PDA

View Full Version : seized pin?

Swampy
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
At work we have a Ford 94 F450/superduty, which is far better truck then our Ford 99 F550 for mulitple reasons. But it seemed like a the pin that holds the PTO ram to the box is seized and ripped the plate that attaches it to the box. Was wondering if just making a "bandaid" or just TIG weld that plate back to the box would break it free.

Can post some pics if it would help.

She's a old truck that just won't quit.
LOL other problems. 2nd gear syncro's are pretty much gone, overdrive is heading out as well. Tail gate is tweaked. No radio. Gots a bad stack on one side of rear springs (not suprised with the hell this thing has been through)

desii
01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Is there room for you to spray some Fluid Film in there and let it set for a while, to free it up?

CLARK LAWN
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
heat red hot, then use a BFH and a bar to drive the pin out. (BFH= Big Fu@kin Hammer)

LindblomRJ
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I will second Clark Lawn's idea.

Weld it back up. Might want to thinking about a gusset plate as well.

Is there a grease fitting for the pin or not?

Swampy
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
really don't want to end up taking that pin out cause the way that its in there you got to take the entire box off to get it out.

As for a grease point it must have fallen out because its not there but theres a hole there for one. Never noticed it was gone.

There is some space in between that pin and the plate to spray some PB blaster in there. so I'm going to try that first, cause its easiest.

Dano50
01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
If PB Blaster doesn't work, then I'd try Fluid Film. It won't work as quick, but it will continue to migrate down since it won't evaporate.

Good luck!