PDA

View Full Version : How Much To Pay For Help?

NE Wisconsin
01-09-2007, 04:08 AM
hey everyone i was just wondering what you guys pay your workers for an hours worth of work. I need to hire some people this year cuz i'm currently in college and my business it getting much to big to handle by myself, and i need this business to pay for college. So this up coming year i was thinking of getting another 36" walk behind, so i can have myself and at least 1 more person to get lawns done super fast. thanx

Duekster
01-09-2007, 04:18 AM
It is a regional and company thing. Also how much skills do you want the person to have?

You can pay any where from $8 to $12.00 around here for good help. Those with experiance I pay around $11.00.

Some people pay the illegals even less but I don't higher those.

NE Wisconsin
01-09-2007, 06:00 PM
i would just have them just cutting and trimming and possibly pulling weeds i think 8 bucks an hour would be good

Inman's lawn care
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I pay my employee that is i only have one.
I pay him 10.00 and looking at raising his pay this year.
He is a great asset to my business. He knows what he is doing and i dont have to worry what he is going to F**k up. LOL
I had a high schooler a year ago the guy was a hard wroker but like a puppy.

meets1
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Region, area your living in etc should dicate your pay. But like the others daid - 8- 12 is good.

PR Fect
02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey, Jew or is it Tity? I just love you guys who want to have a conversation, receive and give information and do not post a name. I don't think the feds will raid your house if you post your name on the Internet. Any way in " northeast Wisconsin" be it Greenbay or the Fox Valley, you will not get anyone that will help your business succeed for $8.00 an hour. I would say at least $10.00 per hour if not $12.00 to attract the right people to apply and then you will still need to reject most of them. You can also try one of the temp agencies. They do all the screening, pay all the taxes, and the workmans comp.. All you do is pay a set fee around $12 an hour per man and you done. No matching Medicare, Social Security, Extra bookwork nothing. It will save you time and money with no commitment. PR

barefeetny
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
i read a while back that just mow it was paying by the yard....

talk about a novel idea.... pay your employees like we work

by the job

S.A.L.
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
By-the-yard is the way to go.

It's a great motivator.
If ya wanna slack dick, ya get slack-dick pay. Then you're fired.
If ya help me rock-n-roll, the business will reward you.

packey
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
to get anyone to help that I can trust i have to pay 11.00 per hour to start and to get anyone who has experience i have to pay at least 16 per hour