PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Rear Discharge Deck?

wbkuhler
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey fellas, I was wondering if anyone has any experience on the Hustler rear discharge deck?

I am considering one but not shure how the cut would be compared to my exmarks that I currently run.

We are getting into alot of cemeteries and the rear discharge would cut donw on alot of the trowing clippings on the stones.

Any replies or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad Kuhler
Kuhler Lawn Care

FIRESCOOBY
01-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey fellas, I was wondering if anyone has any experience on the Hustler rear discharge deck?

I am considering one but not shure how the cut would be compared to my exmarks that I currently run.

We are getting into alot of cemeteries and the rear discharge would cut donw on alot of the trowing clippings on the stones.

Thanks,

Brad Kuhler
Kuhler Lawn Care

Buddy had one as a loaner for a couple of weeks. The cut on it was NOTHING like the cut on our SD decks. I thought it would be a good idea at first having both sides as trim sides, but the cut quality was nothing like I was expecting. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the clippings are not discharged. They are mainly left laying.

tacoma200
01-07-2007, 09:32 AM
For use on playgrounds, school grounds, etc where an object being thrown may be more dangerous than usual. Not a good choice for day to day cutting.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Thanks,

Brad Kuhler
Kuhler Lawn Care

I think a high horsepower ztr with a mulch kit will be your best bet for safely and neatly cutting in a cemetary. I tried out a rear discharge unit and was not happy with the final appearance of the cut grass. Rd units are better suited for rough cut conditions like orchard or nursery work.

wbkuhler
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the input from you all.

I believe I will stick with the side discharge and maybe try using the mulck kit.

Thanks Again for the Help really appreciate it.:)

Brad Kuhler
Kuhler Lawn Care