PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GM truck radio

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone here that has a 2004 or newer Chevy or GMC truck, that had a factory CD player or even better a CD player with Cassette deck.... Maybe someone who took out the stock radio to replace with a aftermarket one???

I want to buy one to put in my 2005 Silverado. All it has right now is AM/FM and would be nice if I could play my CD's Thanks

Chop Stuff Up
01-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe you can look on ebay, they usually have some on there. They have some cheap aftermarket ones too, but then you have to buy the install kit and you will also attract the thieves.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
01-07-2007, 09:34 AM
I like the full sound of the factory radios... the Aftermarket units don't sound as good without a amp and better speakers. Was hoping to find a factory unit so I could pull mine out and unplug it, and plug a better one in and slide it in the dash and be done with it.

I looked on Ebay and there are some for sale, but at stupid prices imho. Was hoping someone here had one that they would sell at a reasonable price.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone here that has a 2004 or newer Chevy or GMC truck, that had a factory CD player or even better a CD player with Cassette deck.... Maybe someone who took out the stock radio to replace with a aftermarket one???

I want to buy one to put in my 2005 Silverado. All it has right now is AM/FM and would be nice if I could play my CD's Thanks

Install a cd changer with an fm modulator. It'll sound great and you'll save money over buying a new or used head unit.