PDA

View Full Version : JC Whitney Parts - Feedback?

turfquip
01-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Anyone order a truck bumper from JC Whitney? Were you happy with the product/service? Thinking about a bumper for my F-250.

The buyer reviews on their site are all positive as might be expected but was looking for additional input.

Ed

terrapro
01-05-2007, 09:42 AM
i have ordered a few random body parts from them and got what i expected. no complaints

J&R Landscaping
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I ordered some random parts from them last summer. It took a while for the order to arrive and 2 of the parts were back ordered. I'm not sure if I would order from them again. I was not that pleased with the transaction.

topsites
01-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Back when I was young I used to order tons of stuff from them.

I like their aftermarket cruise controls for $80.
But I do find you have to look through a ton of crap to find what you want, and what you end up ordering may not be what you had in mind when you started looking. I also find that they have some hyped or supposed miracle products, meaning stuff that doesn't really do anything (but the price is way cheap).

Their body parts appear to be in order.

It's an interesting experience, definitely not your every day car parts store.

Cracker Station
01-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Never actually heard anything bad besides slow shipping. Personally wouldn't use them. Here locally we have a chain store called Fenders and More, I think is the name. They may have been sold and go by a different name now. Look in your local yellow pages under automotive body. Carries just about everything in the body line, and tons of up-grades. A lot of their fender panels are made in Africa, but I have never been disappointed in fit or quality. Good thing about it, they charge roughly half of what the dealer charges. I think they carry most everything any of the dealers would have as far as body goes. No mechanical parts. Hope that helps. Later ya'll. Cracker

B. L. Landscaping
01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I have always had good luck from them but I pick up at there near by warehouse, shipping on one item is slow though.

Cracker Station
01-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Previous post I mentioned Fenders and More. I believe Keystone has bought them out. Should be a warehouse in most major cities. Later again. Cracker