PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time

FATWEASEL
01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I just found out some GREAT news. Maybe everybody else already knows this but I'm somewhat of a hermit so I just found out that............starting in 2007, YES, this year, daylight savings time starts 3 weeks earlier and ends a week later than it has in the past!!!!:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Since 1966, most of the United States has observed Daylight Saving Time from at 2:00 a.m. on the first Sunday of April to 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. Beginning in 2007, most of the U.S. will begin Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and revert to standard time on the first Sunday in November. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

I LOVE the winter time because it means ski trips but I HATE losing daylight so early. This is good news!

Prestige-Lawncare
01-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Indiana just went to DST this past year .... and I DO NOT like it at all. And to make matters worse ... different parts of the state are in different time zones! And to make that even worse ... counties in the middle of the state can be in a different zone then those around it. Some of Indiana is on EST, some on CST. And besides ... who wants it to still be dark at 8:00am?

What a joke!

Thanks Gov. Mitch Daniels

grandview (2006)
01-05-2007, 06:29 PM
So do your guys try to leave early because of the time zones or do you dock them for being late to work!:confused:

FATWEASEL
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Indiana just went to DST this past year .... and I DO NOT like it at all. And to make matters worse ... different parts of the state are in different time zones! And to make that even worse ... counties in the middle of the state can be in a different zone then those around it. Some of Indiana is on EST, some on CST. And besides ... who wants it to still be dark at 8:00am?

What a joke!

You're nuts!:laugh: Of course Indiana is one of those weirdo states that doesn't play with the other kids.:dizzy: j/k:laugh:

The latest time for sunrise is 7:39 am (sunset at 7:26 pm) starting on March 11th and it gets earlier from there until June where it stays around 6:08 am for about 15 days (sunset at 8:35-8:40 pm) then starts getting later again until November 3rd at 7:45 am (sunset at 6:26 pm).

Plus you can still see for probably 30 minutes before/after the sun rises/sets.

At least, those are the times where I'm located.

Andy:)

FATWEASEL
01-05-2007, 07:12 PM

What a joke!

Wait, I just checked...you're screwed!!!:hammerhead: 8:04 am sunrise in the spring and 8:16 am in the fall. Well, bless your heart!:)

kppurn
01-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Having different time zones in our state is definitely backwards. Then again, so is our state. They talked about making the change since we moved here in 1990 and all you would hear is people crying about it. We never really understood what the big deal was?
I say pick one, eastern or central, and go with it.

I do know that I'm tired of hearing that bad toupee wearing Pat Bauer or whatever his name is complaining about that and everything else the governor does.

grasswhacker
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM

What a joke!

I hate DST also.

DBL
01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Wait, I just checked...you're screwed!!!:hammerhead: 8:04 am sunrise in the spring and 8:16 am in the fall. Well, bless your heart!:)

man thats whack im staying away from indiana

Envy Lawn Service
01-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Hummm...

Where all has adopted this? I'm in the Eastern time zone.

Personally, I'm all for it. Heck I would just as soon they leave it that way year around! I hate 'winter' time. Personally, I could give a crap what time it gets daylight in the morning. It's never late enough to have a bad effect on my business.

I used to do that whole "butt-crack-o-dawn" thing every morning and had to find suitable commercial or secluded residential sites for each morning so I could start that early. I quit that for me some time ago. No more waiting for the sun to come up. I start at 8 AM most of the time now. Almost never earlier.

Personally what I am more concerned with is what time it gets dark. Most particularly in the fall. If they must do the switcharoo... early to mid-March is about right to start it.... and I would be happy if they extended it to atleast the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That's when I could use the extra daylight later in the day.

FATWEASEL
01-06-2007, 04:28 AM
Personally what I am more concerned with is what time it gets dark. Most particularly in the fall. If they must do the switcharoo... early to mid-March is about right to start it.... and I would be happy if they extended it to atleast the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That's when I could use the extra daylight later in the day.

See, that's what I'm talking about. I'd much rather have the evening daylight than the morning and starting it in early March and ending in November is soo much better.

Andy:)

StBalor
01-06-2007, 05:07 AM
with all the changes in times over the decades, does anyone know what time it really is? or do we just make it up as we go along?
While we are at it, lets move January and february to the middle of the year. That way it can be warm for those 2 months for a bit.

jeffex
01-06-2007, 07:38 AM
daylight savings time is great for my business. I start mowing a 4pm so it gets tough come leaf season so the extra week helps. I usually have to cram leaf work into sunday and my day off. Evening work helps when its hot and great for building up customers because they are comming home from work and stop and ask me for a price. In the winter I work ft. job only and I get 5weeks vacation as well as 11 paid holidays. Works well for me but not full timers.

T.E.
01-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I for one love DST. I'm in CTZ, and without DST it would daylight here in the summer time at 5:00 am! That means at 4:30 in the mornings it would be getting daylight way too early for me to be getting light. I'd rather have the light for my use when I'm up :laugh: (later in the day ) rather than it be light when I'm in bed. Oh well different strokes for different folks.

Later, Tony

Duekster
01-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I like DST, it is Standard time I don't like.

I heard they were extending DST as a energy saving measure. Not sure how that is supposed to work. It does not get dark until after 9:30 PM in June. My A/C is rolling on max.