PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean up @ a Golf Course

DAMSLandscaping
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I have been approached by a golf course that is interested in a spring clean up for the entire course. Has Anyone every done or heard of anything like this before? I know the place very well and know what would be involved, i dont think they realize how much somthing like this would cost them. They want at least 2-3 guys for 2-3 weeks. Anyone every worked for a course doind a clean up before?

grandview (2006)
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Where is the course maintenance crew?

Precision
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I have never done that, but that would run somewhere between $10k (for 2 guys for 2 weeks) and $22K (for 3 guys for 3 weeks).

I think they would choke over that, but hey I would willingly bid it.

lawncare18
01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I am an assistant golf course superintendent of an 18 hole private club. we do all of are cleanup in house.. we have a day where members come in and help then we have a bbq lunch. I can tell you there is a lot of cleanup on a golf course and I hope you have a chipper. I rented one today for about 2 weeks at 1,000 a week. You just need some blowers and rakes to do cleanups usually, but think about one yard you would do and times it by 18 for an 18 hole course. I would attack each hole at a time. There will be a lot of limbs down and some raking to do. They expect you do clean out all the flower beds and club house property to? this alone would take a week. We usually start last week in march with cleanup weather depnding. we are doing a lot of tree work this winter.. took down about 15 pines this week and just began clearing a lot of wooded land we own. ANy questions please ask me and I will help you out. A power sweep would come in handy to. Big blowers are nice becuase you can just blow of fwys greens etc into piles.

DAMSLandscaping
01-06-2007, 06:43 PM
The reason they want to do this is because a lot of their help is at school until around may, and it has always been an issue getting the spring clean up done due to dealing with irrigation issues. they only have 2-3 guys until schools out. I dont think they are going to like how much this will be. thanks for your imput guys! :waving:

cantoo
01-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I would think they might consider a temp help service at that price. Maybe you can just supervise their temp guys if they bail at your price?