with the Ram in what was it 1996? Most people I know said those trucks were ugly looking, I swore myself I would never own one, but ended up owning two a few years later after the looks grew on me. I heard people say the same stuff when Ford redesigned the F-150 back around the same time, and again when the new F-150 came out a year or two ago. I used to think the Ford Super duty trucks were ugly when they came out, but grew fond of them after a while....My point is that even if the truck looks DIFFERENT now, chances are after seeing them on the road for a while, the look will grow on you and you will end up liking it. My bet is the " Big 3 " will make their future trucks look alot like this Toyota, if the Toyota sells well.

Secondly, again... this is a 1500 series truck, not a 3500 type truck made to haul wagons of corn to the elevators! Stop and read about these things before running your fingers on the keyboard. The majority of trucks sold are quarter ton trucks, not heavy duty trucks... Toyota made their new truck a quarter ton truck! I am sure if they wanted to make a competitive half or one ton truck or even a larger one, they could and it would be as good or better as the American trucks.

bobcatboy
01-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Its funny the rich won't expensive cars they buy german,italian and other countries and nothing is said; but when we buy foreign cars like japanese
everyone gets theirs panties twisted.the rich and famous are all followers, if you were to were a $hit hat and to them it was high class and in style they would do it.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 01:36 PM
First off, I don't believe anyone is looking at the specs of this new Tundra. This in not the same Tundra from last year. This is a big, full size truck. Park it next to a Ford F-150 and you will see.

I would hold off my bashing of something until I researched it. Otherwise I would sound uneducated on the subject.

Now will it over take Ford, GM, and Dodge in truck sales? Probably not, but it does help us all in the fact that all of the truck manufaturers are going to compete and provide us a better product.

climber
01-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Heres the Facts...

Dan

elmo1537
01-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Who doubted their Chevy was made in America and thinking Toyota is? Toyota's along with all the others are only assembled in America. Parts come from all around the world. All of my Chevrolet's were built in the USA and have been excellant vehicles.

Unless you have an older chevy i doubt it was made completely in the United States. Ford and Chevy have met their match maybe then will start producing something that isnt on the same lines as garbage.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
You don't have the specs correct for the new 07 Tundra.

climber
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
O really dont I... Here there site with there specs! http://www.toyota.com/tundra/specs.html?s_van=GM_TN_TUNDRA_SPECS

Dirty Water
01-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I took the actual specs from Toyota and plugged them into a spreadsheet for climber.

Hopefully this settles any more arguing that this truck is a 'toy'. I have no idea where Climber got the specs he had, Tundra's have always had a 4x4 option heh.

EDIT: Climber, read your own link.

BTW, this compares the highest rated model of each, no point in comparing the base. I also threw in the TRD supercharger rating that isn't available yet.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Here is some specs that edmunds.com has on the 2007 Tundra double cab limited 4WD (5.7L V8):

Model Year: 2007
Make: Toyota
Model: Tundra
Style: Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD (5.7L V8 6A)
Base Price: Not available at press time
Price as Tested: Not available at press time
Drive Type: Part-time 4x4 with low-speed transfer case
Transmission Type: 6-speed automatic with manual mode and tow/haul switch
Displacement (liters): 5.7 liters
Engine Type: V8, aluminum block and heads
Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 381 at 5,600
Torque (ft-lbs @ rpm): 401 at 3,600
Braking System: Front: 13.9-inch ventilated disc
Rear: 13.6-inch ventilated disc
Steering System: Hydraulic power-assisted rack-and-pinion
Suspension Type (front): Double wishbones, coil springs, monotube shock absorbers, tubular stabilizer bar
Suspension Type (rear): Leaf srings, staggered monotube shock absorbers
Tire Size (front): P275/65R18
Tire Size (rear): P275/65R18
Tire Brand: BFGoodrich
Tire Model: Rugged Trail T/A
Curb Weight (lbs): 5,637 (as-tested)
Recommended Fuel: 87 octane unleaded
Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 26.4
EPA Fuel Economy (mpg): 14 City/18 Highway
Edmunds Observed (mpg): 14.3

