PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my estimate!!!!

JustinPowell22
01-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Ok guys heres what I got....

I have 1 3/8 acre of turf to mow. (Thinking of charging about $95 a visit) down here we have 44 cuts a year.

I have about 1 hour of blowing (2 guys) ($60)

I have about 30 min of weeding (2 guys) ($30)

I have about 1,105 ft of shurbs to trim. These are normal size about 3 1/2 ft tall they surround the property and also there are some rows throughout the property.

Let me know what you would charge to maintain the shrubs. I usually cut them 2 times in the growing season and 1 time in the off season. ( I calculated 19 cuts based on 2 visits April-November and 1 visit December-March)
Thanks alot!!!!!!!
ps. there is no edging that needs to be done. Sounds hard to believe.

Tim Wright
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
If you are talking man hour cost then,

Mowing - pretty cost.
Blowing - is too low, unless you cut your rate of man hours depending on the job, but if you are going to run a/your BUSINESS, man hours will give you your profit numbers to work with.
Weeding - Same thing as blowing - you are talking one man hour @ $30.00 which is low.
Shrubs, Depends on how long it will take to trim and remove clippings, and a haul away fee. Again man hours on the trimming and haul away fee.

I try to get $40.00 per man hour, and my hauling fee is the same as man hours, so $40.00 per hour on hauling also.

Others here are smarter than I and may have a better system.

Tim

lawnpro724
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
How many shrubs are there? square ft doesn't tell me the type or how many.

Fantasy Lawns
01-08-2007, 05:22 PM
It's hard to say unless I can see the shrubs ....but fore us we offer 6-4 trims per year n base our hourly on $40 per hour to trim

The monthly cost fore me @ 1.5 man hrs per event is $210 per month ...but we only provide 42 visits per year