PDA

View Full Version : Scag High Velocity Decks

chuck bow
01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Couldnt post a quick reply so i will try this as some arent aware of the new decks Discharge side is some 40% bigger than the Old Advanatage decks and front of deck on the under side is almost like the old style pre advantage deck days should be a big improvement , also we have been running a high lift blade on discharge side and 2 standard lift on the other 2 helps alot with air flow , also on the older advantage deck we have removed the turbo baffel to open up the discharge , this last idea came from a old pro who used to be a member here and is quite respected in this industry in and around this area ( you know who you are !!!!!!!)

FATWEASEL
01-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Are you running that blade setup on the Advantage deck or the Velocity Plus deck?

Envy Lawn Service
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
chuck,

In this case, I have an old thread I'd like you to take a look at for me if you don't mind.
Very tightly related... so I'd like your opinion....

I just gotta dig the old thread back up.
I'll post a link here if/when I find it.

THANKS

Envy Lawn Service
01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
OK Chuck,

I'm going to post this link first because it has several really good pictures of the new Scag deck
(thanks to Ron)
I think they might be useful to this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=161453&highlight=Envy

I'll post the second one separately...

Envy Lawn Service
01-05-2007, 11:01 PM
The second thread is mine and also covers some more of the stuff I want to ask you about.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144583

Primarily Chuck, I am interested in discussing discharge openings and turbo baffles with you. We might be able to help each other a bit. I think I have info you might be able to use, and I think you have info I might can use.

You will see in the first thread that I posted pictures of one of my mowers in post #6, post #7 and post #8. As you can see in those pictures... Scag and Lesco share a similar shape at the rear of the discharge opening, which is slanted like so /........|

I'd like to talk to you some, but at the same time, I don't want to totally hijack your thread either. So browse those two threads a little for me and let me know where you would rather have discussion.

THANKS

LLandscaping
01-06-2007, 12:42 AM
I have a Turf Tiger with the velocity deck and a Tiger Cub with the advantage deck. The velocity deck discharges much better than the advantage.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Absolutely the velocity feathers the grass better.