Conditions for Testing Top
Temperature (Fahrenheit): 60°
Humidity: 0.264
Elevation (ft): 1121
Wind: 1

Performance Top
0 - 30 (sec): 2.2
0 - 45 (sec): 4.1
0 - 60 (sec): 6.3
0 - 75 (sec): 9.4
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 14.8 @ 93.7
30 - 0 (ft): 32
60 - 0 (ft): 131
Braking Rating (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor or Very Poor): Good
Slalom (mph): 54.9
Skid Pad (g-force): 0.69
Handling Rating (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor or Very Poor): Good
Db @ Idle: 45
Db @ Full Throttle: 76.6
Db @ 70 mph Cruise: 65.6
Acceleration: All the best runs were made with traction control off*, but with prudent throttle modulation to keep the rear tires from evaporating. Wow, this thing is quick! *Note: Turning traction control off automatically engages Auto LSD, an electronic limited-slip function.
Braking: Not much to tell: very little ABS pulse or hum. Pedal stroke and firmness remained the same from first to last stop.
Handling: Non-defeat stability control (there isn't even a button) limits the slalom results to an artificially low speed. There's more in this Tundra than the numbers indicate. Steering is quick and precise, and the chassis is suited to dancing, but we'll never really know. Unlike slalom, where stability control was the limiting factor, it was the tires on the skid pad. An inexorable "push" develops that doesn't seem to awaken the sleeping electronic nanny.

Specifications Top
Length: 228.7 in
Width: 79.9 in
Height: 76.4 in
Wheelbase: 145.7 in
Legroom (front): 42.5 in
Legroom (rear): 34.7 in
Headroom (front): 40.2 in
Headroom (rear): 38.7 in
Maximum Seating Capacity: 5
Cargo Volume: N/A
Maximum Cargo Volume (rear seats down): N/A

Warranty Information Top
Bumper-to-Bumper: 3 years/36,000 miles
Power Train: 5 years/60,000 miles
Corrosion: 5 years/Unlimited miles
Roadside Assistance: N/A
Scheduled Maintenance: N/A

Safety Information Top
Front Airbags: Standard
Side Airbags: Standard front
Head Airbags: Standard front and rear curtain
Antilock Brakes: 4-wheel ABS
Electronic Brake Enhancements: Brake assist, electronic brakeforce distribution
Traction Control: Standard
Stability Control: Standard
Rollover Protection: Standard
Emergency Assistance System: Not Available
NHTSA Crash Test Driver: Not Tested
NHTSA Crash Test Passenger: Not Tested
NHTSA Crash Test Side Front: Not Tested
NHTSA Crash Test Side Rear: Not Tested
NHTSA Rollover: Not Tested
IIHS Offset: Not Tested

By the way, this info was not that hard to find. I always prefer to get the facts before I make ASSumptions.

Dirty Water
01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
The link from Toyota that Climber posted matches that too, and my spreadsheet.

What he did was choose the lowest rated option available, (Despite us talking about the double cab) of the Tundra, and compare it to the highest rated from the Big 3 :laugh:

JGroverCU
01-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I dont know about some of you, but chevy has a Vortec Max series that has the 6.0 liter engine. Take a look at those specs.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 07:54 PM
climber,

I just read the page YOU posted for specs. You had better reread the WHOLE page. Obviously you ommitted the info about the 5.7L engine for some reason.

climber
01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
No thats not what happened! When I using there site non of what there now was there when I looked. I searched around all for sites for and hour find teh proper specks!

Dan

Dirty Water
01-07-2007, 07:56 PM
No thats not what happened! When I using there site non of what there now was there when I looked. I searched around all for sites for and hour find teh proper specks!

Dan

Maybe you were looking at the 2006 one? But even that one had 4x4.

