PDA

View Full Version : Kit Propane

wriken
01-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know of a place to get a bolt on propane kit for some kaw and kohler powered mowers. Horsepower would be 23-say 30 motors. Something that we could possibly put on ourselves, or have our local dealer install.

ed2hess
01-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Have you dealer contact McCoys Lawn Dealer in Austin Texas they are converting a lot of units.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-07-2007, 11:50 AM
where ever you decide to have it done, make sure to get the right components. I have a friend who had a bobcat retrofitted to run on propane...and he lost about 50% of his power. After going through some tanks really fast, he discovered that he had a massive leak:hammerhead: . Just be careful and do it right.

wriken
01-07-2007, 11:54 AM
The dealer I use, does alot of work on propane trucks, used for Schwanns Ice Cream deliveries. Actually I have'nt talked to him if he has resources for this already, but will very soon. I would'nt mind converting one of my mowers to propane, probably my 27 kohler. I was wondering about fillups also, take your 30-40# tanks to a refill station, or get a fill station hooked to my current 500 gal tank. I heat with wood, have only used 15 gals since sept, but locked in at 1.59 per gal. Seems it would be cheaper in the long run.