PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Jim ( Jungle Jack )

dbroken64
01-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I looking to invest in something to lift my mower to get acess to the underside. Was looking at the jungle jack. Can you lift directly on the mower deck ( Wildcat) with this product??? Does anybody else have any experince with this product??:waving:

Frosty_03
01-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I have one and it is one of the best tools I would not be without. It is one of the first tool that goes on my truck. Great for changing blades and have used it to get myself unstuck. I highly reccommend it:cool2:

cborden
01-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Yes, you can lift directly at the deck. In my opinion, my Jungle Jack was one of the best support tools I've bought. You do need to use common sense when lifting with it, as you would with any lifting device.

gorrell
01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
I've got a used one that I'd sell. It works fine except it's not strong enough to lift my Dixie Chopper 72" diesels. It will work fine on a 60" or smaller unit. I'd ship it to you for $90 and pay the shipping. I can send you some pics if you want.................Lynn Email me at gorrell@starband.net if you're interested

Hard Worker
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Do you need to use jack stands as a "safety" precaution or is this stand alone?

greengiant9963
01-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Bought one last season. I like it alot.

Frosty_03
01-05-2007, 01:51 PM

I do not use jackstands as it is pretty stable once you get the machine up.:cool2:

dbroken64
01-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Jungle jack sent me a catalog with all the info about their products today. Have any of you purchased any of their other equipment. From the pics it looks like they make some quaility products. Gorrell I sent you a email about the offer. Interested!!!!!!!!!

Jason Rose
01-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I had one I bought used off of Ebay. I had to wait about 2 months for the idiot to get it shipped to me and then I only used it a dozen times. I loved it though! I bought it becuse I bought an Exmark Lazer Z and didn't want to have to use the floor jack to lift it... My Dixon mowers I could lift up and put on a stand! I sold the Exmark POS and let the jack go with it... Now I need one again!

As for th jack being stable, it does have a extra bracket that is supposed to be flipped down and pinned when it's in the up position to prevent it from dropping. It's pretty stable without it though.

jrs mowing
01-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I have one and the time it saves me compared to the floor jack is worth the money.........

JDWalkbehind
01-05-2007, 07:51 PM
does the jack work good on deere Z's with the deck?

Tadams
01-05-2007, 09:54 PM
It works GREAT on a 60" Lazer. You have to use common sense when you lift it and crawl underneath it. I use jack stands under mine but it takes about 30 seconds to get them out and under the mower.

The only problem that I have had with mine is when I take it and the mower to the back of someone's property to clean under the deck. If the ground is the least bit soft or wet the JJ will dig into the ground and not lift the mower up. Solved that problem by using a piece of 5/4" decking to put underneath the JJ. If you are on solid ground- No problem.

hackitdown
01-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I use on on a 52" Exmark. It hooks under the deck, and lifts the mower in about 5 seconds. I use mine to the side of the deck, then pop a small jack stand under the other side to stabilize and provide a backup. It worked well on a Gravely 48" WB, and a Bobcat 48" WB, too.

The Jungle Jack for the shop and ProLockers for the trailer are the best investments I have made to date.

greengiant9963
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
does the jack work good on deere Z's with the deck?

I use it on my 737 without any problems.

CAG
01-05-2007, 11:56 PM
drive the mower up on the corner of your trailer gate... of course u will have to switch sides but it has worked great for us for years..

Eclipse
01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
drive the mower up on the corner of your trailer gate... of course u will have to switch sides but it has worked great for us for years..

This does not work if you have an enclosed with a ramp gate :)

tshank
01-06-2007, 01:51 PM

I do not use jackstands as it is pretty stable once you get the machine up.:cool2:

Like the jack very much. Months ago a poster relayed the story of a weld breaking on his new Jungle Jack. I have used jack stands ever since reading this.

dbroken64
01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I am convinced about the jack. Going to invest in one. As wet as it is around here and the predicted rain for the spring I am going to be under the mower alot scraping it looks like.:laugh:

Eclipse
01-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Last I checked around this was the cheapest place to buy one. It looks like they have gone up in price a bit since I purchased mine.

PowerEquipmentWarehouse
01-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi dbroken 64

Jungle Jacks are available on the link below. They really work great!
Thanks Jay

JDWalkbehind
01-07-2007, 04:05 PM
wow thanks everyone. greengiant9963 thanks i have a 757 and our mowers are basically the same but mine's 06. defenitly goning to go buy one now. thanks again.

nick

Eclipse
01-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Did my post get edited? I thought I included a link? Sorry.

www.commercialdirect.net

ed2hess
01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Let me ask if you can change out a hydro belt using this jungle jack thing? Would you use it to change a rear tire? I guess my point is ....what is so wrong with using a floor jacks and short piece of railroad ties/2x10s to get under the units. As someone mentioned blades can be changed off ramps, yes even off the closed van ramps with a little bit of engineering. Get a good low profile floor jack it can be used for many other things.

Eclipse
01-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Yes it can be used to change rear tires.

I have a floor jack. This is much easier to transport around and quicker to use. I have also changed blades off the ramp of my enclosed trailer and it is a real PIA as compared to the Jungle Jack.

Even my local dealer has one of these in the shop for quick tire changes and other uses.