I went off the facts you had about the other 3, so I don't know if they are accurate, but if they are, the Tundra hands down wins when it comes to specifications.

Dirty Water
01-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I dont know about some of you, but chevy has a Vortec Max series that has the 6.0 liter engine. Take a look at those specs.

I'm not seeing that one listed on Edmunds, just the 4.8 and the 5.3...I was under the impression that 6.0 was only in the 2500's and up?

RedWingsDet
01-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I dont care if yall say the tundra or whatever is better. They all have problems...

And I still love my Chevy's, Dodges, and I hate to say it, but Fords too.

But then again.

when toyota comes out iwth a 3/4ton or 1ton, then that'll be the time to have a fight over it. lol

Oppinions are like A-Holes, we all have them, and they all stink.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 08:03 PM
While you are rereading YOUR link, make sure you click the "capacities" page for accurate "payload" and "towing" numbers.

You should admit that you were wrong by an honest mistake or that you tried to mislead on purpose.

davidcalhoun
01-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I know the GM 6.0 is also available in the 1500HD and the Sierra Denali (also a 1500 series) for sure.

Dirty Water
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Regardless, the HO 6.0 is only 345hp and 380ft lbs of torque. Well below what the 5.7 litre Toyota iForce produces.

Mike Blevins
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
How many of you guys on here bashing japanese products run KAWASAKI motors??? Shindiawa or Redmax trimmers or blowers? Nobody on here can say they own 100% American made prioducts ?There is always some part made somewhere else. I run an 86 Chevrolet 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup,Scag,Redmax equipment, but my wife drives an 06 Honda Odyssey. Why because we think the Odyssey is the best family vehicle we could buy. Better quality,gas mileage, resale value, safety.

mike lane lawn care
01-07-2007, 09:36 PM
i think toyotas are going to over take the market for light trucks, the tundra and tacoma are already unstoppable, try getting 300,000 miles out of your factory installed transmission and engine on a chevy or ford, it happens once in a blue moon, but toyotas do it often. My teacher does landscaping and pulls an 8 footer around with a 4 cylnder tacoma with over 320,000 miles on the clock, the body is dinged up, but the truck still runs like a champ.

I know i'll never see that on my astro, it has the same trans and engine used in the 1500, and it was never used for heavy hauling. My uncle, a big time chevy and ford fan, who hated toyota, now ons three, a highlander, an avalon, and a tundra crew cab. they have never seen more than the 3,000 mile oil change, and the tundra has 50,000 miles with out needing a single repair, the brakes were done at 45,000, but other than that, it doesn't know what a garage looks like.

scweedman
01-08-2007, 07:56 AM
New picture

RedWingsDet
01-08-2007, 08:00 AM
That front end looks like a dodge, and the mirrors look like a ford, while the rest compares to a chevy suburban doors with a chevy silverado bed. lol.

Im sure its just cowincadince though. (and no im not being sarcastic)

scweedman
01-08-2007, 08:10 AM

davidcalhoun
01-08-2007, 10:48 AM
One direction that most manufacturers have drifted to is to have a shorter bed on their crew cab (1/2 ton) models.

I like the old standard where a short bed on a crew cab was 6'5".

This new crew cab Tundra's bed is only 5'6". The short bed on a Ford crew cab is also down to 5'6". The crew cab GM twins are down to 5'9" on their short bed. I believe the Dodge is the only one left with a short bed longer than 6'.

I am sure that these short beds may help to keep the payload numbers down to a safe level, but it sure does limit what lenght/amount I can haul in the shorter bed. Yes, I know that I could leave the tailgate down to haul longer items, but I prefer to keep my tailgate closed if possible.

scweedman
01-08-2007, 06:03 PM
The tundra will have 3 bed options but i don't know the lenghts

davidcalhoun
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I made my last post about crew cab models only.

The 2007 Tundra Crewmax will ONLY come in a 66.7" bed. This short bed size will not be on the other 2007 Tundras.

