PDA

View Full Version : How about this trailer???

DixieChopperDuramax
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I found this out in the middle of no where and iv been looking for a cheap trailer to fix up, we're gonna add another crew next spring, 2 mowers is all im looking to get on it but im kinda afraid its not long enough, how long would yall say it is, im thinking maybe 12' but it could only be 10, im refering to the flatbed part since the dove tail is to steep. Thought if i can get it cheap enough id throw some new steel sides on it and give it a black paint job.

DBL
01-05-2007, 11:15 PM
a gooseneck for 2 mowers thats a little much

DixieChopperDuramax
01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Why do you say that? no offense jw why. I like the way a gooseneck manuvers a lot better than a bumper hitch and it would be handy to put a big load of mulch on or even haul a little hay. It is a stout looking trailer though, not sure how much theyll ask for it. Wev got a 25' gn we use on the farm but its to long to get around town with.

Uranus
01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
A ton of weight too.

DBL
01-05-2007, 11:28 PM
they are tough trailers and if you use them for mowers then go ahead i jsut always thought them to be heavy hauling trailers and not for light things like mowers

Duekster
01-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Looks like over kill to me but a nice trailer for heavy eq not mowers.

shortgut
01-06-2007, 12:03 AM
this is our set up really nice pulls alot better than a bumper pull this one was a bumper pull till we conveted it to a G/N

LawnTamer
01-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I bet you could find a used utility trailer that would suit your needs a lot better and weigh a lot less. Why pull all the extra weight, I don't know about there, but here, gas costs money. Plus why give up your truck bed. A GN distributes weight better and tows a little nicer, but we're talking about 2 mowers, not an excavator.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree nice trailer, but its made for a bobcat or excavator. Yes it would haul some mulch, hay, heavy loads. I think its over kill for mowers. If you have the cash buy it.

Lawn Enforcer
01-06-2007, 12:00 PM
It looks like it is 12' to me. I would get it if I had a goose neck hitch.

TWUllc
01-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Talk about OVERKILL for 2 mowers....

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Why do you say that? no offense jw why. I like the way a gooseneck manuvers a lot better than a bumper hitch and it would be handy to put a big load of mulch on or even haul a little hay. It is a stout looking trailer though, not sure how much theyll ask for it. Wev got a 25' gn we use on the farm but its to long to get around town with.

That trailer would be complete overkill for hauling around a couple of mowers...and it's small size relative to the huge weight rating of the axles would be overkill for mulch too. Do yourself a favor and find a 16ft tandem with 3500Lb axles. No offense, but I'd laugh and laugh if I saw a trailer like that loaded down with two mowers.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
this is our set up really nice pulls alot better than a bumper pull this one was a bumper pull till we conveted it to a G/N

That set up is very nice...I bet it is really maneuverable.

DixieChopperDuramax
01-06-2007, 05:25 PM
That trailer would be complete overkill for hauling around a couple of mowers...and it's small size relative to the huge weight rating of the axles would be overkill for mulch too. Do yourself a favor and find a 16ft tandem with 3500Lb axles. No offense, but I'd laugh and laugh if I saw a trailer like that loaded down with two mowers.

Yeah i statred laughing just thinking about it, turns out there asking more than i would wanna give so im just gonna keep looking.

scweedman
01-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Shortgut nice trailer any more pictures

twj721
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I will do some digging and find some more before GN conversion and after we put neck on trailer Thanks for the flowers AKA (complements):clapping: on trailer

LB1234
01-07-2007, 01:10 AM
I would think with that steep incline the mower decks would bottom out even if they are all the way up...at least it appears that way in the photo

scweedman
01-07-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm always looking for ideas on setting up a trailer with all the stuff we have to carry if u know what i mean.
I'm trying to set up a enclosed trailer now

scweedman
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Dixie not that u would have a problem pulling anything with that truck

DixieChopperDuramax
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah thats why i was considering it bc id be able to usee it for more than just the mowers, but there asking 1100 for it and i can go buy a brand new one that would work a lot better for the mowers for less than that. I found a 20' gn for 2800, thats about the best deal iv found.