PDA

View Full Version : january sod

lawncare18
01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I saw a guy laying a full trailer of sod today.. I had to turn around to make sure I was not seing things. This weather is nuts, 62 for the high today in syracuse. Anyone else seing guy out mowng,soding,landscaping. I know the owner of our local turf farm and he cuts till there is snow so he deff is suplying the sod. It was a dunkin doughnuts, sod loked healthy to!!!!Anyone else thinking baout starting up esp you guys in the mid atlantic or seing anything going on this time of the year?

grandview (2006)
01-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Same here company did all the landscaping topsoil and sod today 1/05 in Buffalo.:confused: :confused:

lawncare18
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Grandview it is is crazy.. its almost weird dont you think??? we get a lot of lake snow to and there is just nothing.. I like batavia sod co.. good company out there.. just seems weird to see people soding this time of the year.

Runner
01-06-2007, 01:54 AM
They are cutting sod up here, too.

RedWingsDet
01-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Ya, ive done a mulch install and put down 4 yards of limestone yesterday...

I could use a few sod jobs right about now.

tjsquickcuts
01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Sod farmers are having a record year in some places.....With the lack of snow in the north, sod farmers have been taking advantage and cutting and sending as much as possible before its all over, and snow finally moves in.... Jennings Sod, the company supplying the sod for the Super Bowl is loving the weather, because with all the rain and warm ground temps, they have had it easy keeping the turf looking Great.....Was down there for the first cut by our governor. That sod looked great.....200 yards of plush green grass. So when all you guys watch the Super Bowl, just know that the sod is from Gawja....
But with all the building going on down here, builders lay sod everyday no matter if its hot or cold.....I makes for more work for the LCO, but I am just glad they are building so it doesnt matter.....It just more work, and more money....at least thats how I see it....