You can get a 78.7" or 97.6" bed on the 2007 Tundra Double Cab (Toyota's version of a extended cab) or the 2007 Tundra Regular Cab.

lawnboy dan
01-08-2007, 06:48 PM
my 03 tundra has been great -not a single problem . i got 300,ooo out of my last toyota on the orig engine and trans

scweedman
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
More Pics

RedWingsDet
01-08-2007, 07:10 PM
are they out already? because I keep seeing ones that look just like that in the detroit area

RedMax Man
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Those new Tundra's look ok, but i still like most of the big 3's trucks better. It still doesn't look like it could be used for a work truck. What i don't understand is very year they come out with bigger cabs and shorter truck beds. If you want all that room just get an SUV, some of those beds are so short how can they even be useful. I'd have to agree Toyota has a good reputation and it's increasing rapidly.

ED'S LAWNCARE
01-08-2007, 10:08 PM
:laugh: :laugh: looks about as usefull as the honda ridgeline:laugh: :laugh:

bobcatboy
01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
my 03 tundra has been great -not a single problem . i got 300,ooo out of my last toyota on the orig engine and transI bet you pulled all of the maintanence on that truck too. And was the truck a manual transmision. only time will tell with the japanese trucks, they can build a good product. I think everybody is looking at the #'s that the motor is making and looking at the tow ratings and thinking man this truck ought to be able to pull its a-- of, but I dont care what anybody says You put 8k behind that truck and pull it around everyday,well any 1/2 tone truck and it is going to lay down on you

Jpocket
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
The truck looks GAY...Like it's been on "broke Back mountain" or something.

ED'S LAWNCARE
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The truck looks GAY...Like it's been on "broke Back mountain" or something.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

davidcalhoun
01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry, I can't let the gay comment go unchecked. I heard the same "gay" comment about the new GM 1/2 ton twins when they first came out. Of course that comment must have came from a Ford guy.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-09-2007, 10:51 AM
The truck looks GAY...Like it's been on "broke Back mountain" or something.

lol!:usflag: I bet it comes standard with a Tampon dispenser.

lawnboy dan
01-09-2007, 06:27 PM
yes bobcat i did all the work on that truck except for replacing the timming chain. and believe it or not -it was an automatic trans. i changed the fluid every 30k and oil every 3k.

ferrall426
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
First time poster, this thread got me all pumped up.. It is a Very nice truck and if money was no object, one would be in my driveway. If you don't like it, you might be a redneck.

tthomass
01-14-2007, 12:05 AM
First time poster, this thread got me all pumped up.. It is a Very nice truck and if money was no object, one would be in my driveway. If you don't like it, you might be a redneck.

And if you drive a pretty truck and don't know how to use you're pretty equip, you might be an idiot.

davidcalhoun
01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Just to bump this up......

I recently read a review that said the Tundra CrewMax rear seat area was bigger than the Dodge Ram Mega Cab.

Anybody else see the Tundra ads on TV during the football playoffs last weekend? They were showing several componates (transmissions, brake rotors, etc.) side by side with other trucks manufacturers componates.

moparman
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
toyato sucks ive pulled carts out of the field with my dodge 1500 over 300,000 miles on it. so dont tell me that little chi** car will pull more tan a dodge ford or chevy

Shopkeeper
01-18-2007, 10:35 PM
toyato sucks ive pulled carts out of the field with my dodge 1500 over 300,000 miles on it. so dont tell me that little chi** car will pull more tan a dodge ford or chevy

Based on the two posts from you I just read in less than one minute, you need to chill out, quit making ignorant comments, and get the facts before you start spewing crap all over this forum.

Look at the specs, not your ignorant, biased, inexperianced opinion.

:rolleyes:

moparman
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
sry i just hate toyota i was born to bleed blue dodge all the way. i just handle toyota putting my dad out of bussiness and mYBE ME WHEN I TAKE IT OVER SRY IF I OFFENED YOU I JUST CANT HANDLE IT:usflag: